• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

Chelsea will be the dominant force next season, I don´t understand how City are the favorites on the odds to win the Premier. I know we´re in July, but still. Mou's second seasons have always been amazing. Plus Cesc, Costa, Courtois...Mourinho will destroy to that fucking petulant dutchman.

defel

If Fergie managed to get a shitty United team to the title I wouldn't be surprised to see LvG get a (slightly less) shitty team into the top 4.

Chelsea are the only sure bet for top 4 imo

If Fergie managed to get a shitty United team to the title I wouldn't be surprised to see LvG get a (slightly less) shitty team into the top 4.

Chelsea are the only sure bet for top 4 imo

City are certainly going to end up in top 4 as well. They might only barely have won it last season, but they still got a complete and fantastic squad.

Carbonox

Can someone buy Obertan off us. I think he got his tongue stuck on a telescope at the Newcastle Astronomical Society cos he got a bit feisty over the prospect of seeing Mars again. Frankly he's a bit of a liability.

Watching that Lane Armstrong documentary from the Beeb last night. 5 mins in. What a douche. Jeez.

I think Sanchez starts off strong in the PL, probably a fair amount of goals.
Sanchez isn't that great a finisher IMO. But Özil is going to put those balls on a plate for him. Sanchez chasing after them will be different to that donkey Giroud - assuming Sanchez plays through the middle of course.

Scum

Ozil needs pacy players around him. Keep Theo fit and get Alexis in and they'll be banging 'em in. Giroud on the other hand...

I'd pound my cock into oblivion.
Might be worth the punt. Not sure if he'll be getting plenty of footy if Theo & Alexis stay fit for long periods.

3Sixty

Can someone buy Obertan off us. I think he got his tongue stuck on a telescope at the Newcastle Astronomical Society cos he got a bit feisty over the prospect of seeing Mars again. Frankly he's a bit of a liability.

Heard he got banned from Bijoux because his head was creating a gravitation pull.

I'd be absolutely delighted with Higuain, though the type of striker he is (and Cavani as well), Sturridge would have to play wide if we were to continue with 4-3-3, as we should

3Sixty

Btw can someone make me a Saints badge with a transparent background for an avatar.

As much as i like the ghetto look its starting to get on my nerves.

Blablurn

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

<3

jtb

Banned
Sturridge is good enough to lead the line, if I was Liverpool, I'd spend big on improving the supply line (and maybe getting some versatile attackers that can play along the front three) rather than buying a big money striker that'll take a season or so to bed in anyways.

EmiPrime

1. Chelsea
2. City

Remaining two spots Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool. All 3 need to strengthen this summer and for Man U it depends on how well the players take to Van Gaal's madness/genius.

Sturridge is good enough to lead the line, if I was Liverpool, I'd spend big on improving the supply line (and maybe getting some versatile attackers that can play along the front three) rather than buying a big money striker that'll take a season or so to bed in anyways.

Problem is if he gets injured, we're forced to make the Plan B into Plan A

I have complete faith in Sturridge continuing to be relentlessly bosstastic, but I don't have much faith in him not needing 2 or 3 periods of 21 days or more out of action

Lightning

Banned
I honestly think Liverpool should have gone for Fabregas instead of Lallana. That was a mistake I feel.

wedward

Problem is if he gets injured, we're forced to make the Plan B into Plan A

I have complete faith in Sturridge continuing to be relentlessly bosstastic, but I don't have much faith in him not needing 2 or 3 periods of 21 days or more out of action

Yup, with CL games also I wouldn't want to be relying on Rickie Lambert.

I honestly think Liverpool should have gone for Fabregas instead of Lallana. That was a mistake I feel.

He is a better #10 than what they currently have.

L1NETT

1. Chelsea
2. City

Remaining two spots Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool. All 3 need to strengthen this summer and for Man U it depends on how well the players take to Van Gaal's madness/genius.

Yup

I think last spot will be between United and Liverpool, depending if this Sanchez transfer goes through to Emirates and if Ramsey/Walcott stay fit the whole season

Whoever suggested Spurs for the top 4 needs to look at every pre season for the last few years or so where the wave of Spurs lunacy begins and a bunch of muppets think they can get top 4

no way do Chelsea win the league next season. I refuse to believe it.

They have a damn damn good chance

no way do Chelsea win the league next season. I refuse to believe it.

I can see them winning it at a canter, though you can't assume that it'll happen

Best keeper in the league
Best defensive unit in the league
Best DM in the league
Theoretically the best CM in the league
Best ball-carrier in the league
Best wide player in the league
Theoretically one of the best, if not the best, strikers in the league

All comes down to whether Fabregas can readjust, and whether Costa can adjust

pulga

Banned
Zabo

I know

that you know

deep deep down inside your Triglav layers

that Iturbe, Morata and Evra are all not good enough, and not a big step up in any way shape or form

I'd resign on the spot if I were Conte, he's wasting his time with us. I feel sorry for him, and for Pirlo, Buffon, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio.

we should just set them all free. Open the cage

baby didnt you hear?! we signed Adnan
Curovic
!!!11

pls be excite

also, don't forget future GOAT Kingsley Coman. Damn. What-a-name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom