• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Parolo to Lazio is done. Fuck off Parolo
thanks for everything

Berardi on loan to Parma confirmed

moon_face_16196_16197_bonnies_boardwalk_originals_markley_440.jpg

WJD

iPhone 6 looks really nice, might have to give O2 refresh a whirl.

edit: ffs Arnold I swear my last 16 posts have been directly after yours

FootballFan

The Club World Cup is a season-disrupting waste of time that nobody really cares about, since everyone knows that the top 25 teams in the world all play in Europe anyway

Say that in the world cup thread..

Seriously you have no idea how serious some south American fans and teams take that tournament.

Some use it as proof south American leagues are stronger than europe since they've won the cwc more.

Some of their clubs prepare for literally months for the tournament lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Berlusconi “Other than Italy, I lost during the World Cup,” is reported to have said. “I was about to sell Balotelli to an English team for millions." “But after this World Cup who will buy him anymore?”

xccirX5.gif

xccirX5.gif

xccirX5.gif

what minute? aint watching all that pls

Most of it.

Yen

Arsenal believe they can beat Liverpool in race to sign Barcelona and Chile forward Alexis Sánchez

Arsenal are growing increasingly confident of fending off interest from Liverpool in Barcelona’s Alexis Sánchez, despite representatives of the Chilean striker holding talks on Thursday with the Anfield club about his role in a possible part-exchange deal involving Luis Suárez.
Arsenal are understood to have a deal agreed in principle with Sánchez. Although Barcelona are eager for him to move to Liverpool to speed up the Suárez negotiations, there is no guarantee Sánchez will agree to such a switch as he considers his options.
Sánchez could be trying to play Liverpool and Arsenal off against one another but, as of Thursday night, the sense in Spain was still that he favours a move to London.
A fee would also have to be agreed with Barcelona and, having bid an initial £22 million, Arsenal are likely to have to increase their offer to beyond £25m. They certainly have the means to do that, with manager Arsène Wenger sitting on a transfer budget of around £100m.
Sánchez’s decision is now the only obstacle to a deal for Suárez being concluded relatively quickly. Even if Liverpool cannot secure the Chile star, who is on holiday, they are confident they will receive the full sale clause – a fee above £70m – for Suárez. Barcelona indicated in negotiations on Wednesday they were prepared to accept Liverpool’s position and activate Suárez’s exit clause.
What needs to be established is the terms of payment, with Liverpool eager for most of the cash up front.
If Sánchez is more interested in a move elsewhere, Liverpool will hope for a swift response from his representatives so they can switch to alternative targets once Suárez has gone.
In the past 24 hours, fears of prolonged negotiation for Suárez have receded following “productive” talks between the Liverpool and the Nou Camp hierarchy and there is even a chance Suárez will leave on warm terms with the Merseyside club.
Meanwhile, away from their most high-profile targets, Arsenal and Liverpool have moved to strengthen their squads.
Wenger has made inquiries about Newcastle’s Mathieu Debuchy, who is keeping their former right-back, Bacary Sagna, out of the France team. A fee still has to be agreed, although the difference between Arsenal’s valuation of £10m and the £12m asking price of Newcastle does not appear insurmountable.

Good point:
Simon ‏@PhantomGoal
FSG made their money by knowing when to take risks, and when not to. Suarez is seemingly no longer a risk worth taking.

FootballFan

Can Suarez just fuck off.

Jesus christ. What a stupid as fuck signing(holy shit, if true etc).

I wouldn't even make the signing for that price on fifa.

WJD

At least by the looks of things the Suarez saga might be over relatively quickly, don't think I could stand it dragging out throughout the window.

scently

Madrid turned down a 40 million Euro bid for Khedira last year, silly Madrid.

I believe they would have sold him if we had bid earlier in the window. At the time we did bid, the window was about to close so they wouldn't have had any opportunity to bring in a replacement for the type of player he is. Thank God we bid so late.

Elchele

"We had a brief chat. But I think there will be an even more intensive exchange when we all meet up on 9 July." –Sebastian Rode on Guardiola

looooooooooool

looks like he doesn't know anything about pep

------Suarez
Iniesta--Messi----Nerman
-----fucking--shit---------
-Some-More-Shit-Here

This is their plan.

I just watched Mulholland Drive for the first time.

wut

FootballFan

------Suarez
Iniesta--Messi----Nerman
-----fucking--shit---------
-Some-More-Shit-Here

This is their plan.

I just watched Mulholland Drive for the first time.

wut

4-3-3 will always be the formation.

I am so pissed off at this Suarez crap.

Why sign such a cunt, for such a high price, at his age, with his baggage of bs bans, when you are in desperate need for defenders.

Fu

Ck

In

He

Ll

FootballFan

Genuinely forgot about Busquets. Pls ignore the "fucking."

Don't blame you, our management forgets about defensive minded players all the time.

The only reason we even signed 2 keepers is because Pinto is finished and Valdes is leaving.

Also, lightning is correct, alba is good, really good. Yes, defensively especially.

Everyone else back there is shit.

Yen

Be funny if Barca's ban was upheld and they are stuck with Pique, Mascherano, Bartra and a deader-than-dead Puyol for 2 years

4-3-3 will always be the formation.

I am so pissed off at this Suarez crap.

Why sign such a cunt, for such a high price, at his age, with his baggage of bs bans, when you are in desperate need for defenders.

Fu

Ck

In

He

Ll

Could have gotten Garay for 6 million. #basedGazprom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom