• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for people watching in the UK. There have been a few games already, what is your television football dream team out of BBC & ITV. You have to pick a presenter, 3 analysts (one of which must be English) and two commentators. For example:

Gary Lineker
Theirry Henry
Juninho
Ian Wright
Guy Mowbray
Silence

GorillaJu

qCCwz3S.jpg

VAMOSSSS NIPPONNNN

Scum

YES SHAKE!!!!

She left 14 mins ago :( it's too late for anything she's going to work tomorrow :/

No you are all lovely ♡

She won't call in sick?

Notice how United fans say it all season and no one agrees

And then all the England fans suddenly agree

I wonder why
Like I've always said, not piss off Man Utd GAF, but Moyes' first job as manager should have been the sale of Rooney to the highest bidder.

Yeah, Italy's doing a bit better there, or would, if all the players were fit. Still, it doesn't exactly hold up to Cannavaro/Nesta/Zambrotta. Looks like Darmian might be this WC's Grosso though, which is encouraging. Not sure what is going on with De Sciglio, but if he comes back in a decent shape and gets his fitness back ... De Sciglio - Barzagli - Chiellini - Darmian, with De Rossi as master protector in front of the line ... not too bad. Not too bad at all.

That really is an amazing back four. Chiellini is just so much better as a CB. A few times today he looked like he was caught in two minds about to attack or stay back.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ITV is shameful, shameful

Gah im so pissed, I hate it, I hate supporting England, this was worse than 4 years ago because for the first time in my life we showed some actual promise.

Bumhead

Banned
Barkley didn't do anything.

Made some decent runs, forced a good save and generally looked sprightly in difficult circumstances against an Italy team which was already deeply entrenched in game control before he or Lalana came on.

I think for what use Rooney was there in the middle, I'd pick Barkley or Lalana over him in that position any day of the week.

Scum

I have a question for people watching in the UK. There have been a few games already, what is your television football dream team out of BBC & ITV. You have to pick a presenter, 3 analysts (one of which must be English) and two commentators. For example:

Gary Lineker
Theirry Henry
Juninho
Ian Wright
Guy Mowbray
Silence

Henry for both channels.

Gary Lineker
Theirry Henry
Juninho
Ian Wright
Guy Mowbray
Silence

Gary Lineker
Thierry Henry
Lee Dixon
Seedorf
Guy Mowbray
Arsene Wenger (I know he's not on BBC or ITV, fuck off anyway pls)

Gary Lineker
Theirry Henry
Juninho
Ian Wright
Guy Mowbray
Silence

Lineker

Henry
Ferdinand (surprising)
Seedorf

Guy Mowbray
Hmm

Rooney stealing the ball from Barkley's strong foot so he could take a potshot with his weak foot is the most unjustifiably selfish piece of play I've seen for a long time

Scum

Lineker

Henry
Ferdinand (surprising)
Seedorf

Guy Mowbray
Hmm

Rooney stealing the ball from Barkley's strong foot so he could take a potshot with his weak foot is the most unjustifiably selfish pieces of play I've seen for a long time
I couldn't believe he did that. Daft bugger.

If we draw against Uruguay and beat Costa Rica playing as we have today but get knocked out does Woy get the sack? I think my answer is I hope not unless he really does stick with Rooney in which case he is a cunt.

Lineker

Henry
Ferdinand (surprising)
Seedorf

Guy Mowbray
Hmm

Rooney stealing the ball from Barkley's strong foot so he could take a potshot with his weak foot is the most unjustifiably selfish pieces of play I've seen for a long time

i like Henry and Rio, because they are good at explaining what the the attack or defender is thinking, and it is interesting seeing the difference in opinion.

That really is an amazing back four. Chiellini is just so much better as a CB. A few times today he looked like he was caught in two minds about to attack or stay back.

Think the back 3 confused Sturridge a bit. We didn't have enough of the ball for him to play on the shoulder, there was always a DM too deep for him to drop back and pick the ball up, and there was normally a CB too wide for him to peel off and wait for the ball on the wing

We could do with a Willian on the left

Wilbur

Banned

Gary Lineker
Theirry Henry
Juninho
Ian Wright
Guy Mowbray
Silence

Lineker
Henry
Vialli
Dixon
death
death

LETS GO JAPAN

Zabojnik

Yes, that's what I thought as well. He looked very uncomfortable there, which is a bit surprising, since he's played there with solid results in the past ... but not really that surprising, if you consider that Conte basically NEVER put him on LB in the three years he's been with us. I'm not even sure how comfortable Giorgio would be in a 4-men defense, to be perfectly honest with you. We've been playing 3-5-2 forever.

Scum

Come on Shinji!

If we draw against Uruguay and beat Costa Rica playing as we have today but get knocked out does Woy get the sack? I think my answer is I hope not unless he really does stick with Rooney in which case he is a cunt.

Rooney should be sacked instead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
She won't call in sick?

Like I've always said, not piss off Man Utd GAF, but Moyes' first job as manager should have been the sale of Rooney to the highest bidder.
She did before a few times, it won't fly this time. I don't want her to get fired lol

Yes, that's what I thought as well. He looked very uncomfortable there, which is a bit surprising, since he's played there with solid results in the past ... but not really that surprising, if you consider that Conte basically NEVER put him on LB in the three years he's been with us. I'm not even sure how comfortable Giorgio would be in a 4-men defense, to be perfectly honest with you. We've been playing 3-5-2 forever.

I am sure he would have felt more confident if it was Bon or Bar next to him. But Paletta is someone he has never played with before and the understanding and confidence was not there.

I genuinely don't know what I'd want. He's doing a decent job, but I fear he's too old to see it through so it might be a better idea to get someone young enough to implement a 5 year plan. But I wouldn't feel comfortable sacking him just for being old, we're visibly becoming a modern team, and improving.

There's nobody I can think of to replace him anyway, so fuck knows. If a Klopp or Conte was available and we got knocked out in the group stage, there'd be no question imo, but there isn't.

Chiellini at LB was a nightmare. I was so scared about that, but it turned out more or less okay. Could watch Pirlo dummy for Il Principino forever.

Scum

I genuinely don't know what I'd want. He's doing a decent job, but I fear he's too old to see it through so it might be a better idea to get someone young enough to implement a 5 year plan. But I wouldn't feel comfortable sacking him just for being old, we're visibly becoming a modern team, and improving.

There's nobody I can think of to replace him anyway, so fuck knows. If a Klopp or Conte was available and we got knocked out in the group stage, there'd be no question imo, but there isn't.
Klopp to Liverpool. Brenden to England.

B-Rod pls

he'd say no anyway, fuck that twat

Wilbur

Banned
Think Roy's doing a good job. He's implemented youth really well. Just needs to show balls regarding Gerrard and Rooney now.

Up late, aren't you? Pass your bedtime mate.

fuck off pls

I have to be up at quarter past 10, so need to sleep immediately after this match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom