• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Loool can't wait for Barca to pull the old JWH

"Well these contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. 35m Arsene? Soz Brendan."

Fry

We can't sign Sanchez so no one else can?

Sounds smart, but when you really think about it its fucking stupid.

L1NETT

If Liverpool have the right targets lined up then I don't think 20m this way or that makes a massive difference

If they spurs if though and buy overweight overpaid idiots they are in trouble

Don't think they will

Brendan has Wisdom, in more ways than one

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't that why Liverpool are settling for less? They look like they are desperate to sell him after the incident at the WC.

They're certainly selling him. But Barca are not going to pull out after going after him so keenly. You have to imagine if their opening offer was 60m that Liverpool could easily get it higher.

Fry

Who would we replace Suarez with?

It's a difficult task, and we are only replacing him as a player, because we can't ever replace Suarez.

Not signing Sanchez as part of a deal is not good.

If Liverpool have the right targets lined up then I don't think 20m this way or that makes a massive difference

If they spurs if though and buy overweight overpaid idiots they are in trouble

Don't think they will

Brendan has Wisdom, in more ways than one

Keep forgetting about Wisdom

Wouldn't mind keeping him around,he's probably better than Toure and Coates at CB, and better than Johnson at RB

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have reached the age where half hour of football kilsl me, god damn

jtb

Banned
Who would we replace Suarez with?

It's a difficult task, and we are only replacing him as a player, because we can't ever replace Suarez.

Not signing Sanchez as part of a deal is not good.

sturridge? play 4-2-3-1, it's the only way to win in Europe anyways

jtb

Banned
Nah but we can't sell our best player for 60m and not sign anyone.

you already signed Lambert and Lallana. I wouldn't worry about Liverpool not spending, especially with an extra 60m to play with. FSG has shown they're willing to spend. of course, there's always the risk of pulling a Levy, but I think it's easier to replace Suarez by making the other parts of the team better than overpaying for a like for like replacement (which would likely be a downgrade) for Suarez.

L1NETT

Just making sure I'm not the only one who reads something on here and assumes that it

1) exists
2) is true

:p

If we checked every fucking garbage tweet or article somebody posted there wouldn't be time left in the day to wank and eat risotto

There is a level of trust we place in you twitter vultures

It is gone now :p

Fry

you already signed Lambert and Lallana. I wouldn't worry about Liverpool not spending, especially with an extra 60m to play with. FSG has shown they're willing to spend.

You've signed Lallana, Can and Lambert for 40m (or less). Origi, Markovic and Shaqiri all might still be on. Calma.

Yeah I know, I don't want us to become City or Chelsea. I wanted Sanchez and that'd be it.

But if it's Shaqiri I'm also fine with. We just need a big time signing.

Razor554

Sanchez is #staying

Would be great, but we probably need to sell him to buy some defenders and nobody would want to buy Pedro instead

Sell Alves, Song and Alexis and buy Aurier and Benatia.

If only Mongoloid-Zubi would listen we could have treble winning squad for next season:

Ter Stegen
Aurier - Pique - Benatia - Alba
Rakitic - Busquets - Iniesta
Suarez - Messi - Neymar

Instead we probably keep Song and Alves, sign some shit defender who is worse than Mascherano and then we sit with a dry thumb up our ass when next summer comes and we are living the transfer ban

jtb

Banned
I didn't realize Soldado was already 29. thought he was a year or two younger. yeah that was a really terrible transfer...

omgkitty

Whatever happens with Sanchez, I hope we go in for Griezmann too. From all the comments I've read from Wenger from him commentating on France's matches, he really does like Griezmann. With them out, I hope we start to hear something about it soon. If his release clause is around 25m like it's been rumored, we should have no problem picking him up.

Hixx

Suarez - Messi - Neymar is some fantasy football-esque cunting shit that looks amazing on paper but won't be in practice.

Marc

60 million sounds way to low in this market, David Luiz is 2/3 the player Suarez is?

Maybe you're getting other players in the deal, imagine a crazy combo of Alves, Masch and Xavi. Can give 2 or so years to establish Liverpool as a CL team.

Hopefully find out soon.

The Sanchez not signing for other PL is dumb as fuck, ridiculous if true. Didn't spurs try that one with Bale/Ozil?

60 million sounds way to low in this market, David Luiz is 2/3 the player Suarez is?

Maybe you're getting other players in the deal, imagine a crazy combo of Alves, Masch and Xavi. Can give 2 or so years to establish Liverpool as a CL team.

Hopefully find out soon.

The Sanchez not signing for other PL is dumb as fuck, ridiculous if true. Didn't spurs try that one with Bale/Ozil?

5/6ths of a Suarez, actually

jtb

Banned
Whatever happens with Sanchez, I hope we go in for Griezmann too. From all the comments I've read from Wenger from him commentating on France's matches, he really does like Griezmann.

totally agree. doubt it'll happen but I think there are fun ways to use both of them in the same team w/ Ozil. and who knows how Walcott will be returning from injury (though I think he'll be fine).

still really need a defensive midfielder though.

omgkitty

totally agree. doubt it'll happen but I think there are fun ways to use both of them in the same team w/ Ozil. and who knows how Walcott will be returning from injury (though I think he'll be fine).

still really need a defensive midfielder though.

That too. I just think it will probably take Griezmann a little longer to adapt to the PL than it would Sanchez, plus Griezmann is still only 23. Get him in and rotating with Santi and Podolski on the left.

Has Luiz even completed his transfer yet? Did we find out if it's £40m or £50m?

Whatever money Liverpool get will be spent. Pretty sure of that. More interesting question is on who. Don't think the fee changes the market they're shopping in tbh.

Meier

What a fucking shitty game. fuck neuer fuck hummels fuck kroos fuck bla fuck germany fuck holland
What confuses me a lil bit is that I feel like you're American and just kind of randomly picked up PSG. Do you even have any actual ties to the French team? I can't really understand supporting a national team that wasn't my country or nationality.

omgkitty

Whatever money Liverpool get will be spent. Pretty sure of that. More interesting question is on who. Don't think the fee changes the market they're shopping in tbh.

You guys should buy Balotelli.

Yeah

Just means we buy 12 Bertrands instead of 16

cremino

photo-32602.jpg

And what a huge load of shit the rest of that team is. What the fuck was up with leaving our left attacking side completely empty for like 89 minutes? If you're playing Özil on the wing, who's drifting to the middle the whole time, then why the fuck do you play Höwedes on that side as well? Why would you even play Höwedes at all?

I'd love to be happy but I pretty much hate everything about this German team.

Wilbur

Banned
And what a huge load of shit the rest of that team is. What the fuck was up with leaving our left attacking side completely empty for like 89 minutes? If you're playing Özil on the wing, who's drifting to the middle the whole time, then why the fuck do you play Höwedes on that side as well? Why would you even play Höwedes at all?

Pls admit Neuer is good

omgkitty

I honestly think the team is kinda fucked up without Reus and Schmelzer. Had they both been fit, they would have played out wide with Ozil through the middle. The worst part is though, he still has players like Durm, and then Schurrle, Draxler etc who can play on that left wing. There's no reason to stick Howedes and Ozil out there just for shits and giggles.

Plasma

Banned
@XaviTorres
Hearing reports that £60m includes agreement that Sanchez is not sold to PL team

Those deals never work out, Spurs tried the same with Ozil last summer.

Someone on RAWK

'If you include his wages for a 5 year contract, you get the £80m release clause'

Because that's how it works

Always hilarious when people talk release clauses a lot of people are under the impression that you have to pay that amount if they have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom