• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I wasn't too keen on it before but I really hope we sign Mutch. Didn't realise he was so young and was easily Cardiff's best attacking player last season... though admittedly they were awful. Much better than spunking £8m on fucking Snodgrass!

Yeah I like Mutch a lot

XCjrmkw.png

4U12WO7.jpg

omgkitty

Why are Arsenal fans so insistent on selling our players?

Why not keep Cazorla and sign Griezmann?

This is the attitude that leads to 9 years of shit and a squad with no depth.

I'm just saying, if he wants to leave and we can make more than we paid for him, why not cash in? I'm not saying we sell just to sell, but if it came down to it, I'd be okay if that happened.

Walshy

They might be the most dumb club in the world when it comes to transfers.
That's true. They have a horrific record with transfers from Ibra to Henrique to the Neymar fiasco. They have been lucky they have such a good academy.

I guess a smart club with transfers would never try and get rid of Sanchez in the first place.

Gambit

just watching a repeat of the old Simpsons X-Files episode on TV.

It's still so good. Man, I miss Mulder and Scully. The Smoking Man!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Chelsea eyeing more strikers or are they going to stick with Torres and Costa? Cant imagine Lukaku will stay.

Chelsea eyeing more strikers or are they going to stick with Torres and Costa? Cant imagine Lukaku will stay.

Ba has apparently been told (and is willing) to stay and I would imagine the club doing anything it can to get rid of Torres. Chelsea are certainly not just going to sell Lukaku for whatever price though, so could see him being forced to have a proper season at Chelsea, where he would be second choice, especially if Torres is loaned out or even sold. It's too early to ask for miracles though.

Meier

I forgot their correct names and hoped some of you US guys already heard of it :lol

Cincinnati something and La Roca from Utah or something I think.

Haha, okay, well -- that explains why we weren't familiar with it. These are probably either club teams or maybe developmental academies. Zelalem played for a club team (Olney Rangers) when Arsenal signed him, so it could prove beneficial. There's kids playing all over the country so it doesn't hurt to spot em young.

Have you heard what's going on at Salisbury City? Their owner is mad or a crook, or both.

http://salisburycity-fc.co.uk/maintenance/statement-1st-june/
http://salisburycity-fc.co.uk/maintenance/new-post-title/

The negotiations, which are documented were conducted through Touzar’s Dubai mobile via the social network site WhatsApp. As you can imagine these negotiations were tiresome and prolonged and extremely painful at times dealing with a man who appears to live on an entirely different planet to the rest of us.

wait wat

WHO CONDUCTS NEGOTIATIONS THROUGH WHATSAPP?! Next up it will be revealed Fabregas accepted Chelsea's offer through a game of Uno on xbox live.

Lightning

Banned
Wayne Veysey up to his usual talking shit again. Twat.

He'll get my hopes up. Sanchez is the perfect signing! Ornstein confirms Campbell will be Arsenal this season which is great, he is reliable with our info.

Gambit

Me too!

Dat boredom when there's no WC :lol

yea, it's very strange. I thought I'd be happy to take a break from all the football, but nope. But one can always count on Pro7 to reliably show two episodes of the Simpsons any given day.

BTW: Has anyone seen A Million Ways to Die in the West? Two friends of mine are going and I am debating whether I should come along. Is it better than staying home at least?

yea, it's very strange. I thought I'd be happy to take a break from all the football, but nope. But one can always count on Pro7 to reliably show two episodes of the Simpsons any given day.

BTW: Has anyone seen that A Million Ways to Die in the West? Two friends of mine are going and I am debating whether I should come along. Is it better than staying home at least?
If you like Seth's style of comedy then you might like it. I haven't seen it, but don't really like him lol

There's no way we offered 28m for him. We're still poor right?

17m now, 11 in installments. That's plausible, those 11m (paritally) come from the Kakà wage, and we usually have around 15m to spend every summer.

But yeah, now way we'll ever offer that much money in one single offer without installments. Not with Berlusconi.

omgkitty

He'll get my hopes up. Sanchez is the perfect signing! Ornstein confirms Campbell will be Arsenal this season which is great, he is reliable with our info.

Isn't Veysey the same guy who basically said Draxler was a done deal?

wedward

Jeremy Wilson has a story in the Telegraph about Sanchez. Says we are trying to derail Liverpool.

An initial bid of around £22 million is understood to have been made but Arsenal have the funds to go higher and are actively trying to prevent Sánchez being used in a makeweight for Luis Suárez’s proposed move from Liverpool to Barcelona.

Although it might suit both Liverpool and Barcelona for Sánchez to be part of the Suárez deal, Arsenal know that the final decision is ultimately likely to rest with the player. Despite Liverpool’s Premier League title push, Arsenal will hope that their consistent participation in the Champions League and their superior financial strength will help persuade Sánchez that they represent a better long-term option.

They will also stress the opportunity to play alongside some of the most creative players in the Premier League, including Mesut Özil, Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott.

The sense in Spain is that his initial preference would be Arsenal, a scenario that would leave Liverpool needing to decide whether they would be willing to sell Suárez for a straight cash fee. They would also then be well aware of the indirect impact of helping Arsenal to sign Sánchez.

Nobody knows what is going on.

Herr K

Banned
17m now, 11 in installments. That's plausible, those 11m (paritally) come from the Kakà wage, and we usually have around 15m to spend every summer.

But yeah, now way we'll ever offer that much money in one single offer without installments. Not with Berlusconi.

I thought HV wanted 25, and Juve offered 23. Juve may offer CL football, but we have Barbara. Ask Pato about that.

omgkitty

Jeremy Wilson has a story in the Telegraph about Sanchez. Says we are trying to derail Liverpool.

Nobody knows what is going on.

Jeremy Wilson is much more reputable than Veysey. Whereas I think Ornstein tends to tweet only when something is for certain, Wilson is much more likely to give out stuff as it goes along. I can't really think of a time when he was just way off the mark. If he's saying we've made a bid, I believe him.

Ingeniero

WoodenLung said:
WHO CONDUCTS NEGOTIATIONS THROUGH WHATSAPP?! Next up it will be revealed Fabregas accepted Chelsea's offer through a game of Uno on xbox live.

LOL, tbh whatsapp is a valid way of communication that's leaves a written record.
A phone call is not enough I guess and if distances are too big....

Meier

Alexis cost €37.5m after add-ons which is just under £30m. Let's say maybe half of those clauses have been met (conservative), it'd still be £26m. Alexis has become a bigger name since the initial move and is still 25. If anyone spends less than £35m and gets him, it's a bargain.

Croyles

Transfer fees and the whole transfer market in general has just become absolutely ridiculous. The inflation is happening so quick at this rate there will be a football crash in under 5 years.

I thought HV wanted 25, and Juve offered 23. Juve may offer CL football, but we have Barbara. Ask Pato about that.

Initially they wanted 25m, but today it seems like they want to start an international bidding war, so they might ask for something more.

Although, Galliani might just offer that much because there are 11m/28m in installments, which means that Verona won't see that money in a year or two. This way, they'll get even more of what they want, just a little late.

L1NETT

Transfer fees and the whole transfer market in general has just become absolutely ridiculous. The inflation is happening so quick at this rate there will be a football crash in under 5 years.

European Super League man. Only way this circus will keep going

I know I'm right

Probably not

wedward

I don't think he's a hack. He's clearly got sources in the club. He doesn't get everything right, but he's much better than a lot of others.

I don't think he does. He usually just regurgitates things others have said.

Hardly ever breaks anything Arsenal related.

Take that story for example. Says absolutely nothing new. Everything in it has been said by other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom