• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

https://twitter.com/anderherrera8

UHGeulFt.jpeg

WELCOME MY FRIEND
Look how happy he is. The little boy inside him wanted this move :*)

jesalr

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m
Uruguay confirms they will lodge an appeal against Luis Suarez's Fifa ban.

Bad for Liverpool, right?

Mastadon

Banned
Looking forward to seeing Herrera play next year. Seems overpriced but will probably justify it from what I've seen of him.

on YouTube

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m
Uruguay confirms they will lodge an appeal against Luis Suarez's Fifa ban.

Bad for Liverpool, right?

Can they extend the ban like the FA\ if it fails? I wonder.

Bumhead

Banned
If nobody matches his asking price I still wouldn't sell. Right, he misses a lot of Liverpool matches, but it's only the real goobers who think we're unable to win a match without him, despite all the hard evidence suggesting otherwise.

It's idiotic business to just say 'fuck it, sell for half the price' because he misses two and a half months of domestic football. He's still the third best player in the world.

And a lot of what I read on Suarez reminds me of the horsejizz minor political parties spout because they know they ain't getting near the hotseat.

"I'd never cheer Suarez again."
"I'd sell him for a cut-rate fee."
"We'll legalise weed."
"We'll abolish University fees."

Regarding the ban itself I think it's largely fair. Escalated from last summer and rightly so.

The danger though is that comment about not returning.

In the cold light of day and on the back of emotion it remains to be seen how serious he is about that. He's not outright confirmed he's not returning to England, but it's a suggestion that will cause Liverpool headaches if he makes good on it.

Di Canio went straight to Italy after Dave Richards and Danny Wilson bungled their handling of the Alcock scenario. The result was months of watching journalists chase our best player around cafe's and watching him speed off on his moped. We sold him for half what we paid for him, god knows how much less than his true market value. We might have been lucky to even get that. He made his mind up he wasn't coming back to England - at least not to play for us - and there was shit all anybody could do about it.

Forest went through similar with Van Hoijdonk.

If I was a Liverpool fan that comment about not being sure if he can return to England would be terrifying to me. Rightly or wrongly, decisions over good business sense and missing the first two months of the season might not be Liverpool's to make.

Meier

Why not? Atletico (a badly run club) managed to do it.

I think until they formally have a more acceptable TV money situation, it'll be nearly impossible for them to compete with the big 3 there. The income disparity is so significant, not to mention there's obviously a certain glamour to playing in Madrid that Bilbao can't offer.

Sneaky can probably confirm this, but it always seems like they fully own their players as well. Atletico are more than happy to own 50% or less with quite a bit of regularity. Some day that will probably bite them.

Gambit

I had the same reaction, hopefully Jogi only wants to give a Götze breather...

That's my hope. He did better than expected in the position and should remain in the starting eleven. Maybe Jogi realised Özil and Poldi had all their good games against weak opponents.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think until they formally have a more acceptable TV money situation, it'll be nearly impossible for them to compete with the big 3 there. The income disparity is so significant, not to mention there's obviously a certain glamour to playing in Madrid that Bilbao can't offer.

Sneaky can probably confirm this, but it always seems like they fully own their players as well. Atletico are more than happy to own 50% or less with quite a bit of regularity. Some day that will probably bite them.

Makes sense.

Fuck Madrid and Barca.

operon

The danger though is that comment about not returning.

In the cold light of day and on the back of emotion it remains to be seen how serious he is about that. He's not outright confirmed he's not returning to England, but it's a suggestion that will cause Liverpool headaches if he makes good on it.

Di Canio went straight to Italy after Dave Richards and Danny Wilson bungled their handling of the Alcock scenario. The result was months of watching journalists chase our best player around cafe's and watching him speed off on his moped. We sold him for half what we paid for him, god knows how much less than his true market value. We might have been lucky to even get that. He made his mind up he wasn't coming back to England - at least not to play for us - and there was shit all anybody could do about it.

Forest went through similar with Van Hoijdonk.

If I was a Liverpool fan that comment about not being sure if he can return to England would be terrifying to me. Rightly or wrongly, decisions over good business sense and missing the first two months of the season might not be Liverpool's to make.

Frankly he's in no position at the moment to make demands or do anything like that. He has this ban, sponsors like adidas are having meetings to decide what to. Best thing for him is keep the head down and get on a psychologists couch quick.

Pennywise

That's my hope. He did better than expected in the position and should remain in the starting eleven. Maybe Jogi realised Özil and Poldi had all their good games against weak opponents.

Better than expected ?
He played nearly every fucking position in Dortmund and he did it excellent as well, I'll expect nothing less from him.
Allthough Reus>Götze considering how fucking good Reus was the last matches...

Would have been awesome....Reus and Götze on the wings with Özil on the bench.

Bumhead

Banned
Frankly he's in no position at the moment to make demands or do anything like that. He has this ban, sponsors like adidas are having meetings to decide what to. Best thing for him is keep the head down and get on a psychologists couch quick.

Hopefully he does that then.

I guess it can't be overstated enough though that any sort of rational decision making isn't exactly applicable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom