• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Might be dc-ing here but this is the kind of World Cup analysis I've been waiting for:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_spot...deep_analysis_of_how_soccer_players_fold.html

GIF11.gif

This being the one year anniversary of Ryan Davis's death, seeing Brad here on their live stream is both sad and alarming. I mean, Jesus Christ guy, put the DOTA down and get a hold of yourself.

Mentioning it in the GB thread gets all of their fucking cult jumping on you :lol

@L1NETT, YES MOYES

Remaster with a fully-functioning online mode. Fucking bought.

3Sixty

This being the one year anniversary of Ryan Davis's death, seeing Brad here on their live stream is both sad and alarming. I mean, Jesus Christ guy, put the DOTA down and get a hold of yourself.

I haven't really watch much GB stuff for 18 months or so now but caught some E3 coverage and god damn he let himself go.

Crysis - great shooter

Timesplitters - merely alright

NOPE

It's a long time since I've played timesplitters, but it didn't offer much to me back then. I remember a fairly linear (which I do not necessarily find bad) campaign, that wasn't very entertaining. Really it was just corridors upon corridor wasn't it? Coupled with multiplayer was hardly playable due to a terrible controller for shooters. Controllers themselves are bad enough, but a fucking PS2 controller? Hell naw m8 I do remember it having a nice level creator though.

Crysis on the other hand offered enough freedom for me to play it the way I wanted, it was good fun taking down enemy posts and such. I really did enjoy it. Crysis 2 and 3 just became progressively worse though.

The Club World Cup is a season-disrupting waste of time that nobody really cares about, since everyone knows that the top 25 teams in the world all play in Europe anyway

pulga

Banned
The Club World Cup is a season-disrupting waste of time that nobody really cares about, since everyone knows that the top 25 teams in the world all play in Europe anyway

I just want the badge m8, looks awesome on the shirt.

edit: that and dat decima patch hhhnggggggggggg i cant wait

Graham Hunter on Ander Herrera.

This summer I got the tip-off call while trying to negotiate no excess baggage charges for our cameraman’s huge bundle of equipment in Curitiba airport, en route to Rio. Manchester United had got their man.

Though I was asked not to bust all the details, I was told that United and Athletic had sorted out how any excess tax would be paid on the buy-out clause move for Ander Herrera, that funds had been switched between bank accounts and that a programme of press releases had been agreed between the two clubs and intermediaries.

Athletic would speak first. There was a flutter of understandably misjudged media speculation when they announced that they’d turned down a bid from United. Instead of this meaning that the move, which I had written would happen, was off, it was a message from Athletic to their members: the player was wrenched away, against our will, at maximum price. Buy-out clause. Or else he’d not have been able to leave.

Ander then gave his first MUTV interview, willing to show off his English right away, and devoured the tour of Carrington – buzzing from an immediate introduction to Sir Bobby Charlton.

A number of years of scouting had come to fruition: first by Sir Alex Ferguson’s team, then by those working for David Moyes, and finally with Louis van Gaal’s express approval.

These constitute the interesting points. Transfers like this are immensely complex, involving negotiations comparable in size to those around the purchase of a major building or a corporate takeover. It’s not for the unwary or the inexperienced and it was a pending task for a man like Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, to complete effectively and efficiently. This he has done.

Secondly, I’m not as interested in the player United have bought – anyone who has paid attention to Spanish football over the last five years should know Ander’s talents and personality inside out – as I am in the player he may become. There is something special in this footballer: brains, organisation, technique and a will to win. I don’t think he hit a plateau at Athletic but now, just short of his 25th birthday, is the time for a growth spurt in his career.

Louis van Gaal is more than capable of teaching him new things, squeezing the absolute maximum out of his talent and making him a winner. Let Ander be himself, let him have time to adapt and grow, as David De Gea was given, and let him become the player he threatens to be. United fans, naturally, want wins and confidence from the start. The rest of us can afford to sit back and watch the relationship between Van Gaal and Herrera and hope that the former bestows some of his greatness on the latter.

Attached here is a piece I wrote for ESPN last month, analysing how it was that this move came together and the role David Moyes and I had in saving United several million Euros. No commission, thanks.

He really is a massive twat.

L1NETT

It's a long time since I've played timesplitters, but it didn't offer much to me back then. I remember a fairly linear (which I do not necessarily find bad) campaign, that wasn't very entertaining. Really it was just corridors upon corridor wasn't it? Coupled with multiplayer was hardly playable due to a terrible controller for shooters. Controllers themselves are bad enough, but a fucking PS2 controller? Hell naw m8 I do remember it having a nice level creator though.

Who gives a fig about the SP, the MP is still the most fun I have probably had local or online. Fast, crazy and with funny characters and a cavalcade of cool weapons. If you are anti controller I can see why you might find it grating

Crysis is po faced garbage with all the depth of a piece of paper

How are Bayern fans feeling about Pep?

Because I know while they won their league convincingly, they were meh during the CL. I feel that this is the year where we'll know whether Pep still has a fucking head on his shoulders.

youth courage greatness

forged in industry

striving for glory

who comes up with this bollocks? why are Nike putting this crap on our shirts now?

Who gives a fig about the SP, the MP is still the most fun I have probably had local or online. Fast, crazy and with funny characters and a cavalcade of cool weapons. If you are anti controller I can see why you might find it grating

Crysis is po faced garbage with all the depth of a piece of paper

Yeah problem with the multiplayer shooter, especially on a console with such a bad controller for it, being that you feel like you fight more against the controller than the other people.

Crysis didn't have extreme amounts of depths and I wasn't' really looking for that either. I just liked being able to approach the fights differently in a semi open world. It was quite fun for the most part.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Should just put the non-European clubs to compete for 1 Champions spot and then watch it get kicked out in group stage.

Feorax

Mentioning it in the GB thread gets all of their fucking cult jumping on you :lol

Cult of Giantbomb is one of the worst things about gaming side.

I like GB, but there are many more interesting personalities in the gaming space I could listen to, whether I wanted to hear gaming news and opinions or just random drivel. I guess it's an emotional investment for some people though.

Also, the amount of dead air in their podcasts is fucking appalling.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'd like to thank Graham Hunter for signing Ander Herrera for United.

Not Moyes?

Moyes inevitable book will be fascinating if we win shit next year, I wonder how much he will credit himself.

Blablurn

How are Bayern fans feeling about Pep?

Because I know while they won their league convincingly, they were meh during the CL. I feel that this is the year where we'll know whether Pep still has a fucking head on his shoulders.

I'm okay with Pep. His mistake was to say that the season was over when we won the national title. Our momentum completely broke down at this point. The result were some meh results in the league (the title was already ours) and that lil slip up in madrid. But I like him. It was his first season and he won several titles already. I hope he tries to correct the mistakes he did. Bringing some more creativity would be nice. Unfortunately Thiago got injured again by the end os the season which sucked as well.

Yeah problem with the multiplayer shooter, especially on a console with such a bad controller for it, being that you feel like you fight more against the controller than the other people.

How long have you spent trying to control an FPS with a PlayStation controller? Comes natural to me, having grown up with PlayStations

How long have you spent trying to control an FPS with a PlayStation controller? Comes natural to me, having grown up with PlayStations

I played timesplitters quite a bit, as I was... Like... Ehm, 10 at the time I think, and didn't have money for many video games. Also played Bad Company 2 and Killzone 2 quite a bit on consoles, mostly multiplayer. But I don't like it, not precise enough and always in the end have to rely on aim assisting to make them decent playing. Killzone is a real example of how to fuck up an actual kind of interesting game too, but trying to chase CoD money, booh.

Elchele

nonoononoonicantnoooooo

HOW!? You're in Latin America, how is this possible?!

Argentina is kind of weird. Most 'exotic' fruits come from Brazil or Ecuador.
They have the worst ones here

Bananas are also from other countries, but they are cheap than God

I will find a job to buy all the mangos I want.

Feorax

Re Crytek, it's fairly simple. You can't keep spending tens of millions on bland, uninspiring action games and assume you'll bring in enough to stay afloat. CoD already has the monopoly on that.

Homefront announcement really didn't suggest they'd learnt their lesson, and something had to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom