• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Money will get in the way. Would rather spend Griezmann money on a top quality DM or centre back.

We would field that awesome attack and then a Kos or Merte injury will see us finish 5th.

We wont after we sign Alexis!

Sanchez, Debuchy, Schneiderlin, Keeper, CB, and telling Vermalen he ain't leaving would be a good window.

No, you won't.

Going to win the league.

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNN

Enjoy 5th.

That Ramsey photo got me thinking about the promo shots for the new gear.

Look at this sexy beast. You'd recoup any transfer fee with bookings during fashion week.

Hmmmmm, face of the club worthy, unlikely to do something stupid like bite someone and he's a CL winner. Fine, £30 million, but we won't go a penny higher.

/Ridsdale

Zabojnik

Zabo

I know

that you know

deep deep down inside your Triglav layers

that Iturbe, Morata and Evra are all not good enough, and not a big step up in any way shape or form

I'd resign on the spot if I were Conte, he's wasting his time with us. I feel sorry for him, and for Pirlo, Buffon, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio.

we should just set them all free. Open the cage

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png
a thousand times
jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

I honestly believe Iturbe could develop into a fantastic player under Conte and I think you're underrating Morata as well. Are these the players we need to win the CL? No. But apparently they're the best we can get right now, idk.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
at least we're gonna finally go for a 4-3-3 with Iturbe

but who's our left winger? Tevez? Or is it going to be a 4-3-2-1?

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png
a thousand times
jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

I honestly believe Iturbe could develop into a fantastic player under Conte and I think you're underrating Morata as well. Are these the players we need to win the CL? No. But apparently they're the best we can get right now, idk.

If we ever (we won't) going to win the CL, we're only gonna do it with Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba in our team, and they're only here for two seasons MAX. We're wasting a golden opportunity to be fucking competitive here

Marc

When you say Cosmos - You're referring to the new one? Neil Degrasse Tyson

Yeah, the new one. Carl Sagan is in half of it anyway, keep referring back to him.

Really enjoyable, a bit 'too' accessible but good for all ages I guess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know what's the top 4 going to be next season

but all I know is that I want United out of it

Hixx

We've signed Kieran Westwood from Sunderland.

Hixx?

Mixed feelings as this means Kirkland won't be renewing.

He's okay. Can pull off some stunning saves but he's very average. Doesn't really command his area, really slow distribution... not a PL keeper. He'll never really let you down but I don't think you'll get many performances where you'll end up saying "Westwood kept us in this".

Carbonox

Top 4 will be the following in any order:

Man Utd
Man City
Arsenal/Liverpool (not both)
Chelsea

u dun kno bled

Everton will have 5th/6th and Spurs will be kicking it with Burnley.

Zabojnik

at least we're gonna finally go for a 4-3-3 with Iturbe

but who's our left winger? Tevez? Or is it going to be a 4-3-2-1?

Some variant of that, probably. Tevez will play as SS on the left-ish, Evra will be used as some kind of hybrid LB/winger to help widen our attacking. I don't see many other options if we want to keep both Tevez and Llorente in our starting XI.

Tubie

Super sad about di Stefano. I somehow thought he would pull through this and be with us a few more years :(

He's soooooooo dreamy
TadkV.gif

I think I have a man crush on him.

But I don't wanna let go of di Maria.

Can we keep both?

And Pogba and Kroos too pls.

pappe

Top 4 will be

1. United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea - any1
2. United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea - any1
3. United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea - any1
4. Arsenal.

Carbonox

I bought Yedlin on FIFA cos he's a speed demon and was fun to watch at the World Cup.

Then I saw his FIFA pic.

Then I googled him to see what other funky hairstyles he had.

USATSI_7104238_167117762.jpg

ip2gAw8.gif
ip2gAw8.gif
ip2gAw8.gif
ip2gAw8.gif
ip2gAw8.gif
ip2gAw8.gif
ip2gAw8.gif

Bumhead

Banned
He's okay. Can pull off some stunning saves but he's very average. Doesn't really command his area, really slow distribution... not a PL keeper. He'll never really let you down but I don't think you'll get many performances where you'll end up saying "Westwood kept us in this".

We definitely got a few of those out of Kirkland, although at times last year we needed him to. I'm hoping we will have a competitive enough team this year that "never really let you down" will be enough.

Hoping this means the takeover has been or is close to being signed off by the FL. Doesn't seem a signing we would have made otherwise.

I think Sanchez and Debuchy are done. I've been thinking about decent 3rd choice center-back options if Vermaelen leave. I think Lovren and Sokratis is where we should be looking at .

Hixx

We definitely got a few of those out of Kirkland, although at times last year we needed him to. I'm hoping we will have a competitive enough team this year that "never really let you down" will be enough.

Hoping this means the takeover has been or is close to being signed off by the FL. Doesn't seem a signing we would have made otherwise.

Apparently he was on close to 30k a week up here, so...

Clegg

Fergie was def on 5 live earlier today. No mention on their official twitter account about new signings though. Just SAF talking about Di Stefano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom