• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Why don't I get ads like this?

I am feeling conflicted today.

bad about Kroos leaving (when Pep's dream formation sounds delicious)
pretty good about Germany's team

a World Cup win would alleviate the conflict considerably

bought tons of shit from adidas.de guess that's why... just visit it a few times and the context based ads should notice it.

The fact that Real Madrid really wants to sign Toni is fucking with my head. Why

Also, it's funny when you look at the national team. You have the Bayern players that pass around for 85 minutes without achieving anything and then you have Mats who just kills it. Imagine if Reus wasn't Neymar'd, BVB would win the WC.

pretty much the perfect combination isnt it? best of both worlds!!!!! It's way easier to win shit when you are actually scoring goals or arent 3-0 down before the match starts. Add Reus and the universe would explode.

<3 Dortmund <3 Bayern :D

Gambit

BTW: I was really happy we had comb-over ref last night. The Spanish guy from the Brazil mach was the same idiot that handed out numerous yellows against us in 2010, right? He red-carded Klose, too. I am pretty sure that was him.

The fact that Real Madrid really wants to sign Toni is fucking with my head. Why

Also, it's funny when you look at the national team. You have the Bayern players that pass around for 85 minutes without achieving anything and then you have Mats who just kills it. Imagine if Reus wasn't Neymar'd, BVB would win the WC.

lol, so much delusion.

But ok, BVB won it for us so far. All hail BVB. If we actually win it I really don't give a shit which team gets the credit.

fuenf

Bayern indeed will win the world cup
for us

In the event Germany and Netherlands both reach the final. I just pray to god that there won't be a Robben vs Neuer penalty shootout for the decider... would be the biggest standoff in football history.

Linius

In the event Germany and Netherlands both reach the final. I just pray to god that there won't be a Robben vs Neuer penalty shootout for the decider... would be the biggest standoff in football history.

They know each other trough and trough. I guess Neuer would benefit the most in that situation since he can read Robbens body language perfectly. Or at least that's what you would expect since they train together.

fuenf

They know each other trough and trough. I guess Neuer would benefit the most in that situation since he can read Robbens body language perfectly. Or at least that's what you would expect since they train together.

still would be the cruelest thing imaginable regardless of who wins.

57i2ya2.png

yeah that's what I am talking about. Best ad on GAF ever.

Wrong.

z63cFgu.png

MPW

Toni Kroos &#9679; Complete Playmaker &#9679; 2009 - 2014 HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvseoF9eASw

not bad i guess but i heard he sucks at defending and tracking back? is that true?

only way this signing makes sense is that di maria is gone (wants to play as a winger, not as a midfielder where he played last season)

Gambit

Toni Kroos &#9679; Complete Playmaker &#9679; 2009 - 2014 HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvseoF9eASw

not bad i guess but i heard he sucks at defending and tracking back? is that true?

only way this signing makes sense is that di maria is gone (wants to play as a winger, not as a midfielder where he played last season)

not anymore. he is getting much better with it. He made the most defensive tackles in the DFP-cup final, more than Martinez.

But he is not a flashy player, which is why most people disregard him. He is like a metronome. You can pass at him from anywhere and he will control the ball and do something with it. I think having such a safety net in the team makes everyone more calm and relaxed.

Fielding Kroos automatically adds +10% possession.

Messi

Yeah I don't like one of the greatest players of this generation either. I mean it's not like he has done good things in his career. Never won anything important either.

No need to get so defensive man. I am sure he doesn't care what I think of him. You don't need to protect him.

3Sixty

not anymore. he is getting much better with it. He made the most defensive tackles in the DFP-cup final, more than Martinez.

But he is not a flashy player, which is why most people disregard him. He is like a metronome. You can pass at him from anywhere and he will control the ball and do something with it. I think having such a safety net in the team makes everyone more calm and relaxed.

Fielding Kroos automatically adds +10% possession.

So you're saying he is Tom Cleverly.

Arnie

Scran time. Then lounging on my PlayStation time. Then Belgium versus Argentina time.

After the week I've had this is heaven. Mind bending heaven.

MPW

i wonder who liverpool will buy with suarez transfer money

surprised pool is letting him go but i guess the offer is too good to pass up

can't see pool challenging to league title next season without suarez

Wilbur

Banned
Scran time. Then lounging on my PlayStation time. Then Belgium versus Argentina time.

After the week I've had this is heaven. Mind bending heaven.

Same. Last three days I've had about six hours sleep. Just lying here naked with the fan on. It's a dream.

Arnie

i wonder who liverpool will buy with suarez transfer money

surprised pool is letting him go but i guess the offer is too good to pass up

can't see pool challenging to league title next season without suarez
Can't say no to roughly £80 million for a 27 year old. And there's also an acceptance that if Barca agree to pay the valuation we can't hold him here. He has large family ties to the city and it's only right that we let him go. He's been phenomenal for us and put us in the position we're at today.

Can't see us challenging for the league either but I still think we're better than a lot of the other teams around us, just like we were last season.

Crucially we've got a manager who gets our players to grow exponentially and play with 100%. Players like Sterling, Sturridge and Henderson will hit another level next year, I have no doubts about that.

Excited to see how we spend the money as well, sports editor at The Times said yesterday that Brendan will get it all on top of what we had (which was a sizeable sum). That's why I want the deal to conclude so we can commence the blitzkrieg.

Hopefully the Suarez money lets FSG keep some money in the warchest for January/next summer if we can;t think of a way to spend it all properly this summer

bud23

He's a brilliant player though so you'll win the league.

Yes, Suárez's transfer is definitely a game changer. Barça will win La liga next season, thats for sure, and then only a few salty Madrid fans will remember the fact that Suárez Is a fucking cunt/vampire, no one else will.

We have the useless benzema, Barça have Suárez. Florentino Is a fucking idiot.

Yes, Suárez's transfer is definitely a game changer. Barça will win La liga next season, thats for sure, and then only a few salty Madrid fans will remember the fact that Suárez Is a fucking cunt/vampire, no one else will.

We have the useless benzema, Barça have Suárez. Florentino Is a fucking idiot.

Or Suarez will bite or do some shit again and won't feature for most games.

Arnie

Hopefully the Suarez money lets FSG keep some money in the warchest for January/next summer if we can;t think of a way to spend it all properly this summer
NQAT

Only thing is we know we can promise top players Champions League football now.

Without being a doom-monger, we don't know if that'll be the case in January and Summer.

Personally I have no doubts that this squad under Brendan will go out and destroy 90% of Premier League opposition.

King_Moc

Banned
NQAT

Only thing is we know we can promise top players Champions League football now.

Without being a doom-monger, we don't know if that'll be the case in January and Summer.

Personally I have no doubts that this squad under Brendan will go out and destroy 90% of Premier League opposition.

I'm still worried about only having one quality, injury prone striker. Could go horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom