• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kroos is quality, no doubt, but in that Heynckes system in the second season you could put any half decent CAM in the hole and he would shine like gold.

He slowed down us too much as CAM, tho. In the end, his injury helped a lot to make room for Muller as SS/CAM and he was crucial in the Barcelona matches.

You can play the hypothetical if you'd like, but the fact of the matter is that he was producing on Totti, Silva, and Rakitic levels for the 2012/13 season. You can't just hand wave it away by saying, "well, shitlords like Jan Schlaudraff could've played that role too."

I was watching the CL final against Dortmund the other day and asking out loud why Schweini had to come to the back line to collect the ball, and the answer was that Mueller can't play the link up game nearly as well as Kroos. Tactics matter.

Elchele

I was watching the CL final against Dortmund the other day and asking out loud why Schweini had to come to the back line to collect the ball, and the answer was that Mueller can't play the link up game nearly as well as Kroos. Tactics matter.

Why would the CAM in a 4-2-3-1 come down to the back line to collect the ball? wtf. That's the holding midfielders job in any case.

Tactics are hugely important, they can make an average player look world class or the other way around.

Why would the CAM in a 4-2-3-1 come down to the back line to collect the ball? wtf. That's the holding midfielders job in any case.

Tactics are hugely important, they can make an average player look world class or the other way around.

When Kroos played in front of schweini and javi, Schweini and Kroos would mix up their positioning to drag the opposing DMs away from space the other can run into. They also had great link up play that felt like a Heynckes interpretation/evolution of the Barca midfield triangle.

It was devastating and we haven't seen it since Kroos injured himself in the Juve tie.

GQman2121

Banned
Just tried to watch The Purge. Had to turn it off after twenty minutes. Interesting premise; asinine execution.

Lena Headley's black wig was also offensive.

Blablurn

Remember him?

2,w=985,c=0.bild.jpg

omgkitty

Might watch it then :3

Everyone says its a great movie. I wanna experience it!!

Yeah imagine like a cross between Bioshock and The Hunger Games. It's got this kinda weirdly victorian / steampunkish vibe to it that The Hunger Games movies do, and some of the themes of Bioshock are here too.

WJD

Christ, gutted for Neymar. Think he's a little twerp but he's been a joy to watch in a pretty joyless team this WC.

Yurt you owe Fady $1m.

oh god, Rodgers supposedly thinks Moreno is a rip off at 20mil and wants to get Betrand at 8 mil. Dear Rodgers, LB has been a long term problem for LFC dont be a cheap skate.

fuenf

Gratz Pulga, Kroos will be yours. Looks like Marca was right, currently a picture from Sueddeutsche is making the rounds on the interwebz and they are basically confirming everything Marca said (citing own sources):

• Madrid has already agreed terms with Bayern
  • Kroos and Madrid still need to iron out a few things like (image rights and bonus')
  • Pep feared that Kroos leaving in 2015 would cause too much trouble for next season, that's why they are selling him
  • Lahm -Kroos - Thiago was Pep's dream lineup in midfield and they are counting on Götze to fill they void

fuenf

I can't believe that we actually win the WC.

Can we fire Löw right now? He really doesn't deserve it.

he likes to screw up in the semis, tho. Nah let him win it, might be our best chance to get rid of him. Win the World Cup, resign and get overpayed by a desperate club (Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona) in 2015. Perfect plan.

The possibility for Hummels & Bayern winning the World Cup has to outweigh every politics involved. ;) Love how Großkreutz is joking with Neuer, Weidenfeller suddenly has become the glue guy on the bench. And can't wait for Weidenfeller's winner interview... finally I get to experience it rooting for the right team too.

The World Cup is definitely there for our taking. And I'm excited about it.

pappe

Lol.... The tears will be delicious when Messi or LVG shatters that dream in the finals. I can already picture Khedira dropping on the floor and crying like a baby.

fuenf

Lol.... The tears will be delicious when Messi or LVG shatters that dream in the finals. I can already picture Khedira dropping on the floor and crying like a baby.

I seriously don't know how I'd react to Robben scoring the game winning goal against us.
But as of today I feel like Belgium is the biggest threat to us, as dumb as it sounds but their team looks like it's constructed to beat us.

Messi you know what to do!

Linius

English papers really have no clue what to write eh. Linking our players who just singed new contracts to several EPL clubs. pls guys

Gambit

57i2ya2.png

yeah that's what I am talking about. Best ad on GAF ever.

Why don't I get ads like this?

I am feeling conflicted today.

bad about Kroos leaving (when Pep's dream formation sounds delicious)
pretty good about Germany's team

a World Cup win would alleviate the conflict considerably

The fact that Real Madrid really wants to sign Toni is fucking with my head. Why

Also, it's funny when you look at the national team. You have the Bayern players that pass around for 85 minutes without achieving anything and then you have Mats who just kills it. Imagine if Reus wasn't Neymar'd, BVB would win the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom