• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
We played well when we had energy but when things got slower we had no threat.

Lost due to two mistakes:
- Failure to pick up players at a Set Piece.
- Not giving Baines help even though all Italy's attacks were down the right. Shifted Welbeck out there in the second half but he looked knackered at that point.

Randdalf

Also, Welbeck was really good. Never made a pointless run. He was playing like he did against Madrid two seasons ago: constantly closing down and winning the ball back high up the pitch.

Darmian was outstanding tonight. For a new player to the squad and with no major experience he looked like he had been playing at the highest level for years.

We have many questions defensively, but if Buffon and De Sciglio can come back for the next game we should be a lot better.

I am very happy with the overall performance. We picked a team that has a lot of energy and a good workrate and our gameplan worked. I am sure we will add more creativity for the next game.

I said before the competition that losing this game wasn't the biggest fear, but exerting too much energy would be the problem for the next game. We got the second goal and relaxed a bit and took our time and saved a lot of energy. England should be worried about the amount of players cramping and exerted too much energy

@doicocare, the one time England threatened in our box

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rooney is unaccountable, so is Glen Johnson

Clegg

Irish TV being very critical of Gerrard. Saying he failed to influence anything in the game and was running on empty after 60 minutes.

L1NETT

Phil Jones fills with no more confidence than Johnson at fullback

I'd say try and keep the back four as settled as possible, they weren't exactly torn to shreds

Dunno, wish we had better back up there

bud

this goal just goes to show that these players are more suited to playing counter-attacking football.

otherwise, someone like sterling keeps blindly running into a wall of defenders.

Walshy

Irish TV being very critical of Gerrard. Saying he failed to influence anything in the game and was running on empty after 60 minutes.
He was okay.

But him and Henderson don't work in a two man midfield. Plus they were outnumbered with Italy's three in the middle.

Hixx

Hahahahaha someone gif that pls

loooool94f5f.gif

Not as good as when it was live.

It was a "what the fuck are you doing we have to move on" reaction to Mary Poppins.

Wilbur

Banned
Refreshing to see the English lads honest about our shortcomings

Unsurprising to see the likes of Frank and Shanks not doing so.

Wes

venison crêpe
I thought Henderson had more of a presence from central midfield than Gerrard. Don't think Wilshere added anything when he came on in an attacking sense.

Zabojnik

Darmian was outstanding tonight. For a new player to the squad and with no major experience he looked like he had been playing at the highest level for years.

Darmian is quality, I've said so before it was cool to. :p Won't be staying at Toro for long, that's for sure.
Marry pls, somehow. Let's give them back Ogbonna and take Darmian.

Suarez might go ham and kill us.

I doubt he'll be in a decent shape so soon after the injury. Maybe against Italy ...

Immobile kept on being caught offside. He has problems with his movement.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Tegris

Phil Jones fills with no more confidence than Johnson at fullback

I'd say try and keep the back four as settled as possible, they weren't exactly torn to shreds

Dunno, wish we had better back up there

Flanagan and Clyne would have been far better options. Neither are world class of course but at least they can take a couple of touches without giving the ball away...

Refreshing to see the English lads honest about our shortcomings

Unsurprising to see the likes of Frank and Shanks not doing so.

i was honest about our shortcommings. Defence is a worry, but we executed the gameplan that we were meant to for this game. I expect a very different Italy setup in the next game

Wilbur

Banned
All Englands shots were from outside the box. Hit and hope

Your goal was from outside the box

Ours wasn't

When are you going to stop posting shit all the fucking time? There's honestly a limit as to how one eyed someone can be before they become fucking parodies, and you're pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom