• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

I still think we will try and get Remy, but aside from that I don't know who is available that is going to instantly improve us.

I think we will see a front two of Sanchez and Theo or possible Sanchez and Giroud. I think Sanchez will have a pretty free role.
Not a fan of Giroud. I'd go with:

----------------- Campbell ---------------

--- Sanchez ------------------ Theo ---

---------------------- Ozil ------------------

---------- Ramsey --- Flamini/DM ------

-------------------- Back 4 ---------------

We have Giroud. Campbell gonna get his chance to show us what he can do and a returning Walcott can also play there. Think we're good there now.

I've got faith in Campbell.
Not a fan of Giroud. Though I think Campbell looks good and will suit Arsenal and their style of play.

omgkitty

Jackson Martinez?

We'll see I guess. Don't think anyone knows what Wenger is planning. Lots of reports that he wants to use Sanchez as a striker, but they said the same thing about Draxula. I have my doubts about it.

Well Martinez has been saying he's an Arsenal fan and that there are "talks." Who knows. Sounds like Aurier; wants us more than we want him. Really do think we need an out and out striker, and I'm not sure who that's going to be.

wedward

Not a fan of Giroud. I'd go with:

----------------- Campbell ---------------

--- Sanchez ------------------ Theo ---

---------------------- Ozil ------------------

---------- Ramsey --- Flamini/DM ------

-------------------- Back 4 ---------------

Not a fan of Giroud. Though I think Campbell looks good and will suit Arsenal and their style of play.

It's going to be interesting to see how he does in training. I hope we at least give him a season. Worried Wenger is going to sell him and then he is going to be great somewhere else.

omgkitty

I'd take Lukaku, but Mou probably will sell him to a non-pl team.

Benteke I am unsure of. If the price is right maybe

I'd totally take Lukaku or Benteke. Two good strikers who have a lot of room to grow and would offer something different to Giroud. Also think they'd be okay splitting time with Giroud and wouldn't expect to start every game.

Yen

Can't find my 3DS, haven't seen it in about a week
Xlz1iA4.png

I'd totally take Lukaku or Benteke. Two good strikers who have a lot of room to grow and would offer something different to Giroud. Also think they'd be okay splitting time with Giroud and wouldn't expect to start every game.

Benteke maybe but lukaku? No. You only have to see his temper tantrum for being subbed at the World Cup to see he doesn't have the right attitude. Not to mention all the stupid comments about loan to Everton after he went.

He was the first to stick the knife into avb iirc, but I can't blame him for that.

omgkitty

Benteke maybe but lukaku? No. You only have to see his temper tantrum for being subbed at the World Cup to see he doesn't have the right attitude. Not to mention all the stupid comments about loan to Everton after he went.

He was the first to stick the knife into avb iirc, but I can't blame him for that.

I didn't see that. Oh well Chelsea would never sell him to us anyways. With Benteke having been out and not having had the greatest season, I think we could get him for a decent price, maybe the 15 to 20m range.

Blablurn

Pep AND Thiago returning to Barca.

Put your hands out of your pants and stop dreaming!!!

Sill crazy that Pepe decided to take over Bayern.

But I can't get rid of the feeling that it's just a project for him.

I wish he would see more in us. But maybe that's just me. I guess it's also part of the culture/language problem.

I think he's still holding back a little (which is of course a problem of the language).

YET. His German is pretty, pretty awesome. Some people live in Germany for 30 years and don't speak half as good as he does lol.

Arnie

There's a woman preaching on this bus. It's 7:22am. I'm beyond tired.

Seconds away from fucking biting the bint.

Where's your god now.

fuenf

Vidal, fuenf. Vidal.

we will never pay 50-60m for a player who screwed us over. Javi can do the defensive part, wie need creativity, we need an x-factor!

Is it too early to be Hojbjergs breakout year?

it'll take until 2016 before he has a chance at the Ballon d'Or, but him winning Buli player of the year, golden boot and Champions League midfielder of the year should be reasonable.

Blablurn

we will never pay 50-60m for a player who screwed us over. Javi can do the defensive part, wie need creativity, we need an x-factor!

it'll take until 2016 before he has a chance at the Ballon d'Or, but him winning Buli player of the year, golden boot and Champions League midfielder of the year should be reasonable.

:lol

Let's hope so.

I'm still not THAT motivated yet. I would like us to buy another huge player. Something that sets me on fire again. Some creativity. I also lost faith in Ribery. He's broken. He won't come back. One good defender would be great as well. But I can see how we're trying to make Badstuber a thing again. Stahp Bayern. Don't make Badstuber a thing.

Anyway. Let's see what happens.

fuenf

:lol

Let's hope so.

I'm still not THAT motivated yet. I would like us to buy another huge player. Something that sets me on fire again. Some creativity. I also lost faith in Ribery. He's broken. He won't come back. One good defender would be great as well. But I can see how we're trying to make Badstuber a thing again. Stahp Bayern. Don't make Badstuber a thing.

Anyway. Let's see what happens.

that's why I'm in love with World Cup football. The quality of play is way lower but it's pure. Every player, every team, every staff member is going all out and they look like they've ran 3 marathons after a game. It brilliantly captures the essence of football, something I've badly needed after last years Bayern games.

Kinda like that Captain Tsubasa final vs Germany, where he's depressed before he realizes the meaning of Roberto's words that football is fun and that he should simply enjoy it. ;)

I dunno if a transfer would hype me up, I agree that Ribery is most likely done. Dunno if Cuadrado would be enough... a defender is just boring and James? Before the WC I didnt even know he existed (only heard of his transfer to Monaco).

Blablurn

that's why I'm in love with World Cup football. The quality of play is way lower but it's pure. Every player, every team, every staff member is going all out and they look like they've ran 3 marathons after a game. It brilliantly captures the essence of football, something I've badly needed after last years Bayern games.

Kinda like that Captain Tsubasa final vs Germany, where he's depressed before he realizes the meaning of Roberto's words that football is fun and that he should simply enjoy it. ;)

I dunno if a transfer would hype me up, I agree that Ribery is most likely done. Dunno if Cuadrado would be enough... a defender is just boring and James? Before the WC I didnt even know he existed (only heard of his transfer to Monaco).

lol. I love how you quote Captain Tsubasa <3 Maybe I'll try to see it that way.

in other news: bayern fans voted robben as player of the season

UxCFAzG.png

Blablurn

Cuadrado and James seem like good players but lets face it. They don't fit to Bayern. They seem more like La Liga players lol. I'm already surprised that the Spanish players worked at Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom