• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Cuadrado and James seem like good players but lets face it. They don't fit to Bayern. They seem more like La Liga players lol. I'm already surprised that the Spanish players worked at Bayern.

Because Bundeslolga is no match for EPL and la liga :/
I hope Kroos leaves for Real and we get Reus soon. The midfield is perfectly fit with Schweini, Thiago, Götze, Müller, Hojbjerg and Martinez. We have to get Cuadrado and Reus.

spidye

Cuadrado and James seem like good players but lets face it. They don't fit to Bayern. They seem more like La Liga players lol. I'm already surprised that the Spanish players worked at Bayern.

where are the cuadrado and james rumors coming from?

Jack cw

I want Reus. He would fit 100% into our team.
tumblr_n7qqqrQzqt1t083oqo1_250.gif

Gambit

:lol

Let's hope so.

I'm still not THAT motivated yet. I would like us to buy another huge player. Something that sets me on fire again. Some creativity. I also lost faith in Ribery. He's broken. He won't come back. One good defender would be great as well. But I can see how we're trying to make Badstuber a thing again. Stahp Bayern. Don't make Badstuber a thing.

Anyway. Let's see what happens.

to be honest, I've lost faith in Ribery as well. I really hope he will prove us wrong, but am doubtful.

that's why I'm in love with World Cup football. The quality of play is way lower but it's pure. Every player, every team, every staff member is going all out and they look like they've ran 3 marathons after a game. It brilliantly captures the essence of football, something I've badly needed after last years Bayern games.

Kinda like that Captain Tsubasa final vs Germany, where he's depressed before he realizes the meaning of Roberto's words that football is fun and that he should simply enjoy it. ;)

I dunno if a transfer would hype me up, I agree that Ribery is most likely done. Dunno if Cuadrado would be enough... a defender is just boring and James? Before the WC I didnt even know he existed (only heard of his transfer to Monaco).

From time to time I have to remind myself we signed Lewandowski. We've known it for so long that it almost doesn't count anymore, but he will be a huge upgrade over Mandzukic.

But you are both right, it feels like Bayern is geting worse. The ones staying are a year older, some we are selling, but don't seem to buy any new ones.

We desperately need a Dante replacement, too.

Because Bundeslolga is no match fpr EPL and la liga :/
I hope Kroos leaves for Real and we get Reus soon. The midfield is perfectly fit with Schweini, Thiago, Götze, Müller, Hojbjerg and Martinez. We have to get Cuadrado and Reus.

Personally, I am hoping for Draxler still. He had a bad season, but I still think he has what it takes. Let's leave Reus to the Zecken.

I guess we have to embrace our Thiago-Götze future.

Lewandowski
Robben - Thiago - Götze - Müller.

...I could live with that.

Blablurn

Ribery refused an offer from the French football association to watch the quarter final on Friday. Apparently because he's on vacation with his family. Franck pls.

fuenf

Because Bundeslolga is no match for EPL and la liga :/

We will never get Reus, Dortmund would never sell them to us and he doesn't seem like a player that would betray them. Nerlinger just fucked upped in 2012.

to be honest, I've lost faith in Ribery as well. I really hope he will prove us wrong, but am doubtful.

From time to time I have to remind myself we signed Lewandowski. We've known it for so long that it almost doesn't count anymore, but he will be a huge upgrade over Mandzukic.

But you are both right, it feels like Bayern is geting worse. The ones staying are a year older, some we are selling, but don't seem to buy any new ones.

We desperately need a Dante replacement, too.

Personally, I am hoping for Draxler still. He had a bad season, but I still think he has what it takes. Let's leave Reus to the Zecken.

I guess we have to embrace our Thiago-Götze future.

Lewandowski
Robben - Thiago - Götze - Müller.

...I could live with that.

Yeah I too think that Draxler is probably the best and most realistic option for us. I always have to remind myself that he's only 20 (21)years old, feels like he's been around for ages. To me, Draxler always looked like the CR7 to Götze's Messi (lol).

What frustrates me is that I have no idea which players fit Bayern, because I don't know what our identity really is. Are we really going for the Barcelona without Messi style now? Or will we revert back to the Heynckes days? I think, partly I was far more excited about the DFB-Pokal win than I had any right to be, because the team once again had put winning above all else and just played the game of football the best they could. Without any underlying philosophy.

What's even worse is that everybody around us seems to improve massively.

Blablurn

We will never get Reus, Dortmund would never sell them to us and he doesn't seem like a player that would betray them. Nerlinger just fucked upped in 2012.

Yeah I too think that Draxler is probably the best and most realistic option for us. I always have to remind myself that he's only 20 (21)years old, feels like he's been around for ages. To me, Draxler always looked like the CR7 to Götze's Messi (lol).

What frustrates me is that I have no idea which players fit Bayern, because I don't know what our identity really is. Are we really going for the Barcelona without Messi style now? Or will we revert back to the Heynckes days? I think, partly I was far more excited about the DFB-Pokal win than I had any right to be, because the team once again had put winning above all else and just played the game of football the best they could. Without any underlying philosophy.

I totally agree what you said about the DFB Pokal Finale. But let's face it. Pep won't do that again. I'm afraid we'll stick to the possession play.

I've been watching some beautiful Arsenal videos on youtube this morning:

Cesc fabregas & Arsenal F.C " the love story "
Francesc Fabregas - "Arsenal Hero"- Turn Around [HD]
Cesc Fabregas - El lider del Arsenal
Cesc Fabregas - Heart of Arsenal
Cesc Fabregas - I'm Coming Home

Great stuff.

Also: https://twitter.com/paddypower

Paddy Power @paddypower · 10m

Guillem Balague is on SSN discusssing the Suarez deal. Just let me take my notepad out, write down what he says, then wipe my arse with it.

Gambit

Tha's what irritates me the most. I thought Bayern had finally realised that you need at least one (great) new player per season to shake things up. Lewa doesn't count, as he is replacing Mandzu. So basically all we did this transfer season is lose Kroos, and probably Shaquiri. Where's the next Thiago for us?

And funny you say that about Draxler, his gait has always reminded me of Ronaldo as well. Also he looks much more athletic than Götze. Still, I am hopeful Götze's second season (in the middle?) will be his breakthrough. Almost everyone at Bayern needs one season to acclimate (based Martinez excluded).

Personally, my hope is for Pep to develop a new system, fit to the squad he has. Or go for Barca 08-09.

pulga

Banned
BayernGAF crying about not getting any new superstar transfer

The fuck do you think Lewandowski is you mugs. ArsenalGAF is counting pennies to try to sign Remy or some other shitecunt and you guys have Roberto Lewandowski

Blablurn

The fuck do you think Lewandowski is you mugs. ArsenalGAF is counting pennies to try to sign Remy or some other shitecunt and you guys have Roberto Lewandowski

As Gambit said. Since January 2013 we knew that he was coming. Does not feel new and fresh anymore.

Gambit

He's old news. Also, as if any Real fan would take solace in what Arsenal is doing.

I want a defender and someone for the midfield.

Hojberg and Green still need time, after all.

Gambit

YEAH BOUGHT HE HASNT EVEN PUT YOUR SHIRT ON LOLOLOLO

You guys are mental.

Kroos hasn't put on your shirt either and you are already pairing him up with Vidal.

Let us have our fun.

But seriously, Lewa will be huge for us, I am sure. I predict 30 goals in the Bundesliga.

Also, I haven't been playing Mario Kart since the World Cup started. Let's do that again some time.

fuenf

YEAH BOUGHT HE HASNT EVEN PUT YOUR SHIRT ON LOLOLOLO

You guys are mental.

Normally I would agree with you, but with Pep as coach, it is hard to get excited about signing a striker. For all we know he might end up playing leftwing or rot on the bench.

can't wait to see him score 4 against Real.

pulga

Banned
Normally I would agree with you, but with Pep as coach, it is hard to get excited about signing a striker. For all we know he might end up playing leftwing or rot on the bench.

can't wait to see him score 4 against Real.

I cant wait to see Kroos score a thunderbastard at Allianz Arena and slide in the direction of the Bayern ultras pls understand

L1NETT

Leeds are fucking hilarious

(from the Guardian)

Cellino axes Paddy Kenny from Leeds over date of birth

Cellino is so suspicious of the number 17 that he had the seats at his former club, Cagliari, taken out and replaced with 16B.

Now he has instructed the new Leeds head coach, Dave Hockaday, not to select Paddy Kenny after discovering that the goalkeeper’s birthday is on 17 May and concluding that he is bad luck for the Championship club

THIS FUCKING CLUB

Ricky-Gervais-and-Stephen-Merchant-Laughing-at-Karl-Pilkington.gif

Manager

Leeds are fucking hilarious

(from the Guardian)

THIS FUCKING CLUB

Ricky-Gervais-and-Stephen-Merchant-Laughing-at-Karl-Pilkington.gif

That's not all:
No hot food or laundry service! Leeds United players shocked by cost-saving measures as club prepares for new season
Training-ground source tells Sportsmail morale in the squad is 'low'
Youth-team players are sent out to get sandwiches
Laundry service has been axed

Leeds United are preparing to enter into the new season with morale at rock bottom.
The club’s players returned to their Thorp Arch training ground last week only to be shocked by the cost-saving measures brought in by new owner Massimo Cellino.
The kitchen which used to lay on breakfast and a hot lunch for the squad after training is now closed and youth-team players have been sent out to bring in sandwiches.

The laundry service which provides the players with their daily training kit is also gone.
And a training-ground source told Sportsmail: ‘It’s ridiculous. It’s all the players can talk about.
‘There is no hot food for the lads and the younger boys have been going out to get sandwiches.
‘The players wouldn’t mind even if they had to pay a few quid for some hot food after training and in the morning but there is nothing at all.
‘Then there is the laundry situation – there aren’t even any underpants for the lads to train in.
‘The message from the club seems to be “like it or lump it” and it’s fair to say that morale in the squad is pretty low right now.’
It all made for a troubled atmosphere in which new head coach Dave Hockaday met his players for the first time.
But the ex-Forest Green Rovers boss – a surprise appointment two weeks ago – is fully signed up to Cellino’s austerity measures.

Star striker Ross McCormack is on the verge of a move to Fulham, although their £7m valuation is short of the £10m Cellino is demanding.
Goalkeeper Paddy Kenny – who reported back for training looking decidedly out of shape – is also on his way out of the club.
Our source added: ‘It’s probably going to get worse before it ever gets better.
‘The players are expecting more to leave and they’re not sure about a lot of the foreign names which have been mentioned with regards coming in.
‘The lads were also surprised about the new coach and most of them had never heard of him.’
A squad of 20 players are currently at a training camp in Santa Cristina in northern Italy.
They kick off their Championship campaign with a trip to Millwall on August 9 but bookmakers price them at just 7/2 to be relegated come the end of the season.

/Dailymail

Why is Neymar's price relevant to Suarez?

Barca corruptly spent a bomb on potential, potential which he didn't come close to fulfilling last season. Now they're spending a bomb on a player in his prime, world class already, 3rd best player in the world. Obviously there'll always be that cloud hanging over his head that he could be seconds away from getting himself banned again, but that's just a caveat you have to accept if you want his quality in the team.

If either of them is overpriced, it's Neymar, and if Suarez is overpriced, it's because they overpaid for Neymar and continued with the other megaclubs to drive transfer fees through the roof. This is the bed they helped to make.

Suarez will win them the league as well, even if that money would obviously be better spent on 2 centrebacks and a rightback.

Why is Neymar's price relevant to Suarez?

Barca corruptly spent a bomb on potential, potential which he didn't come close to fulfilling last season. Now they're spending a bomb on a player in his prime, world class already, 3rd best player in the world. Obviously there'll always be that cloud hanging over his head that he could be seconds away from getting himself banned again, but that's just a caveat you have to accept if you want his quality in the team.

If either of them is overpriced, it's Neymar, and if Suarez is overpriced, it's because they overpaid for Neymar and continued with the other megaclubs to drive transfer fees through the roof. This is the bed they helped to make.

Suarez will win them the league as well, even if that money would obviously be better spent on 2 centrebacks and a rightback.

because if we cant get sanchez, we get neymar :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom