• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

I'm guessing Inglethorpe will have worked with him at Spurs and sees some potential in him? Strange one.

Makes little difference I suppose. In on a free and will likely be on loan next season so we can see how he gets on. Relatively low risk.

Jarnet87

Ink masters is so rediculous, they do challenges on actual people. They had a challenge where veterans came in asking for traditional military tattoos with eagles and flags etc. Half of the people completely fucked up the flag, i mean wrong colours, wrong lines, no stars. I love this show, its a train wreck.

I think it's a decent show. Every season there end up being only like 2-3 good artists lol, the rest are mediocre/bad. Season 4 had the best final 3 artists of any season IMO.

omgkitty

Here's the Veysey news:

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays

Wayne Veysey (Goal) : Arsenal have submitted an official £32m bid for Alexis Sanchez

What we've bid is all over the place. I've seen below 20m, I've seen 25 and now 32.

Lol

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays

I want to hear what @Kike_Marin_ has to say about that £32m bid because Wayne Veysey isn't really reliable

Meier

I wish sports betting was legal in the US. Or is it and I'm just clueless?

You can bet in Vegas and a few other places in person. Online betting is illegal but a few sites operate out of other countries that Americans can use. I don't believe the British sites allow it due to the fact that it's illegal here.

Blablurn

Saw this avatar on the Gaming Side lol.

United GAF pls

image.php

Zabojnik

Sanchez to Liverpool is pretty much certain, imo. Not that Juve could've influened the outcome of that transfer in any case, but since we're about to sign Iturbe for 25M€, we're definitely out for Sanchez.

CONGRATS LIVERPOOL!

Feorax

Sanchez to Liverpool is pretty much certain, imo. Not that Juve could've influened the outcome of that transfer in any case, but since we're about to sign Iturbe for 25M€, we're definitely out for Sanchez.

CONGRATS LIVERPOOL!

It's still entirely likely he goes to Arsenal, but in that eventuality we keep Suarez, so it really makes no difference.

omgkitty

CONGRATS LIVERPOOL!

WTF are you talking about? Everything has said he's not interested in going to Liverpool.

L1NETT

Why aren't arsenal trying to buy a striker

Joel Campbell??

I dunno. If he passes (well, passed) on Cesc and doesn't even enquire about Lukaku and/or follow up Remy (which has gone colder than an Eskimo's willy) then he's barmy

Giroud/Campell/Remy sounds ok I guess?

Wilbur

Banned
I guess we think he is a striker? I mean he kinda is....sort of? We'll probably buy Remy at some point I'd assume. Wenger is probably waiting to see if we can get someone better.

Well, he always plays in either Theo or Ozil's position; he might be extremely potent in terms of attacking but he's not really a striker. Presumably he'd be playing alongside Ozil and not ahead of him.

I understand - like us with Mata - that if that type of quality is available for a reasonable price it has to be done, but the priority for Arsenal isn't really Sanchez's position; it's both ahead of that and behind it.

Wilbur

Banned
Joel Campbell??

I dunno. If he passes (well, passed) on Cesc and doesn't even enquire about Lukaku and/or follow up Remy (which has gone colder than an Eskimo's willy) then he's barmy

Giroud/Campell/Remy sounds ok I guess?

Don't see any fresh Remy links anywhere to be honest. Campbell's looked very decent, and I like Giroud more than a lot seem to, but Sanchez is best coming from the right - a la Walcott - or from the centre - a la Ozil.

Unless he's finally doing what he should have done ages ago and turning Walcott into an inverted winger.

I saw somewhere today say Sanchez wasn't keen on going to Liverpool.

But really who cares unless the news comes from a select 3/4 people max everything else should be ignored.

RafaelH117 for example - He gets things right sometimes and others he's just speculating. These people somehow become assumed as actual ITKS. They're not.

Either way. Sanchez saga is going to provide some pretty good dick measuring lols between Liverpool-GAF and Arsenal-GAF. I look forwards to it.

omgkitty

Well, he always plays in either Theo or Ozil's position; he might be extremely potent in terms of attacking but he's not really a striker. Presumably he'd be playing alongside Ozil and not ahead of him.

I understand - like us with Mata - that if that type of quality is available for a reasonable price it has to be done, but the priority for Arsenal isn't really Sanchez's position; it's both ahead of that and behind it.

If we buy Sanchez, I guarantee you will see him at the top in Giroud's position, guaranteed, whether he needs to be there or not.

Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien

@DarrenF11 debuchy is definitely coming but i would have gone for Aurier personally

Looks like all the news is coming today.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, stage is set for ArseGAF and PoolGAF to be just as amusing as they were last season. Wonderful.

Murray you Scottish fuck

Dimitrov looks the real deal though (at 23 he's kind of a relative latecomer now though?)

It can only be good for tennis that the big four - already a superb set of consistent challengers - can be rivalled by people like Wawrinka, Dimitrov et al.

Where's Del Potro? I like him. Injured?

pulga

Banned
Nowhere I've seen has said that? A few places have said that he prefers arsenal, but not that he's ruled out Liverpool.

Actually one of the catalan rags said Sanchez is not seduced by the idea of Anfield at the least. And I quote.

qindarka

Banned
Yeah, stage is set for ArseGAF and PoolGAF to be just as amusing as they were last season. Wonderful.

Dimitrov looks the real deal though (at 23 he's kind of a relative latecomer now though?)

It can only be good for tennis that the big four - already a superb set of consistent challengers - can be rivalled by people like Wawrinka, Dimitrov et al.

Where's Del Potro? I like him. Injured?

Injured for pretty much the whole year.

And yeah, tennis players seem to hit their prime later nowadays, or perhaps its just this generation that's falling short. Was never really uncommon throughout tennis history for under-21s to win Grand Slams but they're barely ranked in the top 100 now.

omgkitty

Actually one of the catalan rags said Sanchez is not seduced by the idea of Anfield at the least. And I quote.

I also don't think he likes the idea of being a make weight in a deal for Suarez. Imagine if you're a player and your team says "Hey, we got this new guy coming in who's better than you, so we'd like you to leave so he can play. You think you could also go to the team he just came from too? He's too good for them, but you're not!" Nothing against Liverpool, but imagine if that was you.

Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien
@GoonerForLife3 debuchy will sign as talks are going v well. Nothing heard on Schneiderlin yet tho

Can anyone else confirm the source for this article? I didn't see anything on L'Equipe's website.

EDIT: I should've mentioned that the article talks about a possible transfer for James, with his agent hinting that it's unlikely he'll stay at Monaco, and that Napoli, Madrid, and Barcelona have all shown interest. Price will be €45m+.

Mastadon

Banned
I also don't think he likes the idea of being a make weight in a deal for Suarez. Imagine if you're a player and your team says "Hey, we got this new guy coming in who's better than you, so we'd like you to leave so he can play. You think you could also go to the team he just came from too? He's too good for them, but you're not!" Nothing against Liverpool, but imagine if that was you.

Yeah absolutely, I think that's why we've been clear in that Sanchez isn't part of the Suarez deal (at least officially). It could go either way, it'll come down to how much pressure Barca put on Sanchez, and how receptive he is to that pressure.

sohois

This is the third season in a row with a transfer battle between Arsenal and Liverpool - has everyone forgotten the Sahin loan so quickly?

I do believe that was the notoriously shit sport.es, was it not? And they were pretty much the only one, seems any other story to that effect has just been requotes of the sport.es original story. As you are doing

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm honestly more shocked that it was such a shit car.
LOL he fucking totalled his Porsche, I don't think he deserves a nicer car :lol

caceres02-1772--640x450.jpg

Tim Schafer 'costume' for Halloween. Please Wilbz, you simply have to do it.

Wilbur I'm willing to PAY to see this

name your price

you can't say Vidal you muppet

FuturusX

Barca are crazy to sell Sanchez really. He's perhaps not as reliable a finisher as you might want but has bags of skill and when he's on he's on.

Suarez on the other hand well...he's Suarez so I can see why they would want him all round better finisher. So perhaps I can see the logic. But no way they sell one without gaining the other.

Walshy

Any deal on Suarez for Barcelona will involve Sanchez. Barcelona are not dumb, they won't want to pay the valuation of £80m for Suarez and they know that Sanchez going the other way is the sweetner for any sort of deal below the valuation. Whether Sanchez wants to come to Liverpool is anotner matter, a lot of mixed reports but apparently Liverpool have been in talk with his agents and had no sort of indication that he is against the move. I think he probably prefers Arsenal but ever so slightly, definintely a deal to be done there.

Although Ian Ayre is in charge of transfers, so I'm not entirely confident.

In other news, we have signed a former Spurs player called Kevin Stewart on a two year deal. He's 20 and apparently a defender.

Feorax

I understand that completely, but it's a dilemma;

- If Sanchez signs for Arsenal, that makes the Suarez deal extremely difficult, because I don't think there are any other players we want as a makeweight, and Barca are never going to agree to the full release clause.

- If Barca can't get Suarez, it's then a massive risk to sell Sanchez, since they may not be able to replace him, adequately.

- But if they keep him, they're stuck with a player they've just tried to get rid of, who really doesn't have much to prove in the way of his quality.

- All whilst a transfer ban looms.

I can't remember the last time Barca lacked so much control over matters when conducting a transfer.

Any deal on Suarez for Barcelona will involve Sanchez. Barcelona are not dumb, they won't want to pay the valuation of £80m for Suarez and they know that Sanchez going the other way is the sweetner for any sort of deal below the valuation. Whether Sanchez wants to come to Liverpool is anotner matter, a lot of mixed reports but apparently Liverpool have been in talk with his agents and had no sort of indication that he is against the move. I think he probably prefers Arsenal but ever so slightly, definintely a deal to be done there.

Although Ian Ayre is in charge of transfers, so I'm not entirely confident.

In other news, we have signed a former Spurs player called Kevin Stewart on a two year deal. He's 20 and apparently a defender.
They might be the most dumb club in the world when it comes to transfers.

omgkitty

I understand that completely, but it's a dilemma;

- If Sanchez signs for Arsenal, that makes the Suarez deal extremely difficult, because I don't think there are any other players we want as a makeweight, and Barca are never going to agree to the full release clause.

- If Barca can't get Suarez, it's then a massive risk to sell Sanchez, since they may not be able to replace him, adequately.

- But if they keep him, they're stuck with a player they've just tried to get rid of, who really doesn't have much to prove in the way of his quality.

- All whilst a transfer ban looms.

I can't remember the last time Barca lacked so much control over matters when conducting a transfer.

Well it looks like Barca also want Cuadrado, who I believe they can get cheaper than Sanchez, so I think they're already ready to lose Sanchez. In the end, I think they'll get Suarez regardless. They'll drag that shit out as long as they have to, and will do what it takes. We've seen this shit before. They don't play nice when it comes to a player they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom