• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any Dutch or Belgian here say something about Zakaria Bakkali? What's he like, how talented is he?
I haven't seen him play myself and I've read things like "he is super talented" from some people and "he is just an average talent who had one fluke game" from others.

Also who are the most talented young Belgian players besides the guys who played at the WC?

Januzaj

He didn't play at WC :(

3Sixty

So no Mercedes then?

Tell me your secrets. How can you know if a horse will win, it's such a mysterious gambling world to me.

Obviously there isn't an answer to that or i'd be rich as fuck.

You have to take into account alot of info, form (of horse, trainer, jockey), weight (if a handicap race), ground going, jocky/trainer strike rate, stall draw and plenty more too.

Take into account there is definitely some seedy under doings too and its tough.

Linius

Can any Dutch or Belgian here say something about Zakaria Bakkali? What's he like, how talented is he?
I haven't seen him play myself and I've read things like "he is super talented" from some people and "he is just an average talent who had one fluke game" from others.

Also who are the most talented young Belgian players besides the guys who played at the WC?

As far as I know PSV dropped him from being a starter to hardly using him at some point during the season. I've seen some good stuff from him but I don't watch too many PSV games. Confuziz probably knows more.

Linius

Obviously there isn't an answer to that or i'd be rich as fuck.

You have to take into account alot of info, form (of horse, trainer, jockey), weight (if a handicap race), ground going, jocky/trainer strike rate, stall draw and plenty more too.

Take into account there is definitely some seedy under doings too and its tough.

Sounds like a lot of work. It just seems like such a complicated world to get into. But I guess stats can tell a lot in horse racing besides the form as you mentioned. Ever considered betting on race dogs?

Spends a grand a year on gigs

Questions someone impulse buying a console

:p

Let's keep it nice here now mate. Gigs are bringing me to London soon, we can fight it out there.

WJD

Get my Uni results tomorrow and dunno how to feel. Was hoping for a 1st but think I botched one of my exams and will have to settle for something painfully close like a 68.

Can't wait, didn't get to play as much of the alpha as I wanted

Didn't play it at all so I'm excited!

Tielemans played in the CL for Anderlecht and is only 16. He's supposed to be a future star in midfield.

Chelsea's youngster Charly Musonda is highly rated, but haven't really seen him apart from the U21 final.

Wout Faes is also highly rated for a cb, but I've never seen him play.

Here's a youth scouting thread on redcafe started by a United poster (jb8521). He watches a lot of youth matches and he's one of the posters I find objective about young talent.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/youth-scouting.371995/

Saw an article saying Bebe should've been in the Portugal squad for the WC. Probably correct.

Don't think anyone can really disagree when they get over the 'Bebe :lol' reflex

I'm sure he had a better year, and is a better player, than those charlatans who did end up masquerading as professional footballers

sohois

Sounds like a lot of work. It just seems like such a complicated world to get into. But I guess stats can tell a lot in horse racing besides the form as you mentioned. Ever considered betting on race dogs?

Let's keep it nice here now mate. Gigs are bringing me to London soon, we can fight it out there.

My uncle had a few years where he tried to make a living from betting on horses. It's a lot of work, pretty much full time and of course hugely variable in incomes. He was pretty good and all, had a fair few occasions where he would pull £25000 grand in one 'session'.

Linius

If you think I'm going all the way to London just to get battered by a Dutchman, you've got another thing coming bruv

Who ya seeing there anyway?

I'm going to the Jabberwocky festival with Farid chan.

I also have two days without festival stuff in London so I wouldn't mind doing a pub meet with some London Gaffers in august if people are up for that kind of thing. And eat a meal at Nando's.

3Sixty

It's funny now because I can tell alot about a horse just by looking at very quickly, don't have to go into great depth.

Like I could say there is alot of money to be made on Johnson 2 year olds on their 2nd runs ridden by Joe Fanning this year. His 3 year olds are in great form too. I don't have to look deep into stats to know that, i just know.

Dogs are horrible. So much luck involved.

As far as I know PSV dropped him from being a starter to hardly using him at some point during the season. I've seen some good stuff from him but I don't watch too many PSV games. Confuziz probably knows more.

Dude shined against NEC (I think) with the hattrick and flashed some serious talent that game, but besides that he never added much for the squad, mostly because to me it felt that he thought he made it already. He felt like he was already too big for PSV and acted like a cunt in the contract negotiations because he wanted to move to a bigger club, which is the reason they dropped him from the first squad.

I also have two days without festival stuff in London so I wouldn't mind doing a pub meet with some London Gaffers in august if people are up for that kind of thing. And eat a meal at Nando's.

That's the one with indie nonsense punctuated by formerly-indie nonsense, right? :p

Wilbur

Banned
Get my Uni results tomorrow and dunno how to feel. Was hoping for a 1st but think I botched one of my exams and will have to settle for something painfully close like a 68.

Didn't play it at all so I'm excited!

Good luck man; I got 64.6 overall, happy with it. I'm a bit annoyed because there was a few modules that if I had bothered reading books for instead of resorting to wiki and spark notes, I would have got better marks in (I legitimately haven't read a full book since the last Harry potter come out, dat English degree)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
really? :(

but they're really expensive, it can't be bullshit, pls.

Like, £2.something per bar.

Honestly I went on a full gluten free diet for 3 weeks, went to dr and told him I was doing it and he told me to stop, he said it wouldnt help, it was mostly smoke and mirrors.

Good luck man; I got 64.6 overall, happy with it. I'm a bit annoyed because there was a few modules that if I had bothered reading books for instead of resorting to wiki and spark notes, I would have got better marks in (I legitimately haven't read a full book since the last Harry potter come out, dat English degree)

Books feel hollow since Harry Potter ended :(

Song of Ice & Fire was only truly brilliant for two books

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FF Plug meltdown in buttsapp :lol
haha what happened this time? Post pics
Honestly I went on a full gluten free diet for 3 weeks, went to dr and told him I was doing it and he told me to stop, he said it wouldnt help, it was mostly smoke and mirrors.

awww man haha

I'm not on a diet anyway, my weight is fine. But still, at least it's better than the chocolate you buy at stores right? If not, I'm going to dig up my fucking chocolate from the trash right now ;_;

MY NUTELLA

King_Moc

Banned

I'm going there. Really looking forward to Cloud Nothings after having to miss them at Primavera.

Clegg

Books feel hollow since Harry Potter ended :(

Song of Ice & Fire was only truly brilliant for two books
The third was brilliant too tbf.

Great climax point for a lot of the stuff at the Wall and with the War of the Five Kings. Books haven't been quite the same since tho.

WJD

Cheers. And nice one, that's especially decent considering the issues you had in first year (unless I'm thinking of someone else!)

I've got similar feelings on a couple of my exams; took a risk in going for depth of knowledge instead of breadth and got caught out for it. Ah well.

Suen

]haha what happened this time? Post pics[/B]

awww man haha

I'm not on a diet anyway, my weight is fine. But still, at least it's better than the chocolate you buy at stores right? If not, I'm going to dig up my fucking chocolate from the trash right now ;_;

MY NUTELLA

plug_Confession.png

talavera_ceramic_sunface_171315-24.jpg

Arnie

Destiny campaign was fun but the competitive multiplayer is ass.

Don't know if I can be arsed with the Beta, probably just wait for the final game. Would rather player TLoU again.

Showaddy

The third was brilliant too tbf.

Great climax point for a lot of the stuff at the Wall and with the War of the Five Kings. Books haven't been quite the same since tho.

Yeah GRRM completely blew his load on Book 3, genuinely one of the best fantasy books ever written but after that...

Linius

I'm going there. Really looking forward to Cloud Nothings after having to miss them at Primavera.

Yeah, you said so. Also looking forward to Cloud Nothings. I saw them a few months ago in Amsterdam and their show was rad as fuck.

Linius what dates are you here?

15/16 august is the festival, sunday 17 I got all day and monday 18 I fly back home. So yeah, for a pub meet or anything like that the sunday would be ideal.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers. And nice one, that's especially decent considering the issues you had in first year (unless I'm thinking of someone else!)

I've got similar feelings on a couple of my exams; took a risk in going for depth of knowledge instead of breadth and got caught out for it. Ah well.

Second year was my problem! Absolutely flopped two modules and had to redo them. Thankfully I liked the prospectus much more third year

FootballFan

Gigs

AC/DC | |Anastacia | Angus Stone | Anouk (5×) | Arcade Fire (2×) | ARCTIC MONKEYS (3×) | Atoms for Peace | Beach House | Beady Eye | Bettie Serveert | The Black Crowes | The Black Keys | Bon Iver | Boris | Built To Spill | CHVRCHES | Cloud Control | Cloud Nothings | Coldplay (2×) | Daryll-Ann | Dave Matthews Band | Delicate Steve | dEUS (2×) | Dinosaur Jr. | Doe Maar (2×) | Ducktails | Dream Theater | Fleet Foxes | Franz Ferdinand | Genesis | Girls | Glen Hansard | Go Back To The Zoo (2×) | Golden Earring | Gorillaz | Grizzly Bear | Howler | I Break Horses | Ilse DeLange (2×) | Islet | Jack White | De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig | John Mayer | Kaiser Chiefs | Kane (6×) | Kasabian | Keane | The Killers | The Kooks | Lenny Kravitz (2×) | Leonard Cohen | Local Natives | Manic Street Preachers | Marco Borsato (& Friends) (6×) | Miles Kane | Moke | Moss | Muse | The National | Neil Young & Crazy Horse | New Kids On The Block | Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds | Noah And The Whale | Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds | Opgezwolle | The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart | Parquet Courts | PAUL McCARTNEY | Pavement | Pearl Jam | Peter, Bjorn and John | Pixies | Placebo | RADIOHEAD | Real Estate (2×) | Red Hot Chili Peppers (2×) | Rigby (2×) | Roger Waters | Savages | Seasick Steve | The Shins | Sigur Rós | Simple Minds | The Specials | Spoon | Stereophonics | Sticks en Delic (2×) | Tame Impala | Tennis | Thee Oh Sees | U2 (2× ) | Vampire Weekend | Vanvelzen | Veronica Falls | The Walkmen | Wilco | The Wombats | The xx | Yo La Tengo | ZZ Top |

Warm Up gigs

Alberta Cross | Andy Burrows | Austra | Band of Skulls | Belakiss | The Black Box Revelation (2×) | The Bohemes | Caribou | Cheatahs | Cloud Control | The Cribs | Danananakroyd | The Deaf | De La Soul | Eagles Of Death Metal | The Electric Soft Parade | Emeli Sandé | Exlovers | Fan Death | Femi Kuti | Figurines | First Aid Kit | Holy Other | The Horse Company | Intergalactic Lovers | Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest | Lisa Loïs (2×) | Lisa Hannigan | Little Dragon | Louis XIV | Lola Kite | The Madd | Mazes | The Medics | Ms. Montreal | The Moons | Mount Kimbie | Okta Logue | OMD | Owen Pallett | Postman | Qeaux Qeaux Joans | Rats on Rafts | Rigby | Sarah Blasko | Scarlett O'Hanna | Silversun Pickups | Snow Patrol (2×) | Spectrals (2×) | De Staat | Stereo (2×) | The Strypes | This Is the Kit | Union Starr | Vanvelzen | Vetiver | Villagers | Viva Brother | Voict | White Lies | Yuck | Zo Moeilijk |

Festivals

Beatstad 2008 (Live, De Dijk, All Missing Pieces, Within Temptation, Leaf) | Beatstad 2009 (Keane, Vanvelzen, Rigby, Alain Clark, Stereo, Ms. Montreal) | Serious Talents On Tour 2011 (The Hype, The Handsome Poets, Chef's Special) | Lowlands 2011 (The Horrors, Miles Kane, dEUS, Arctic Monkeys, Young The Giant, The Handsome Poets, Seasick Steve, Selah Sue, Elbow, De Staat, The Roots, Skunk Anansie, Interpol, Beady Eye, Aphex Twin) | Pinkpop 2012 (Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band, The Cure, Moss, Anouk, Racoon, The Kyteman Orchestra, Keane, Seasick Steve, The Specials, Mumford & Sons) | Rockin' Park 2012 (Rams' Pocket Radio, De Staat, Flogging Molly, dEUS, Elbow, Snow Patrol) | Lowlands 2012 (Cloud Nothings, White Rabbits, tUnE-yArDs, The Antlers, Bloc Party, The Black Keys, Alt-J, Two Door Cinema Club, Kasabian, Triggerfinger, The Walkmen, Boy & Bear, Orgelvreten, Alborosie & Shengen Clan + Ikaya, Mark Lanegan Band, The Cribs, Wilco) | Rock en Seine 2012 (Billy Talent, The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, The Shins, Bloc Party, Placebo, Of Monsters and Men, Maxïmo Park, dEUS, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The Black Seeds, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Waterboys, Granddady, Foster the People, Dope D.O.D.) | Where the Wild Things Are 2013 (Temples, Villagers, Balthazar, Melody's Echo Chamber, Jake Bugg, Local Natives, Of Monsters and Men, Anne Soldaat, FIDLAR, I Am Kloot) | Le Guess Who? May Day 2013 (Merchandise, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Deerhunter) | Best Kept Secret 2013 (Surfer Blood, Splashh, Arctic Monkeys, Kashmir, Mozes and the First Born, Anges Obel, Balthazar, Allah-Las, Wavves, Alt-J, Temples, Mikhael Paskalev, Local Natives, Suuns, Portishead, Sigur Rós) | Rock Werchter 2013 (Palma Violets, The Black Angels, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Vampire Weekend, The National, Sigur Rós, The Bots, Two Door Cinema Club, The Hives, The Script, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Blur, The Van Jets, Graveyard, Stereophonics, Kendrick Lamar, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, James Blake, Frank Ocean, Youth Lagoon, Gogol Bordello, Band of Horses, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Depeche Mode, Editors) | TW Classic 2013 (Balthazar, Blondie, Ben Harper & Charlie Musslewhite, Santana, Keane, Bruce Spingsteen and the E-Street Band) | Lowlands 2013 (The Joy Formidable, Tame Impala, Biffy Clyro, Mikal Cronin, Mister and Mississippi, Great Minds, Mount Kimbie, Michael Kiwanuka, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Chase & Status, Editors, Jacco Gardner, NJO Reich Ensemble, Frightened Rabbit, Alabama Shakes, Franz Ferdinand, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) | Rock en Seine 2013 (Savages, Belle & Sebastian, Tame Impala, Franz Ferdinand, Hanni El Kathib, J.C. Satan, Hola A Todo El Mundo, Wavves, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix, Eels, Parquet Courts, CHVRCHES) | Le Guess Who? May Day 2014 (together PANGEA sessie, Black Lips sessie, Hiss Golden Messenger sessie, Hallo Venray, The War On Drugs, Neutral Milk Hotel) | Best Kept Secret 2014 (Cosmonauts, Peter Matthew Bauer, Midlake, Breton, Interpol, Pixies, Archie Bronson Outfit, Amatorski, Nils Frahm, Mogwai, Wild Beasts, Slowdive, Babyshambles, The War on Drugs, together PANGEA, Night Beats, Childhood, Fucked Up, Elephant Stone, The Horrors, The Notwist, Belle & Sebastian, Elbow) | Down The Rabbit Hole 2014 (De Staat, The Soft Moon, Damon Albarn, James Vincent McMorrow, Dewolff, The Veils, Electric Eye, Half Moon Run, Hallo Venray, Balthazar, Parquet Courts, The Black Keys, Taymir, Admiral Freebee, Hozier, Warpaint, Polica, MGMT, Foals) |

This is what I've seen over the years. Nick Cave, Neil Young, Radiohead, Bruce Springsteen, Portishead, Interpol, The National, Arctic Monkeys, Leonard Cohen, Atoms For Peace, Opgezwolle, Slowdive and Grizzly Bear are amongst my favourites.

and Grizzly Bear are amongst my favourites.

....you have to be kidding here m8.

Grizzly bear pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GRRM ruined book three with his ridiculous epilogue.

I'm so glad that plot line is COMPLETELY cut from the TV show

http://www.finecraftsimports.com/arts_crafts_images/talavera_ceramic_sunface_171315-24.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

that ain't no FF-Pulg fight

u lie to me BOY :@

WJD

GRRM ruined book three with his ridiculous epilogue.

I'm so glad that plot line is COMPLETELY cut from the TV show

While it's basically amounted to nothing that reveal was probably the biggest "oh shit" moment in the whole series for me.

Whenever I see videos of Interpol performing live, they're playing at like 120% speed, Paul's voice can't handle it and the layered guitar doesn't work properly without post-effects and Paul having to multitask. Like they'd be better off just playing at normal speed, with an extra guitarist so Paul can just focus on his vocals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom