• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Mandzukic to Atlético Madrid for €18M

not bad

iLJce4nCSQ1me.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
United confident about bringing in two or three more players.

Nice.

Ive genuinely not been this excited about United in a while now, man this season cant come soon enough.

3Sixty

Pledge £25 Limited (11553 left of 12200)
Your Virtual Square Metre of Academy Training Pitch

Virtually own a unique piece of the new Academy Training pitches. We’ll send you a digital certificate authenticating your virtual ownership of a unique square metre of one of the training pitches

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

PLS REVIVE ME

Gambit

hehe I know what you mean, I must confess (don't laugh footyGAF) but in December of 2012 I joined P90X-GAF ;) It was absolutely awesome and I get exactly what you mean, I have a hard time motivating myself to go to a gym but if I don't have to leave my flat? Yeah I'm in.

I did the 90days but when my started working my job I didnt have much time for it anymore. Nevertheless I in December of 2013 I once again started doing push ups, various P90X routines (without the 90 day workout plan) and havent looked back since. Added running in April and mountain biking in May. I love to finally feel fit... (I was never overweight, I actually have a really hard time putting on any weight or muscles but that's exactly why I needed to get my ass of the couch and start working out).

I had never heard of that program before. Sounds quite interesting, though. Being able to do the regular work-outs at home is the most important thing for me. It removes one essential barrier that keeps me from working out. Furthermore, it's working like a gateway drug. Went hiking in the mountains the other day (which I hadn't done for a long time) and will probably spend a week hiking in South Tyrol this summer.

The reason I started it all is because writing my theses and now my dissertation means that I spend all my time sitting. It hurts my back and my knees and I decided something needs to be done about it.

How are Bayern fans feeling about Pep?

Because I know while they won their league convincingly, they were meh during the CL. I feel that this is the year where we'll know whether Pep still has a fucking head on his shoulders.

You basically described it quite well. I like him and can understand that it was difficult following the club's most successful year ever. As many other Bayern fans, I would have been happy with another year under Heynckes (with his brand of football), but realise they only had the chance to sign Pep in this particular moment.

I like some of his decisions, didn't like others, but realised with the DFB-Pokal final that I am ready to see where he takes us. In many ways the game felt like his first real Bayern-game and this season will be where he truly shows himself.

One thing he has already proven, imo, is that he can actually make players better. Kroos has developed a lot under him, Lahm has done very well in a new position, and Robben has had the best year of his whole career (catapulting himself into the world's top 3 players).

confuziz

Banned
Why would anyone in there right minds become a Vegan?

You only have 1 life

We are supposed to eat animals

We are supposed to eat eggs, milk

why

(there is a Vegan OT thread now)

You only have 1 life

why

One of my friends is a vegan.

She lives a peculiar life when it comes to food.

But fair enough, good luck to her and all vegans.

You only have 1 life

why

Why would anyone in their right minds give a fuck about what other people eat? As long as they are not in your dumpsters, pamperchu style, looking for used diaper leftovers to use as nutella on their bread, who cares?

TeddyBoy

RAWK mods/teacher's pets trying to convince people that Bertrand could be a Sturridge-type player for us, as they do when they know in their heart of hearts that we should be looking at better.

Not this time, RAWK.

The lad's shit.

He's been pretty average and it's an odd signing by us considering we finally have Champions League football. I'm putting my trust in Rodgers that he can get the best out of him since he has worked with Bertrand before.

If he doesn't have a MotM performance on his debut RAWK will eat him alive :(

Liverpool should go for Alex Sandro. He looked like he was an entire left-flank in the group stages for Porto. Good height, physique, and so positive both on and off the ball. Brazilian international too.

You'll probably end up paying what Sevilla want for Moreno though, assuming Suarez is sold.

And a TimeSplitters 2 remake (or, dream scenario, the MC Collection treatment) needs to be a thing.

confuziz

Banned
In other news, it seems Holland has become the new Germany. When looking at goals scored in the worldcup (starting 1974) we have scored nearly as many goals as germany in the last 15 minutes of a game.

(West)Germany : 27
Holland : 24
Italy : 19
Argentina : 19
Brazil : 18
Spain : 17
France : 13
England : 10
Portugal : 10

we're actually just fake germans it seems.

He's been pretty average and it's an odd signing by us considering we finally have Champions League football. I'm putting my trust in Rodgers that he can get the best out of him since he has worked with Bertrand before.

If he doesn't have a MotM performance on his debut RAWK will eat him alive :(

The thing is, Sturridge and Coutinho are the primary examples of players B-Rod has redeemed, but they always had huge potential when they were youngsters. Bertrand on the other hand has always been rank average as far as I'm aware, at his best a dependable defender, like Flanagan but prone to be mediocre.

1) If your only strength is being solid in defense, you have to show it almost every game
2) I really would like one of our fullbacks to be attacking, and unless we drop Flanagan to the bench or don't play Bertran, that won't happen

If he's being bought along with another leftback I can accept that, especially since Johnson and Flanagan can play LB if he turns out to be utterly rancid. If he's first-choice leftback, I'll just have to have faith in Rodgers, and that's what it would be. Pure faith based on nothing but hope.

TeddyBoy

The thing is, Sturridge and Coutinho are the primary examples of players B-Rod has redeemed, but they always had huge potential when they were youngsters. Bertrand on the other hand has always been rank average as far as I'm aware, at his best a dependable defender, like Flanagan but prone to be mediocre.

1) If your only strength is being solid in defense, you have to show it almost every game
2) I really would like one of our fullbacks to be attacking, and unless we drop Flanagan to the bench or don't play Bertran, that won't happen

If he's being bought along with another leftback I can accept that, especially since Johnson and Flanagan can play LB if he turns out to be utterly rancid. If he's first-choice leftback, I'll just have to have faith in Rodgers, and that's what it would be. Pure faith based on nothing but hope.

I agree with everything you said, I'm blinding trusting Rodgers that Bertrand is the right man for us. At least if we signed a left back we could play Flanagan at right back more :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom