• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

didnt expect goalkeeper to be your preferred position. play CB next time and it will be like a nice vacation ;)

good suggestion, I could leisurely stroll around the other half.

BTW: I thought Kramer was actually quite good. Difficult to evaluate so late in the game, but he seems to have a good presence in midfield.

Neuer was the most awesome person on the field.

afuwai.gif

Yen

Can Chiles please shut up about the 'natural order'.

Dangerous saying that with Glenn Hoddle across the table.

'I have got an inner belief and an inner faith with God. I do believe spiritually we have to progress because we've been here before. The physical body is just an overcoat for your spirit. At death you take the overcoat off and your spirit will go on to another life in a spirit dimension.

'I think we make mistakes when we are down here and our spirit has to come back and learn. That's why there is an injustice in the world. Why there's certain people born into the world with terrible physical problems and why there's a family who has got everything right, physically and mentally.'

fuenf

BTW: I thought Kramer was actually quite good. Difficult to evaluate so late in the game, but he seems to have a good presence in midfield.

Neuer was the most awesome person on the field.

cant believe the fans voted that Algerian GK Man of the Match, what a farce. But fair play AIgeria fought admirably. I don't get the excitement displayed by many at with all these goalies getting shot at.

ROFL what a shitty interview by the ZDF guy. AMAZING INTERVIEW BY MERTESACKER.

Gambit

lol, Metersacker's interview is very honest. Saying to the journalist "what do you want from me? do you want us to play beautifully and be kicked out again? we progressed, that's what counts"

Pennywise

I said that yesterday that he should have given Kramer a chance from the beginning, but Löw loves his Khedira.

Mertesacker is bitter and thought they did a great job.

Meier

BraFQ9wCMAAf9lC.jpg:large

Looks like Javairo Dilrosun from Ajax finally happened. He's 16, rumor last year was we'd pay £500k in compensation. Rodney Kongolo has been a long-term rumor, not certain he has officially moved or not yet. July 1st would make sense.

Filipe Luis is so determined to push through his protracted transfer to #CFC that he has cut off all contact with Atletico Madrid. Luis spent summer ignoring Atletico's requests to talk. While they are furious at his behaviour they will not lower £19m tag. (Express)

ibqokmtG7Tdf4k.png

Gambit

I said that yesterday that he should have given Kramer a chance from the beginning, but Löw loves his Khedira.

Mertesacker is bitter and thought they did a great job.

well, you know how Löw is, he loves his Khedira and Özil, and now apparently Mustafi. But yes, I remember reading your suggestion yesterday. I can see it now. Kramer > Khedira

Yen

Looks like Javairo Dilrosun from Ajax finally happened. He's 16, rumor last year was we'd pay £500k in compensation. Rodney Kongolo has been a long-term rumor, not certain he has officially moved or not yet. July 1st would make sense.

Awful, awful career decision*, but hey, he's getting paid.

*unless you think playing for the Manchester City Football Club Elite Development Squad is better than playing under Ajax's coaches and then playing in the CL. Bet it'll be top getting loaned to Melbourne though

fuenf

So,

Weidenfeller
Großkreutz-Mertesacker-Hummels-Durm
Lahm
Kramer-Neuer
Schürrle-Klose-Müller

pls?

fixed, with a working back 4 we can afford to play Neuer as playmaker. ;)

well, you know how Löw is, he loves his Khedira and Özil, and now apparently Mustafi. But yes, I remember reading your suggestion yesterday. I can see it now. Kramer > Khedira

I know we shouldnt be happy about injuries but that Mustafi injury saved us today.

Scum

Maybe the Swiss will pull off an upset but I want 2008-2011 Messi to turn up tomorrow and for the USA to give the Belgians a good run about. They've been too dull for my liking.

Meier

Awful, awful career decision*, but hey, he's getting paid.

*unless you think playing for the Manchester City Football Club Elite Development Squad is better than playing under Ajax's coaches and then playing in the CL. Bet it'll be top getting loaned to Melbourne though

He was apparently in Ajax's B1 youth team, so he was some ways away from the first team (I would imagine he would have been A2 next season by the natural order of things). City Football Academy is certainly as good a place as any to finish off your final years at that level.

But I don't necessarily disagree with you for what it's worth. First team football is far closer at Ajax than City. With that being said, I doubt he's getting paid much.. not for some time.

omgkitty

Who are you even kidding

Hummels will be back for the France match and Löw will do the glorious 4 CB (with Höwedes!) once again.

Howedes is almost as slow as Per. Germany played much better when Lahm was forced back to RB. Imagine if they played with two real wide defenders.

Gambit

I know we shouldnt be happy about injuries but that Mustafi injury saved us today.

yes, that was some divine intervention. You could see throughout the game that the other players didn't even want to pass the ball to him anymore.

He's probably a very nice guy, but I bet none of the other players even heard hus name before this tournament.

fuenf

Now that I've calmed down a little bit, I'm much less annoyed. I mean WE ALL knew that Löw (and the Bayern players) would screw up at some point and that we would have a horrible game, the only question was when it would happen. Now that the usual fuck up is out of the way, we could be good to go.

4 or 2 years ago we surely would've lost this much, even if it was just NEUER who saved us today.

Rather be lucky than good.

Arnie

Apparently from 5Live:

Graham Hunter - Alexis Sánchez will be told to "find a new club, we'd like it to be Liverpool."

Echo saying the Barcelona opening salvo is imminent.

When we knock back their initial low-ball and reiterate our wish for Sanchez things should move pretty quickly.

EmiPrime

I think we can beat Germany but Schneiderlin and Griezmann need to start and Giroud and Benzema can't play together. I would rather Evra didn't start but I don't know if Digne is ready to replace him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BraFQ9wCMAAf9lC.jpg:large[IMG]

Looks like Javairo Dilrosun from Ajax finally happened. He's 16, rumor last year was we'd pay £500k in compensation. Rodney Kongolo has been a long-term rumor, not certain he has officially moved or not yet. July 1st would make sense.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, more young Dutch talent who are going to be ruined by big money clubs !

Gorlak

Banned
All thanks to the mighty Oz! Without his smooth way of playing we would have never won. Thanks Özil, and many many thanks to Neuer!

To all the h8ers, this is how you win the world cup. France shits their pants right now.

wedward

All thanks to the mighty Oz! Without his smooth way of playing we would have never won. Thanks Özil, and many many thanks to Neuer!

To all the h8ers, this is how you win the world cup. France shits their pants right now.

Beautiful.

Welcome brother.

Gambit

Now that I've calmed down a little bit, I'm much less annoyed. I mean WE ALL knew that Löw (and the Bayern players) would screw up at some point and that we would have a horrible game, the only question was when it would happen. Now that the usual fuck up is out of the way, we could be good to go.

4 or 2 years ago we surely would've lost this much, even if it was just NEUER who saved us today.

Rather be lucky than good.

Yes, it was all going too smoothly, I guess. At least they only stumbled this time.

But I am not yet calm enough to really make sense of it all.

I still think we need Lahm in midfield in general, as I just don't rate Khedira at all. But by God, having Lahm as RB felt so right, so reassuring, so meant-to-be.

...that's debatable. Özil basically said "well, if you really, really insist, I guess I have to score now". In any case, I am glad he did.

LTWheels

Echo saying the Barcelona opening salvo is imminent.

When we knock back their initial low-ball and reiterate our wish for Sanchez things should move pretty quickly.

Talks that it's expected that their opening bid will be £20m + Sanchez.

Meier

Ah yes, more young Dutch talent who are going to be ruined by big money clubs !

City actually have not gone after many young Dutch players. Karim Rekik has continued to grow since the club signed him. We are currently planning to keep him with the 1st team for next season but things could change in the future. He definitely wants to get significant minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom