• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.

Rickie isn't bad. He's not Suarez or Sturridge, though.

Better than fucking Giroud.

(I wasn't being serious with that last bit)

I wonder if Suarez bites his wife/gfs/mistresses in bed while fucking

Well, that's a question that came to my mind after your post at least

sohois

I'm still worried about only having one quality, injury prone striker. Could go horribly wrong.

Seems Borini is for sale, once he goes that would open up a spot for another striker. And when you consider that Liverpool would probably make their money back on him, that opens up even more money. I personally would actually like Balotelli.

-

People already calling La Liga for Barca? I thought we covered this with Chelsea, that's such an unlikely prediction to make at this stage. The transfer hasn't even gone through yet, let alone those of RM. And who knows what might occur with injuries and the like.

Do Lukaku and Benteke still come under young? I can't remember how old they are
Lukaku only just turned 21 so he's definitely young.

Benteke is 23. Still young I guess.

Really what I'm asking is who do we think will make up the next crop of the sought after forwards. If today's are RVP, Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez and Falcao - who's next.

Arnie

Lukaku only just turned 21 so he's definitely young.

Benteke is 23. Still young I guess.

Really what I'm asking is who do we think will make up the next crop of the sought after forwards. If today's are RVP, Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez and Falcao - who's next.
That's not really how it works.

Nobody thought Suarez was in that bracket until his first season under Rodgers, at which point he was probably 25/26.

You can't predict these explosions of talent; well, scouts can but that's why they're scouts and we aren't.

I'll just say Origi.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who are the best young strikers about right now?

Other than Origi and Jameis Wilson?

Harry 'Hurrricane' Kane, obviously.

I'm only half joking, he's going to be a very good player. Maybe not the greatest finisher but he plays like Lambert/Adebayor, always brings others into play. He's already better than Soldado.

Nobody thought Suarez was in that bracket until his first season under Rodgers, at which point he was probably 25/26.

You can't predict these explosions of talent; well, scouts can but that's why they're scouts and we aren't.

I'll just say Origi.
I know. I'm not saying they have to be teenagers. Just who's going to explode next. They could be 25 or 26. I'm open to suggestion.

Define Young?

Neymar is only 22 after all.
He's not a centre forward though.

I'll just say Origi.

What about that Barca guy who was on load at Everton?

Delefou or something?

He's not a centre forward though.

Would he fail as a CF though?

Arnie

I honestly think Lukaku.

His move to Atletico will do him wonders, if he gets it.

And, actually, is it fair to say Sturridge?

He's been fucking phenomenal for Liverpool since he arrived but has constantly lived in Suarez's shadow. With Suarez off, and a Champions League platform, I think at the age of 24 this is the year that Sturridge tells the world he's top, top class.

Provided his ankles don't snap.

Maddox

I don't know whether its been said here but on last night's anfield wrap tony barrett said origi to liverpool was done.

I honestly think Lukaku.

His move to Atletico will do him wonders, if he gets it.

And, actually, is it fair to say Sturridge?

He's been fucking phenomenal for Liverpool since he arrived but has constantly lived in Suarez's shadow. With Suarez off, and a Champions League platform, I think at the age of 24 this is the year that Sturridge tells the world he's top, top class.

Provided his ankles don't snap.

We have to see how he can perform with Suarez making those runs and pulling defenders en masse. He didn't really shine in the English setup which looked like a Liverpool setup.

sohois

It's very difficult to pick out the next great young thing with strikers.

Since goals are the be all and end all for them, they aren't really measured any other way unlike midfielders and defenders. Young players with good passing or a few good tackles here and there can be highly regarded even if they don't have much end product. With young strikers, score more than 10 goals a season and everyone would know who they are, less than that and there are hundreds of similar strikers with little way of knowing who is going to breakout.

It's where statistical analysis has a distinct advantage, because of the excellence of the current measures for strikers. ExpG(Expected goals, for example, is a very good measure of strikers regardless of good or bad seasons. I don't know of any lists, but I do recall that Harry Kane, as Usho mentioned, has extremely impressive stats in the major striking metrics even without many goals, one of the best young strikers for years even.

Walshy

Seems Borini is for sale, once he goes that would open up a spot for another striker. And when you consider that Liverpool would probably make their money back on him, that opens up even more money. I personally would actually like Balotelli.
Mario Mandžukić might be a good shout.

Consistent goal scorer and avalaible in this window.

Walshy

I agree, but I was under the impression he had already got a transfer to Wolfsburg?
I thought he was going to Atletico, but there has been talk of Lukaku going there on loan.

I would like to think we could compete with Wolfsburg and Atletico for him. Surely he is a better option than a loose cannon like Balotelli or an ageing striker like Huntelaar.

Linius

Who are the best young strikers about right now?

Other than Origi and Jameis Wilson?

qbaWPbZ.png

Yeah doesn't seem like Lukaku is going to Atletico. The rumor about loaning him to Atletico wouldn't make much sense for Chelsea either, should either use him now for the coming season or sell him, no reason to keep loaning him out until his contract runs out. Unless Lukaku agrees to a contract extension, which I see no reason for him doing though if he's just going to be loaned out again.

Yes, Suárez's transfer is definitely a game changer. Barça will win La liga next season, thats for sure, and then only a few salty Madrid fans will remember the fact that Suárez Is a fucking cunt/vampire, no one else will.

We have the useless benzema, Barça have Suárez. Florentino Is a fucking idiot.
I really don't think so.

I know some who feel the same way so I'm down for an avatar bet if Barca wins the league next season.

LegoArmo

I think Sturridge misses too many chances to be really top class, but when he's on, damn is he on.

He has that little spark of imagination that some similarly physically gifted strikers lack.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
X-ray of @neymarjr's broken vertebra. Was an inch or so away from being paralyzed & never walk again. Fique bom logo.

BrxpV9jCQAAp9LR.jpg

YIKES? That can't be right?

I know that Inter is still on transition, but i don't really understand Thohir's vision and plans for the team though, Loosen up that wallet dude!
hey at least you're spending money :(

I'd honestly pay £40m for a pair of titanium legs for Sturridge

Reckon our entire season balances on his fitness tbh, unless we sign someone better than Lambert

Shame we won't be seeing Origi from the start today, he looked a pretty accomplished player against USA for a 19 year old, except for his finishing which was dismal tbf

With France going out, I don't think Liverpool have a single representative at the World Cup now :(

edit: Keane was fucking horrible for us. Couldn't even make contact with the fucking ball, let alone miss the target

Arnie

No… it just… no
Had that lad on ignore for as long as I can remember and whenever I inadvertently see one of his posts it vindicates that decision.
I think Sturridge misses too many chances to be really top class, but when he's on, damn is he on.

He has that little spark of imagination that some similarly physically gifted strikers lack.
I'd probably agree, although I suppose that's what I'm hoping he cuts out to become a truly top, top striker as Viva was suggesting.

Saying that, he's already a 20 goal a season striker whilst missing the odd chance and with a spotty fitness record.

And do we all remember how many chances Suarez missed during his first 1.5 years at Liverpool? It was fucking mad. All of those 0-0s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom