• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

There's nobody I can think of to replace him anyway, so fuck knows. If a Klopp or Conte was available and we got knocked out in the group stage, there'd be no question imo, but there isn't.

Klopp and Conte don't strike me as national team-type managers. Maybe in 20 years, but not now. Conte at least is very much a day to day pressure machine, he'd go insane not being able to train the team for months at time. Klopp as well, I reckon, though he is German.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was right to put Honda in my players to watch

YES!

Fuck the "Roy's done well" bollocks.

A proper coach managed that squad and we win by a few goals. Italy were fucking dire.
Italy conserved their energy in the heat and humidity and weren't experiencing cramp in the 60th minute like some supposedly professional footballers.

I agree that England should do better against Italy's second-choice goalkeeper, out of position defenders, and dudes who played in the sixth or seventh teams in Serie A this year, but what are ya gonna do.

Maybe prepare properly and execute a coherent gameplan, but that has been beyond English players and coaches at least in my lifetime...

Klopp and Conte don't strike me as national team-type managers. Maybe in 20 years, but not now. Conte at least is very much a day to day pressure machine, he'd go insane not being able to train the team for months at time. Klopp as well, I reckon, though he is German.

I was gonna say Rodgers but he hasn't achieved a tenth of what Conte and Klopp have done :p

Christ, I hope 3Sixty is joking with the Lallana comment

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why is Paletta even in our national team is beyond me. Useless player, never has a clue, he WILL make England score again if he doesn't wake up.
This. A million times this.

Bonucci is a nightmare in a back four but he's still better than fucking Paletta. Hell, bring back Nesta I'm sure he's still fit from playing in Canada..
I think italy confused England by pushing Pirlo further forward. For a lot of the game Veratti or De Rossi are playing deeper than him and I don't think England have really figured out who should be tracking Pirlo or who should be marking him.
I told you this was going to happen and Roy would be too stupid to realise it :pp

Wilbur

Banned
Back from the boozer. My thoughts on England.

Bottle job by Roy to start Sterling over Lallana. Yet another speed merchant over the most technically gifted midfielder in England. Brilliant.

This is jokes :lol. Sterling was our best player and absolutely justified his inclusion.

Barkley and Lallana did the square root of fuck all.

Arnie

Italy conserved their energy in the heat and humidity and weren't experiencing cramp in the 60th minute like some supposedly professional footballers.

I agree that England should do better against Italy's second-choice goalkeeper, out of position defenders, and dudes who played in the sixth or seventh teams in Serie A this year, but what are ya gonna do.

Maybe prepare properly and execute a coherent gameplan, but that has been beyond English players and coaches at least in my lifetime...
I 1000% agree.

I think today's game plan was "press with pace".

Great.

Well in Roy you egg.

Serey Die is kind of harsh, does he really hate someone so much to put that on his shirt?

Wait what, did that move? I thought it was a piece of wood

I told you this was going to happen and Roy would be too stupid to realise it :pp
It's particularly funny because it was widely reported in the press that Verratti would start to free Pirlo, and yet here we are. Twice now he's played England and enjoyed more space and possession than he does against relegation battlers in Italy.

This. A million times this.

Bonucci is a nightmare in a back four but he's still better than fucking Paletta. Hell, bring back Nesta I'm sure he's still fit from playing in Canada..

I have been wondering why Bonucci wasn't playing. All our hopes rest with De Sciglio coming back. Paletta needs to go hide in some opera house somewhere.

Wilbur

Banned
It's particularly funny because it was widely reported in the press that Verratti would start to free Pirlo, and yet here we are. Twice now he's played England and enjoyed more space and possession than he does against relegation battlers in Italy.

Presumably because relegation battlers in Italy play far more defensively than we did today and sacrifice players attacking wise in order to sit on Pirlo.

3Sixty

This is jokes :lol. Sterling was our best player and absolutely justified his inclusion.

Barkley and Lallana did the square root of fuck all.

Sterling was dogshit.

Aaron Lennon could have done the exact same thing. Except given the ball away less.

Lallana given 10 mins at the end. In a game where Roy wanted to retain possession, brilliant.

Suen

untitled-3cdqqt.gif

Thank you Sunhi

Wilbur

Banned
Sterling was dogshit.

Aaron Lennon could have done the exact same thing. Except given the ball away less.

Lallana given 10 mins at the end. In a game where Roy wanted to retain possession, brilliant.

Yeah, you're wrong here. Sorry 3Sixty, your Saints boner is too strong this time.

Sterling was dogshit.

Lallana played himself out of contention with 3 consecutive non-performances, and did little when he came on except letting a throw-in twat him in the nose.

Sterling was good, at the very least.

Messi

Lallana played himself out of contention with 3 consecutive non-performances, and did little when he came on except letting a throw-in twat him in the nose.

Sterling was good, at the very least.

Wasn't it sterling who gave the long pass to Rooney for the goal cross?

Sterling was very impressive, didn't let the occasion get the better of him. England have to hope he is fresh for the next game, because he should be able to torch Uruguay.

Bumhead

Banned
Sterling was dogshit.

International Football: When Club Allegiencies Attack!

Whatever the reason for England not winning tonight, Sterling was not it.

I'd play Lallana (or Barkley - depends what you want from that position) but instead of Rooney, not Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom