• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wonder how much Nani is actually worth, my head says £15m, but i doubt any would take him for that in current form.

get Vidal and Sanchez, maybe Sanchez would prefer LFC if his international team mate was here too :p

ShogunDarius
Ultimate Muppet
iqvb2vt.jpg

:p

I wonder how much Nani is actually worth, my head says £15m, but i doubt any would take him for that in current form.

He's been shit for 2 years

£8m would be an acceptable price imo, if you're holding out for more than that it'll be in the hope that there's someone out there stupid enough to rate him based on his reputation rather than his present ability

@Lego, a 2L bottle of Irn Bru is worth about £800m tbf

Wilbur

Banned
If you bid 100m for anyone, you'd get him.

But you won't. And it's hard to justify spending 150 million on two midfielders innit

So if we bid enough, we'd get him. Has nothing to do with conte's wishes.

Bear in mind I don't think we're getting him at all. But if we bid what the top brass deemed acceptable, and could funnel that back into the squad, it'd be accepted. Wouldn't have to be near 100m, in theory.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

£8m would be an acceptable price imo, if you're holding out for more than that it'll be in the hope that there's someone out there stupid enough to rate him based on his reputation rather than his present ability

8m D:

You could probably buy all of our wingers for the price we paid for Fellaini

What is this life

Manager

@Lego, a 2L bottle of Irn Bru is worth about £800m tbf

"United have given Nani a new five-year deal that includes a slight wage rise from £90,000 to £95,000-a-week, while there have been lucrative bonuses added."

Wow. Just four years left!

Mr Cola

"United have given Nani a new five-year deal that includes a slight wage rise from £90,000 to £95,000-a-week, while there have been lucrative bonuses added."

Every contract we negotiate with the chaff should be heavily performance based.

How in the name of sweet fuckery did he get a payrise after 12/13?

His agent is a genius.

Jarnet87

When our options are throw massive money at Juventus in the hopes they will sell us VIdal or stick with Cleverly, Anderson, and Carrick for another season, you throw more money at it. If Vidal isnt worth 60 or 75 million pounds, then the thought of having to play another game with Cleverly is. That money can easily be recouped by getting back into Champions League.

we need improvements, even if they are overpriced. Hell Ramires from Chelsea is a massive improvement, at the least the guy can run from box to box. Khedira is better then Ando or Cleverly. If we miss out on Vidal we still need to overspend on another midfielder. We can't go another day with the same shit from the past 4 seasons.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Bear in mind I don't think we're getting him at all. But if we bid what the top brass deemed acceptable, and could funnel that back into the squad, it'd be accepted. Wouldn't have to be near 100m, in theory.
100m is not "enough"

100m is absurd.

I don't know what they have in mind. In Football Manager muppets theory, we'll sell him for Sanchez. But Sanchez is long gone.

We cant justify selling him, we have no one to buy.

Manager

How in the name of sweet fuckery did he get a payrise after 12/13?

His agent is a genius.

They demanded crazy numbers before he signed:
The Portugal winger is out of contract at the end of next season and has yet to agree a new deal with the champions-elect.

Nani’s advisers are understood to want £130,000-a-week, with United said to be unwilling to budge from his current £90,000-a-week salary.

Zabojnik

Why are we even debating numbers like 80-100M€+. We'd be fucking INSANE not to sell him at that price. I still wouldn't like it, but come on, lol.

Wilbur

Banned
Why are we even debating numbers like 80-100M€+. We'd be fucking INSANE not to sell him at that price. I still wouldn't like it, but come on, lol.

I'm not saying we'll bid that, or that you wouldn't sell.

But if what we bid was enough to turn Marotta's head, I think Conte's wishes about no one leaving wouldn't absolutely come into consideration. A £60m/€70m offer would turn heads, regardless of whether we made it or if you'd definitely accept it.

pappe

Oh come on.

Even if we bid that insane amount and Juve turn around and open negotiations there is almost 100% chance that Chelsea or someother oil club will offer equal amount and they have UCL football to boot.

Then why would Vidal agree to join us.

Mr Cola

Oh come on.

Even if we bid that insane amount and Juve turn around and open negotiations there is almost 100% chance that Chelsea or someother oil club will offer equal amount and they have UCL football to boot.

Then why would Vidal agree to join us.

Because he has a chance to work with this

lS9kVzv.png

Jarnet87

lol poor Ashley Young. He gets so much abuse. He's probably a nice lad and saw some stuff about him helping fans out. The guy is just not United quality.

pulga

Banned

Yeah well I have no desire to see my asshole pummeled by a big black man, but if he comes around with a briefcase filled to the brim of crisp 100 euro notes, I might just consider it.

Stupid logic m8

spidye

BayernGAF

why not:
- Give Kroos the money he wants
- Tell Schweine to enjoy a few years abroad
- Ship Schweine off
- Success?

Schweini is a true professional. he works his ass of when the team's struggling or playing well.
kroos however shines when the rest of the team plays well. he is definitely the most talented midfielder we ever had but his work rate is nearly özil level bad. I doubt he'll change his play style.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah well I have no desire to see my asshole pummeled by a big black man, but if he comes around with a briefcase filled to the brim of crisp 100 euro notes, I might just consider it.

Stupid logic m8

No. I said "if we bid sixty million pounds that might be enough"

Yurt said "conte doesn't want any of his players gone"

I reiterated that if we bid enough that the people above conte deemed good, then I don't think what conte wants would matter in that situation, especially if he gets a fair share of that money

It isn't stupid logic at all.

pulga

Banned
Schweini is a true professional. he works his ass of when the team's struggling or playing well.
kroos however shines when the rest of the team plays well. he is definitely the most talented midfielder we ever had but his work rate is nearly özil level bad. I doubt he'll change his play style.

Carletto will make him a GOAT.

BELIEVEEEEE

pulga

Banned

I reiterated that if we bid enough that the people above conte deemed good, then I don't think what conte wants would matter in that situation, especially if he gets a fair share of that money

100m is stupid money and even Conte would say yes at that point. Which is the same as me and the big black man. Yes I might have no desire to see my farthole bleed for a week but 100m is 100m. Stop arguing for argument's sake, we all know 100m is enough to turn ANYONES head.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

We don't know what will happen, Conte could still say no.

We did REJECT an OFFICIAL 55 million bid for him from Bayern. And that was back when we were desperately looking for a striker.

Marc

You guys are talking about Vidal for 40-60 million like that is his worth, do you actually think that?

He is 27 and done well in a league that is dire right now, seems a tad high.

Hixx

You guys are talking about Vidal for 40-60 million like that is his worth, do you actually think that?

He is one of the best midfielders in the world.

If a 25 year old prospect is worth £35m then Vidal is worth £60m no problem.

Zabojnik

I'm not saying we'll bid that, or that you wouldn't sell.

But if what we bid was enough to turn Marotta's head, I think Conte's wishes about no one leaving wouldn't absolutely come into consideration. A £60m/€70m offer would turn heads, regardless of whether we made it or if you'd definitely accept it.

Of course. Conte's only wish is to have a "better" squad next season. That's likely easier (for Marotta) to achieve if nobody leaves, which I'm sure is Conte's reasoning behind the "nobodly leaves" ultimatum. If Conte believed that selling Vidal -> Marotta uses that crazy money to buy two or three top players to replace him, then I'm sure he wouldn't be opposed. But he doesn't. Neither do I, knowing Marotta, lol. So, yeah, better to keep Vidal and try to get Marry to spend 30-40M€ on a couple of quality players.

Fact is, we rarely sell these kind of players, if ever. We sold Zidane, but it was his (fucking wife's) wish to go to Madrid. We just made the most of it. Vidal doesn't seem to be pushing for a transfer.

Wilbur

Banned

Yes.

one of them is a real bid and the other one is a goal.com exclusive

One of them is real, one of them is me talking about exchange rates. Dunno why you're getting worked up about it. I've said time and time again we aren't getting him.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not worked up about anything :lol

And yet, you're saying things like "ones a goal.com bid"

I didn't say we were going to bid £60m. You said you turned down a €55m, I said there's a difference between Euros and pounds. You reacted like I said a bid had been made.

Again, it's not happening. It's being reported in the media we're making a 40m bid. My earliest post was "that isn't enough". Don't know why we're debating it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom