• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

You could put that in a gif surely?

ibps46JEw9RBhI.png

Juicy Bob

Why is Neymar's price relevant to Suarez?

Barca corruptly spent a bomb on potential, potential which he didn't come close to fulfilling last season. Now they're spending a bomb on a player in his prime, world class already, 3rd best player in the world. Obviously there'll always be that cloud hanging over his head that he could be seconds away from getting himself banned again, but that's just a caveat you have to accept if you want his quality in the team.

If either of them is overpriced, it's Neymar, and if Suarez is overpriced, it's because they overpaid for Neymar and continued with the other megaclubs to drive transfer fees through the roof. This is the bed they helped to make.

Suarez will win them the league as well, even if that money would obviously be better spent on 2 centrebacks and a rightback.
At what point do transfer fees become too excessive?

Things are already beyond ridiculous already – Bale being a prime example – but if the megaclubs keep paying increasingly obscene amounts of money for players and pushing transfer fees higher and higher in the process, the bubble is going to burst at some point, surely?

At what point do transfer fees become too excessive?

Things are already beyond ridiculous already – Bale being a prime example – but if the megaclubs keep paying increasingly obscene amounts of money for players and pushing transfer fees higher and higher in the process, the bubble is going to burst at some point, surely?

Think UEFA will have to cap it soon tbh. When they do that though, there'll be clubs complaining that their players who were basically liquidable assets worth £60m, are suddenly only worth the amount of money relative to the new cap.

Maybe cap it at £80m, and lower the cap season-on-season to maintain balance and stability.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Season 2 of Inkmasters is rough, everyone is shit D:

The judges have 6 people left and have spent 5 minutes calling them all terrible.

Goat Show

Mastadon

Banned
The rise in transfer fees is hardly surprising against a backdrop of increased money available from TV deals and competition participation. The bubble bursting in this situation will be that clubs will eventually refuse to pay the amounts of money being quoted. The selling club then can choose to keep the player, or reduce the fee being quoted.

The rise in transfer fees is hardly surprising against a backdrop of increased money available from TV deals and competition participation. The bubble bursting in this situation will be that clubs will eventually refuse to pay the amounts of money being quoted. The selling club then can choose to keep the player, or reduce the fee being quoted.

We're a long way off an illiquid market.

LegoArmo

Suarez probably earned Liverpool close to £100m after last season, that's how much he was worth to them.

Not the clubs or players fault that there's that much money in football, I guess.

Suarez probably earned Liverpool close to £100m after last season, that's how much he was worth to them.

Not the clubs or players fault that there's that much money in football, I guess.

We've paid our share of horrendously inflated transfer fees ourselves tbf, particularly on English-tax :p

Feorax

I wonder why we're taking so long to unveil Emre Can?

Maybe he wants a certain squad number and we need to finalise a sale for a player on the way out? Similarly, I imagine Lambert would want 9, so we're waiting to bin Aspas before he says which number he's going for.

Elchele

He's old news. Also, as if any Real fan would take solace in what Arsenal is doing.

I want a defender and someone for the midfield.

Hojberg and Green still need time, after all.

Højbjerg is ready (at least for Bundesliga). There's no stoping that train

I cant wait to see Kroos score a thunderbastard at Allianz Arena and slide in the direction of the Bayern ultras pls understand

can't wait to see Kroos joining Neverkusen in a year

I have no idea who this Iturbe guy is.

you're english. your football ignorance is expected.

pulga

Banned
I liked MoS. Just wished theyd cut out all that bullshit on Krypton, or at least make it shorter. Takes waaaay too long to get to Clark.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Napoli can't afford Sandro or Lucas Leiva and have now turned to Javi Garcia. How much would City sell him for? £10m?

Carbonox

Only things I liked about Man of Steel was Henry Cavill, the mindless over the top action and fucking Faora. hnnngh.

Might watch it again soon actually. Rest of the film is pretty bleh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom