• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky77

I think until they formally have a more acceptable TV money situation, it'll be nearly impossible for them to compete with the big 3 there. The income disparity is so significant, not to mention there's obviously a certain glamour to playing in Madrid that Bilbao can't offer.

Sneaky can probably confirm this, but it always seems like they fully own their players as well. Atletico are more than happy to own 50% or less with quite a bit of regularity. Some day that will probably bite them.

Sure we could break the tradition, but besides that not guaranteeing any titles, then it wouldn't be Athletic, any longer.

Gambit

Better than expected ?
He played nearly every fucking position in Dortmund and he did it excellent as well, I'll expect nothing less from him.
Allthough Reus>Götze considering how fucking good Reus was the last matches...

Would have been awesome....Reus and Götze on the wings with Özil on the bench.

No need to convince me. I wasn't sure he'd put in the defensive work, but he did, so I was pleasantly surprised. Reus + Götze would have been awesome

Hixx

Looked like Lahm was on his knees next to Neuer and Hummels
KuGsj.gif

Lightning

Banned
Looking at that Germany line up and see 3 Arsenal players. Here we go with the blame if things don't go absolutely perfectly here....

Another free pass for Bayern's overrated crap players.

fuenf

Looking at that Germany line up and see 3 Arsenal players. Here we go with the blame if things don't go absolutely perfectly here....

Another free pass for Bayern's overrated crap players.

nah it's an relatively unimportant game, the Arsenal players should perform just fine.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...e=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

United confrimed now

BrEXBscIUAA2lm2.jpg

Ander Herrera signs for United

Manchester United is delighted to announce that, after triggering the buy-out clause in his contract on Tuesday, it has signed Spanish midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Club in Bilbao, pending the receipt of the International Transfer Certificate. He joins on a four-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.
Ander, 24, from Bilbao, joined Athletic Club from Real Zaragoza in 2011 and has since made 128 appearances, scoring 11 goals. He has been capped by Spain at Under-20, Under-21 and Under-23 level.

Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Ander is a fantastic young player, with great energy and creativity. We believe him to be one of the brightest young prospects in Spain and I am certain he will be a big hit with the United fans. I’m delighted he has made the decision to come to Manchester and play his part in the club’s future. I’m looking forward to seeing him in action on our summer tour to America.”

Ander Herrera said: "Signing for Manchester United is a dream come true. I have played at Old Trafford for Athletic Club in the UEFA Europa League and it was one of the highlights of my career so far. I have joined United to do all I can to help the team reach the club's objectives. Having arrived on Tuesday, I’m excited to now be living in Manchester and I can’t wait for my first game in United’s famous red shirt. I will never forget my time with Athletic Club and I’d like to thank the fans and staff for all their support and, above all, wish all my fantastic former team-mates all the best for the future."

"During celebrations, Lafferty grabbed Iachini's famous hat off his head and threw it around. Beppe wasn't pleased about it.

Iachini commented on the incident after the fact, saying Lafferty wouldn't play another minute because of it. Everyone thought he was joking

Lafferty did not play in the remaining four matches of Palermo's season and is now sold."

Iachini pls lol

THxjAQY.jpg

Hixx

Are you really a 'young prospect' at 24, though?

This obsession with youth and potential in modern football is getting seriously weird.

jesalr

Can they extend the ban like the FA\ if it fails? I wonder.

I don't know if they can extend the ban, either the games or months. I would imagine that the ban would be postponed until after the appeal, so it'd cause him to be banned for more Liverpool games.

L1NETT

Good signing for yous that United chaps

Bit older than De Gea was when he joined right (?), so hopefully shouldn't have as long of a settling in period

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I can't even read the Herrera story without logging in to some account.

This fucking club.
Here ya go
Ander Herrera signs for United

Manchester United is delighted to announce that, after triggering the buy-out clause in his contract on Tuesday, it has signed Spanish midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Club in Bilbao, pending the receipt of the International Transfer Certificate. He joins on a four-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.
Ander, 24, from Bilbao, joined Athletic Club from Real Zaragoza in 2011 and has since made 128 appearances, scoring 11 goals. He has been capped by Spain at Under-20, Under-21 and Under-23 level.

Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Ander is a fantastic young player, with great energy and creativity. We believe him to be one of the brightest young prospects in Spain and I am certain he will be a big hit with the United fans. I’m delighted he has made the decision to come to Manchester and play his part in the club’s future. I’m looking forward to seeing him in action on our summer tour to America.”

Ander Herrera said: "Signing for Manchester United is a dream come true. I have played at Old Trafford for Athletic Club in the UEFA Europa League and it was one of the highlights of my career so far. I have joined United to do all I can to help the team reach the club's objectives. Having arrived on Tuesday, I’m excited to now be living in Manchester and I can’t wait for my first game in United’s famous red shirt. I will never forget my time with Athletic Club and I’d like to thank the fans and staff for all their support and, above all, wish all my fantastic former team-mates all the best for the future."

Something just occurred to me

As it stands, Suarez's WC career may well be over since he's the only reason they qualified this time in the first place. Therefore, Uruguay have nothing to lose by the ban being lengthened on an unsuccessful appeal. If it was stretched to a 6 month ban, the only party to really lose out would be Liverpool, and this appeal technically has nothing to do with us :s

Hopefully they'd consider that if it happened, and just extend the ban to include Copa America games

Feorax

Something just occurred to me

As it stands, Suarez's WC career may well be over since he's the only reason they qualified this time in the first place. Therefore, Uruguay have nothing to lose by the ban being lengthened on an unsuccessful appeal. If it was stretched to a 6 month ban, the only party to really lose out would be Liverpool :s

I doubt the 4 month ban would be the one elongated, as that would have absolutely no impact on the appealing party at all.

Really rooting for Germany here. Most of the US fans in the WC thread and on twitter have turned me well off their team succeeding at anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom