• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I agree that SoS is one of the best fantasy books ever written and cover to cover with superlative plotlines but ultimately AFFC and DWD are still great books. Different, less obviously satisfying, but still wonderful reads.

Nothing will compare to SoS, so GTIYH and start seeing the rest of 'em for what they are.

I'd love to be able to wipe my memory of them and start them afresh.

Suen

GRRM ruined book three with his ridiculous epilogue.

I'm so glad that plot line is COMPLETELY cut from the TV show

that ain't no FF-Pulg fight

u lie to me BOY :mad:
It would be too many pictures to post, not going to do all that job :lol. plug and ff can summarize how they confessed to each other just a while ago.

Arnie

FF has a point.

Pulga's "I'm going to leave any second now" shtick grew very old, very quickly.

I swear he's threatened to do it on like five separate occasions.

wedward

1sFIT1O.jpg

kjJtOQ6.jpg

pLNgfUu.jpg

lolol. This is good stuff.

Linius

....you have to be kidding here m8.

Grizzly bear pls.

Mate, pls

Actually listening to Yellow House right now. They're one of my favourite bands, pls understand

Also, I should have listed Wilco for my live favourites. So good.

Whenever I see videos of Interpol performing live, they're playing at like 120% speed, Paul's voice can't handle it and the layered guitar doesn't work properly without post-effects and Paul having to multitask. Like they'd be better off just playing at normal speed, with an extra guitarist so Paul can just focus on his vocals

I mainly based that on this gig from them I saw two weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ULncFxEEg

I was all the way at the front, probably can see me at some points in the video and it was so freaking intense.

WJD

I agree that SoS is one of the best fantasy books ever written and cover to cover with superlative plotlines but ultimately AFFC and DWD are still great books. Different, less obviously satisfying, but still wonderful reads.

Nothing will compare to SoS, so GTIYH and start seeing the rest of 'em for what they are.

I'd love to be able to wipe my memory of them and start them afresh.

Completely agree on SoS and it's firmly in my top 5 of all time.

Still disagree on AFFC and found it for the most part thoroughly dull. I might be missing something that I could gain on a reread but I'm in no hurry to be doing that with my current backlog.

This PR book is gud btw

FF has a point.

Pulga's "I'm going to leave any second now" shtick grew very old, very quickly.

I swear he's threatened to do it on like five separate occasions.

It's a football gaf tradition to ask for a ban these days. He's like 1 out of 40 guys already.

King_Moc

Banned
Whenever I see videos of Interpol performing live, they're playing at like 120% speed, Paul's voice can't handle it and the layered guitar doesn't work properly without post-effects and Paul having to multitask. Like they'd be better off just playing at normal speed, with an extra guitarist so Paul can just focus on his vocals

I thought they were good at Glastonbury when I saw them. I think they probably do play a little fast though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I read some "old" news now that Sassuolo spent 4m on Peluso. How much money do they have? Sassuolo pls.

5 million actually :lol which is coincidentally the number of reds he's going to get next season.
oh fuck me

you guys should say something to stop them! It was genuinely hilarious before but now it's just plain childish. STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!
While it's basically amounted to nothing that reveal was probably the biggest "oh shit" moment in the whole series for me.

I think it was just there for the shock factor, it wasn't well thought out or anything.

OH HEY a there's a few pages left for another plot twist

spoiler
I love the BWB though, so more of them is always good <3 the guy who plays Thoros in the show is BRILLIANT

you guys should say something to stop them! It was genuinely hilarious before but now it's just plain childish. STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!

I would but as with all the greatest fights you don't interrupt... You kind of want to see if anyone of them dies, you know?

Arnie

This PR book is gud btw
I still have one in my bag from like last March.

Only read about 10 pages. You'll get a better understanding by just doing it. As long as you know the basics you'll be golden.

It's a football gaf tradition to ask for a ban these days. He's like 1 out of 40 guys already.
Aye, but he's not asking for bans.

He's threatening to ask for them, :lol

___

Get excited.

Dr's orders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LagbCkQ0kbc

CNB1W6d.png

Showaddy

Completely agree on SoS and it's firmly in my top 5 of all time.

Still disagree on AFFC and found it for the most part thoroughly dull. I might be missing something that I could gain on a reread but I'm in no hurry to be doing that with my current backlog.

This PR book is gud btw

Feast & Dance are basically just a load of filler, world building and slow development for all the shit to hit the fan in the last 2 books. Book 6 should be amazing though (if GRRM every releases it...).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOL Wooden you cunt <3

god damn

i'd rip off those piercings and ram my fully erect cock through the gaping holes

no i wouldn't. i'd take her out for dinner at an italian place
google her other pics, you'll take her out for Chinese instead

or eat it on your couch
with me
Which plotline is that? Don't watch the show

Jesus, AleFandro

The Epilogue.
Cat

the TV show is good fun.

WJD

I still have one in my bag from like last March.

Only read about 10 pages. You'll get a better understanding by just doing it. As long as you know the basics you'll be golden.

The book won't tell you, "tomorrow morning you'll be heading straight to Waterloo IMAX to watch the new Transformers with ZOO magazine"

Oh aye I'm looking forward to it, it's just nice get a broader idea of things before my interview/time with you.

Helps in reaffirming my choice in career path too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh aye I'm looking forward to it, it's just nice get a broader idea of things before my interview/time with you.

Helps in affirming my choice in career path too.

oh my, Will is meeting Arnie?

too much attractiveness in one place

Call Farhat too and the universe might explode

pulga

Banned
Guys, tell him to stop talking about me and it'd all end. I never, ever refer to him anymore as a sign of good faith, but he's just absolutely obsessed with me! What can I do? My skin crawls thinking how there's this old guy in New Zealand who just cant quit thinking about me :(

Ok so these rumours I just read

Yedlin from USA has a trial at Liverpool
Divock Origi deal for 10mil from Lille is done
Lazar Markovic deal from Benfica also done.

If these are true.... I'm gonna be happy about next season being a Liverpool fan.

For the record, i'm part of the 'sell Suarez' contingent.

Arnie

Helps in reaffirming my choice in career path too.
You won't need an interview before you start. I'll be your mentor and do a little exit interview at the end of your two weeks.

It'll be jokes. I'll try and get some decent stuff for you to do.

WJD

You won't need an interview before you start. I'll be your mentor and do a little exit interview at the end of your two weeks.

Got an interview on Wednesday for a 4 week internship m8

Need to use this new suit somewhere!

Arnie

Got an interview on Wednesday for a 4 week internship m8

Need to use this new suit somewhere!

Ah, sorry m8, thought you meant at ours.

Ooof you snazzy bastard. One day, when I win a mad accumulator or something, I'll buy a really nice suit with waistcoat and all.

I'll look like Al Capone from Boardwalk.

Wilbur

Banned

this is most unfair

I applied first. I spoke to that hot girl. I was nervous and sweaty first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom