• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

HISTORY%20WORLD%20CUP%20BALLS%203.jpg

1970 GOAT.

2002 to 2010 were such shit. That 2002 ball is UGLY. I think this years is really great. My favorite is 1998.

Croyles

Love the Tango Espana

I imagine they were having a 4 year long bender, alcohol, coke, bitches etc and a day before the final designs were supposed to be sent in someone came up with that brilliant idea.

European Super League man. Only way this circus will keep going

I know I'm right

Probably not

Whether or not it could/would happen. Would anyone prefer a Super League to the Champions League?

Barzul

Wilson, John Cross, Veysey are all hacks. Veysey is actually more believable than that lot because at least he gets injury news right. The only reputable source is BBC journos (like Ornstein) and some insiders (every club has one). The rest are just making shit up to get website hits or towing the clubs line. Even papers like The Guardian and The Times that try to give the air of trustworthiness get so much stuff wrong it's ridiculous. A rumor is only true or likely to be true when it comes from multiple different sources at the same time like when we bid for Suarez or Man United with the Shaw transfer.

Edit: DiMarzio is also a pretty good source, well he's shown it this summer.

wedward

Wilson, John Cross, Veysey are all hacks. Veysey is actually more believable than that lot because at least he gets injury news right. The only reputable source is BBC journos (like Ornstein) and some insiders (every club has one). The rest are just making shit up to get website hits or towing the clubs line. Even papers like The Guardian and The Times that try to give the air of trustworthiness get so much stuff wrong it's ridiculous. A rumor is only true or likely to be true when it comes from multiple different sources at the same time like when we bid for Suarez or Man United with the Shaw transfer.

Edit: DiMarzio is also a pretty good source, well he's shown it this summer.

DiMarzio just said we bid 32 million euros.

Says Sanchez prefers Arsenal.

Lets muppet.

TeddyBoy

European Super League man. Only way this circus will keep going

I know I'm right

Probably not

It'll happen sooner rather than later. I'm curious to see what happens at the Qatar World Cup if they move it to winter, will clubs just refuse FIFA and keep their players?

If they did refuse, they could choose to exit UEFA and form their own footballing system. FIFA would have to comply and accept this new body otherwise they'll be obsolete as well. It'll be interesting to watch from afar.

Whether or not it could/would happen. Would anyone prefer a Super League to the Champions League?

I don't think they'd give us a choice, clubs would do it for more money.

wedward

He did? Then we probably really have bid. Barca accepting is a different issue.

Mercato internazionale, trattative che si accendono. A Londra, Liverpool e Barcellona si sono incontrate: sul tavolo, le questioni legate ad Alexis Sanchez e Luis Suarez. Ai blaugrana piace l’attaccante dell’Uruguay, al Liverpool il cileno che, però, in Inghilterra preferisce l’Arsenal, che ha già messo sul piatto 32 milioni di euro per l’attaccante ex Udinese. Sanchez e Suarez, fra Spagna ed Inghilterra. Il mercato si accende…

Damnit, I'm gonna get sacked at my team on FM because they are bleeding money. I'm on a winning streak but they want money and I can't sell anyone, since almost everyone on my team is bad. FFS.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is it strange to choose Arsenal over Liverpool? I legitimately dont know, perhaps not having Suarez will be a factor to players.

Wilbur

Banned
Damnit, I'm gonna get sacked at my team on FM because they are bleeding money. I'm on a winning streak but they want money and I can't sell anyone, since almost everyone on my team is bad. FFS.

Release everyone in your youth team or reserves, free up some wages m8

omgkitty

Is it strange to choose Arsenal over Liverpool? I legitimately dont know, perhaps not having Suarez will be a factor to players.

I mean they're losing their best player, and up until this past year, they've been very underwhelming for several years. I'd say Arsenal probably looks like a more stable environment at the moment.

Mastadon

Banned
No. Good reasons to chose either club.

Yep, think Hitcher had a good breakdown of some of the pros and cons of each club. London is far more attractive, and Arsenal have been in the CL consistently. Could go either way, so not getting my hopes up at this point.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I don't see why it would be strange at all.

I didnt mean it in an offensive way, I was posing a question rather than insinuating,, maybe a poor choice of words. The reason I ask is that Liverpool have such momentum after last year.

I didnt mean it in an offensive way, I was posing a question rather than insinuating,, maybe a poor choice of words. The reason I ask is that Liverpool have such momentum after last year.

7th to 2nd isn't really traditional momentum though. Plenty of reason to be sceptical as to whether last season was a one-off, especially since we seem to be in the midst of something of a squad overhaul

7th to 2nd isn't really traditional momentum though. Plenty of reason to be sceptical as to whether last season was a one-off, especially since we seem to be in the midst of something of a squad overhaul

shame that overhaul doesnt seem to cover RB, I dont think Johnson is good enough or that Flanagan could last a whole season

Mr Cola

It was more than 7th to 2nd I feel, it was tremendous progress and a few small fuck ups that cost you a title that no-one would have begrudged (Though a few would have hated :3). But I see your point, man any other player than the jackal you have and next season would be as bright as this one.

Nocerino loaned out to Torino. You're welcome Timu.

The only thing I remember of him for West Ham is coming on against us, and me thinking in th back of my mind 'our chances of winning have just increased' and then being petrified of him scoring or helping them beat us in some other way :p

The only thing I remember of him for West Ham is coming on against us, and me thinking in th back of my mind 'our chances of winning have just increased' and then being petrified of him scoring or helping them beat us in some other way :p

I don't think he even remembers being loaned to West Ham.

Dead men have poor memory retention.

Only Zlatan can bring him back to life.

PSG pls

omgkitty

I have a friend who thought Nocerino was the greatest thing ever and then all of a sudden "Nocerino is shit!"

L1NETT

Burnley sign Matt Gilks............

So far, they have signed him and Kightly, and have tried to (and failed) to get Bryson and Deeney

Good luck with that Dyche you clueless fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom