• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
BruA7zlCUAE4Puo.jpg

awwww!

That picture makes me happy

Quite like both of them tbh

Manager

I see Scolari finally came to his senses and benched Alves.

LINE-UP: Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva (c), David Luiz, Fernandinho, Marcelo, Hulk, Paulinho, Fred, Neymar, Oscar, Maicon

Yes! Fernandinho. Not too strong last match but he'll do better now, could be nerves.

LINE-UP: Ospina, Zapata, Yepes (c), Sanchez, Armero, Gutierrez, Rodriguez, Cuadrado, Guarin, Ibarbo, Zuniga

Scum

And what a huge load of shit the rest of that team is. What the fuck was up with leaving our left attacking side completely empty for like 89 minutes? If you're playing Özil on the wing, who's drifting to the middle the whole time, then why the fuck do you play Höwedes on that side as well? Why would you even play Höwedes at all?

I'd love to be happy but I pretty much hate everything about this German team.
Can we have Hummels please? You can have Dawson as his replacement.

Manager

Yeah. Paulinho gonna have to step up his game because Carlos Sanchez has looked real good so far

Wonder if Paulinho or Fernandinho will take the DM position. Fernan played it at City but had problems with defensive positioning at times.

Whoever it is, he'll have to close down the James.

Wilbur

Banned
Wonder if Paulinho or Fernandinho will take the DM position. Fernan played it at City but had problems with defensive positioning at times.

Whoever it is, he'll have to close down the James.

Don't think either is fantastic at it. Gustavo is a big miss. Think Luiz is going to step out of defence even more than usual to close him down.

Manager

Should have started Ramires.

Paulinho seems to be Scolari's angel, he took care of the team talk before extra time in the last round. Did some hand-to-heart stuff on every player, ran around the circle of players. A leader of some kind, I guess.

Fernandinho took the very few chances he got though, Ramires didn't.

Showaddy

Don't think either is fantastic at it. Gustavo is a big miss. Think Luiz is going to step out of defence even more than usual to close him down.

Fernan will probably be given the DM role whilst Paulinho's given the box-to-box role. In reality they'll probably just both run around in circles getting in each others way.

Manager

Luiz never seemed to be the person following tactical orders, just seems to do whatever the fuck he wants.

I really hate transfer time, spend most of my free time looking at shitty football rumour sites and watching random ITK wankers on twitter spout nonsense, oh to be a gooner indeed.

Can you at least take Dawson?

If you take Schieber

I came across pictures of Khedira and his girlfriend...holy shittttttt

S
He can come to Arsenal.
She was Germany's Next Topmodel.

But because she was never really a topmodel, she's more like Germany's first supposed to be next topmodel that didn't become a topmodel.

All that aside, fuck you, Sami Khedira.
And fuck me, Lena. Pls :(

Meier

Manager

BBC North West reported that it's £60m and Sanchez

Drowning in muppetry

Ben Smith has been very up-to-date with the whole saga, maybe this was posted during the last match:
Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC · 1h
My info on Luis Suarez: What was established at meeting on Wednesday was that #FCB would meet his release clause.

To say a fee is agreed not entirely true. #LFC told Barca they will sell for release clause not for less. Barca say they will meet it

#LFC waiting to see if Alexis wants to join. Until they know, not certain how Suarez works. Looks increasingly like straight cash

Bonus:
Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC · 54m
RT @Pitacodogringo: Sao Paulo has 150km/93 miles of traffic jams as everyone tries to get home before Brazil x Colombia

jtb

Banned
personally, I'm a bit skeptical of buying a bunch of players from any one club, let alone one that finished below you. doesn't make sense to just try the same thing again. same reason why, as much as I think Di Maria and Benzema are big upgrades over our current options, I'd be hesitant about pulling the trigger on either one. let alone Khedira, who is shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom