• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

Blatter with a russian mob boss

its not even surprising lol
KuGsj.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Talk of managers reminded me I completely glossed over West Brom appointing Alan Irvine.

Get them lumped on for relegation. Great price for them at 3's. Absolute classic case of good coaches not necessarily making good managers. Obviously has pedigree and respect in the game but is the worst manager we've had in my time supporting Wednesday (and there's a fuck load of competition for that dubious honour)

Wilbur

Banned
Talk of managers reminded me I completely glossed over West Brom appointing Alan Irvine.

Get them lumped on for relegation. Great price for them at 3's. Absolute classic case of good coaches not necessarily making good managers. Obviously has pedigree and respect in the game but is the worst manager we've had in my time supporting Wednesday (and there's a fuck load of competition for that dubious honour)

Is this confirmed? Was Lennon not talked about? Even Sherwood would have been better :lol

Sacking Clarke was dumb as shit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
“I went to speak to the chairman and the board there a couple of times and was happy with how the discussions were going,” Sherwood told talkSPORT.

“I was offered the job before we started to negotiate. It just wasn’t right for me in the end, so I decided to give it a miss.

“It is a fantastic club and it looked on the outside like it might be a perfect fit for me, but unfortunately we couldn’t agree for me to move forward.

“I wish them all the best and Alan in particular, someone I played with a long time ago at Blackburn.

“Discussions were going very, very well,” he continued.

“As I said, I went up and spoke to them a couple of times. I was pleased with most things we were talking about and it was a good opportunity for me to get back in very, very quickly.

“But, in the end, I decided when we prolonged the discussions that it wasn’t right for me.”

lol

I bet they offered him a rolling contract like the goon they hired and he declined. A legendary win percentage like his surely deserves a Pardew-length contract in his deranged mind. The bloke has no credentials at all to be turning down PL jobs.

'Sandro is not good enough for my team' - I will never forget those immortal words.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm pretty sure they banked on everyone doing that.

More than likely!

Absolutely stinks of desperation having been turned down by Sherwood.

Tactically poor, too slow to make changes, very mixed record of signings even with what precious little resource we had at the time, alienated the fans and by various accounts the players too, dire record of results.. we were genuinely heading for League One relegation before he got sacked.

Baggies should get ready to be told their opinion is worthless as they don't have as many coaching badges as him.

Duncan Castles interviewed Costa...

"Why would I have chosen to play for Chelsea? It is a thing that is about to happen," Costa told Goal. "Things are going in a direction and, if they keep going as they are going, it is the team I will play for in the next season.

"I've wanted to play in the Premier League for a while. Chelsea are one of the greatest clubs of the world so there are many factors that make you take a decision like this."

The 25-year-old is cautious about affirming expectations that his playing style is ideally suited to English football. "Every year is a different story, nothing is easy in life," he says. "I will have to work a lot to fit in with the style of the Premier League."

The striker was roundly booed by Brazilian spectators as he made his World Cup debut for Spain in Salvador, a city less than 300 kilometres from his birthplace, on Friday. He won Spain's penalty in the 5-1 defeat and declared himself unaffected by verbal abuse querying his sexuality.

"In Spain it happens to me in every stadium I play so I'm pretty much accustomed to it," Costa observed. "I had my right of choice so it's the same for the public, they have the right to choose to boo me. When you are on the pitch you don't think about those things. I saw it coming, I knew it was going to happen so I had my head ready for that."

The forward also countered suggestions that his Spanish team-mates had been affected by the continual cat-calling. "From [last year's] Confederations Cup, they knew that here in Brazil the relation of Spain with the fans was a bit complicated," he argued. "They knew they wouldn't have the support of the public.

"It was a tough loss [but] a match like this happens here and then. There is a positive side which is that we still have a chance so we have to keep our heads up because there are two finals to be played. There is nothing better than a next match to try to forget this one"

Zabojnik

I want Kun more than anything.

And thus began the cuntification of Kun Aguero. He's got the cunt haircut down already.

Waking from a coma to find out that Moyes has gone.

"His wife was the first to see him. Surprisingly, his first words were 'has Moyes been sacked yet?'. He was too week to utter anything else, but when she told him, a single tear rolled down his cheek. It was a beautiful thing to witness."

FORZA SCHUMI!

And thus began the cuntification of Kun Aguero. He's got the cunt haircut down already.

He's already an incredible cunt, not sure he can get much worse if I'm honest. Just ask the backside of David Luiz

Duncan Castles interviewed Costa...

"Why would I have chosen to play for Chelsea? It is a thing that is about to happen," Costa told Goal. "Things are going in a direction and, if they keep going as they are going, it is the team I will play for in the next season.

Just fucking confirm it already Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom