• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Wasn't Paletta in Serie A's team of the year?

@England fans, what changes would you make for Thursday, who played themselves out of/into the team? Rooney out for Ox (or Lallana if necessary) and possibly Baines out for Shaw. Although he has every right to feel aggrieved about the lack of protection.

Should be Cole instead of either Baines or Shaw, but sure, might as well start Shaw. Ox or Lallana instead of Rooney, keep Sterling behind Sturridge.

Look at Shinji enjoying himself, Wilbs. Look at him. Sell Rooney.

Most definitely.

If it was up to me he'd be in the boot of a Nissan slowly passing out

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think so, but club form means nothing here. Just look at Balo, Neymar and others. Mario plays his fucking heart out for Italy, his goal ratio is obscene now, something like 11 in 17 in competitive games.
on one hand... fuck Yaya

on the other... Gervinho D:
Ahah you guys still care for him? <3 He's still a bit bitter about Wenger.

Randdalf

@England fans, what changes would you make for Thursday, who played themselves out of/into the team? Rooney out for Ox (or Lallana if necessary) and possibly Baines out for Shaw. Although he has every right to feel aggrieved about the lack of protection.

Honestly, Uruguay's defense is so bad that I could see Barkley or Ox starting (instead of Rooney) to take advantage of the greater freedom they'll have compared to against Italy. Since both teams really need to win, one imagines that the game will be more open, and so we should pick players that take that into account.

Scum

Just drop Rooney. Simple as. Sturridge up top. Sterling and one out of Welbeck or Ox on either side of him. Stick Lallana, Henderson and Gerrard in the middle of the pitch.

Play Oxlade-Chamberlain on the left. Drop Rooney. If Sturridge is injured play Lambert up front.

Tc91

Same as 3Sixty but Sterling in the middle Lallana out wide.

I'd start Barkley as well instead of Henderson, it felt like Henderson and Gerrard were really quiet. Release the young lions.

Mario Balotelli said:
I am so happy, it was truly a unique emotion,” SuperMario told RAI Sport after a 2-1 victory in Manaus.

“It was my first World Cup match and a wonderful sensation to experience. I dedicate the goal to my future wife and to my family.”

“The climactic conditions were just terrible tonight in Manaus, as it was far too hot. Italy always suffer, but the important thing is to win.

“We have to play without getting ahead of ourselves, so we must keep our feet on the ground, otherwise we’re going nowhere.”

Italy Balotelli is best Balotelli. I can't imagine what it was like for him growing up in a country that wouldn't even give him citizenship until he was 18. But he loves representing Italy and the shirt means so much to him.

Suen

What, no. I'm not a Parma hater, you know this. <3

To be fair to Paletta, he's been playing half-injured for a while now. He was brilliant for Parma up until, what was is, March or so.
Was earlier than that. People are being unfair on him, yes he plays like shit but given the season he had it's not surprising. The problem is that people (mostly those who don't follow Serie A or only watch WC) think he is shit, like he is a shit player. If he was a shit player teams like Milan wouldn't be knocking on the door a year or two ago with a hefty sum to buy him (till we told them to fuck off)

Liverpool-GAF, help me defend Paletta.

Was earlier than that. People are being unfair on him, yes he plays like shit but given the season he had it's not surprising. The problem is that people (mostly those who don't follow Serie A or only watch WC) think he is shit, like he is a shit player. If he was a shit player teams like Milan wouldn't be knocking on the door a year or two ago with a hefty sum to buy him (till we told them to fuck off)

But Milan loves buying shit players, so makes a lot of sense.

He hardly played for us

He had funny hair back then, now it's even more hilarious.

I will say though, if he hasn't had the chance to prove that he can't adapt to international football, it's very harsh to assume he can't even though he's been good for his club.

Fergie

Banned
Only Yaya looks dangerous for Ivory Coast.

As donkeyish as Welbeck can become the closer he gets to goal, that front 4 would be petrifying for any team that doesn't have stunningly athletic defenders and midfielders

Plus, he offers so much more protection than the other competitors for his spot
Yeah I'm happy with Welbeck, his overall game is very beneficial. No Rooney and I'm alright with it really. He just slows it down way too much bar his flashes of goals and assists.

Greatest thing Gahl could do for United is just sell Rooney.

I don't doubt he will want to, but it's not like he will get any attractive offers where he will want to go to. Keep in mind this is Rooney, he's not going to go to Monaco, he can barely speak English and he's certainly not going to learn a new language.

Your boy Sirigu did good today. Very good even.

Now tell me how / what do you use to make capture video / make gifs.

Fraps to capture.

Photoshop/files/import/video frames to layers

Make whatever change that is needed (cull frames or whatever, change the res)

Save as gif

I don't doubt he will want to, but it's not like he will get any attractive offers where he will want to go to. Keep in mind this is Rooney, he's not going to go to Monaco, he can barely speak English and he's certainly not going to learn a new language.

Curse of the English player. Not only are they overpriced, they're usually shit, overpaid and you can't sell them abroad either.

Quite many technical mistakes but still an entertaining game so far. Ivory Coast has been the better team by quite a margin but Japan could have scored a second one. Shinji has sloppily misplaced quite a few passes. Honda has been boss.

Scum

I would deploy the christmas tree formation.

YES ARKON!

----------------- Sturridge/Lambert ------------------
--------------- Sterling ----- Lallana/Ox ------------
--- Wilshere/Hend -- Gerrard -- Barkley/Hend ---
Shaw ----------- Jag --------- Cahill ------------- Johnson

Lol Palermo sold him for &#8364;3m. To freaking PSG.

b3rWHTL.png

As always, Zamparini got mad at him and sold him... For wanting a bit more money than the only 230,000 Euros he was earning a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom