• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Always a pleasure to see England lose.

untitled-6wrs2m.gif
It's weird, I'm no England fan by any means (in fact, probably a ABE) but some aspects of their shiteness really annoy me.

Meier

None of the subs played particularly well but Barkley did provide a spark and had a few good chances. Lallana and Wilshere were poor to average.

That loss is largely on Rooney though. Was a liability defensively and really shit the bed repeatedly when it counted.

doicare

England just as good as Italy over 90 minutes but Italy put away their chances.

But i'm sure there will be countless people saying how shit England are and how brilliant Italy were.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Positives all round, best England performance ive seen in many many years, honestly terrific effort. The trio of Sturridge, Sterling and Wellbeck was awesome, Roy fucked it up by trying to cater to Rooney who has no place in this team anymore.

Why did he not put Lambert on when he took Sturridge off? We had 9 corners and were crossing the ball in.

A weakened Italy played okay and won, a (nearly) full strength England played quite well and lost anyway. There's a gulf in class in every position aside from the wings and up front.

Yen

England were pure dung, but try and tell me Brendan Rodgers
or LVG
wouldn't do so much better with that side.

jtb

Banned
missed Costa Rica - Uruguay. what happened? fluke or deserved result?

did Joel Campbell outplay future teammate Cavani?

bjaelke

England just as good as Italy over 90 minutes but Italy put away their chances.

But i'm sure there will be countless people saying how shit England are and how brilliant Italy were.

Rob Harris @RobHarris
Possession England 47% Italy 53%

sorry guys

kharma45

It's weird, I'm no England fan by any means (in fact, probably a ABE) but some aspects of their shiteness really annoy me.

I hate the hype around them more than anything, and seeing it deflated is just lovely.

Their shitness is annoying-ish. They have good players available, they just lack the manager over the last number of years to actually use them right and have the stones to drop certain people like Rooney.

Hodgson's subs, Rooney, and Johnson were so bad. Baines fucked up, he's the worst of the four English LBs defensively tbh. Some positives to take though, the attitude from most was spot on.

On Italy, Prandelli really has Balotelli playing for the team. At AC Milan, he pops up all over the place, far too deep, trying to get involved in areas he really has no business being. Today though, he was told to play like a proper #9, keeping the two CBs occupied, hassling them physically, etc, and he looked like such a big threat.

doicare

Rob Harris @RobHarris
Possession England 47% Italy 53%

sorry guys
????

Is that supposed to prove me wrong or something? Italy had slightly more possession whilst England had more shots and more shots on target, it was an even game, fair result was a draw.

TeddyBoy

Frustrating from England, Rooney was awful defensively but the team kept trying until the end (even if it was in vein).

Fair play to Italy, they took their chances and defended well when needed.

Yen

Maybe, but that was one of the most positive England performances in a tournament i've seen in yonks

Credit to Woy
In the first half, I thought they were OK (which does equal the best Ingerland performance since 1962 or whenever it was)

How can you not be allowed to criticse his workrate when he left Baines high and dry for 45 minutes, and only needs a week out to pile on the pounds. Sick of him.

Yen

Costa Rica were very good, took their chances. Uruguay were awful from front to back. Cavani did absolutely nothing bad his penalty, Forlan looked every one of his 41 years.

Uruguay played pretty badly and Costa Rica gave it everything... Uruguay only scored because of a rather silly penalty. The third goal was the substitutes first touch on the ball lol

oxnzbl.gif

ygoxzg.gif

dglnsb.gif

and then they got angry and just started kicking down guys.

asbroo.gif

rzwkym.gif

nofhhd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom