• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
It was inevitable, Sanchez was a real long shot.

Be interested to see who our plan B is. I remember we scouted Griezmann a lot earlier this year, so hopefully he's one we're looking at.
Why was Sanchez a real long shot? You're only competing with Arsenal and Juventus with the added boost of Suarez.

Barzul

Br9dt7WCQAA59hv.jpg

I like it.

Scum

You really should get Caulker back, he looks pretty damn good even on that shitty Cardiff team. Don't understand why you sold him in the first place. You won't get Lukaku though sorry, for a number of reasons, like Chelsea not wanting to deal with Levy and Spurs who I highly doubt will spend as much as Chelsea will demand.

Levy. :<

About Caulker. Yeah. I'd love to have him back. Dawson's place should be the bench and Caulker would be much better. But watch him end up at QPR.

Lukaku and Ramires + £20m are headed to Juve for Pogba. Spurs for Paulinho.

Feorax

Why was Sanchez a real long shot? You're only competing with Arsenal and Juventus with the added boost of Suarez.

Because the player was putting out messages early that he didn't want to come. It was a long shot that he was only doing that for a payoff from Barca.

Zabojnik

Leali will play for Cesena on loan. First Serie A season. I'm really curious to finally see him in action. Hopefully he confirms what everybody's been saying. There's a good chance he's going to be our second keeper in 2015/2016. Either him or Scuffet. :p

Juve still owe Chelsea money for Mutu, just deduct that from the Pogba bill.

iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif

It's okay, their daughter looks fine. Except the teeth, of course.

Certainly better than the other Laudrups daughter.

7jFNngr.jpg

She tweets my parody Brøndby ex chairman twitter profile every now and then. I can never tell if she actually thinks it's real. Man it has been at least a year since I updated that one, I should go tweet something.

FuturusX

Ahh shit, only just saw Di Stefano died. :(

Another great one is gone, RIP.

On the better side of things, just finished watching Cosmos with my daughter. That end speech almost made me cry with pride, hope, excitement... every emotion going through me. My daughter just looks up at me and says she wants to go to bed. Welp, its early days yet.

Would definitely recommend to everyone to watch, seemed to be in England a lot too.

When you say Cosmos - You're referring to the new one? Neil Degrasse Tyson

Barzul

Ben Smith &#8207;@BenSmithBBC 1m
Luis Suarez to Barcelona will, as expected, be a £75m cash deal. None of #LFC spending so far dependent on his sale

Liverpool could do some serious damage in the market. That or do a Spurs.

Leali will play for Cesena on loan. First Serie A season. I'm really curious to finally see him in action. Hopefully he confirms what everybody's been saying. There's a good chance he's going to be our second keeper in 2015/2016. Either him or Scuffet. :p

http://i.minus.com/iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Don't betray Scuffet like you did Berardi. He's waiting for you.

Meier

It's really strange that Benfica's, Porto's and Sporting's shirt sponsor is the same company.

Imagine Bayern, BVB and Leverkusen all having Telekom logos.

It's been the case for many years now. It's quite strange though, I agree. I posted this a few weeks back in a thread regarding it possibly happening in the NBA:

I don't mind it and I'm surprised the American leagues haven't adopted it already, frankly. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more like Portugal though where multiple teams have the same sponsor (maybe a league-wide one in the US). The three traditional powers in Portugal all were sponsored by meo and Moche this season as well as meo and tmn (same company as meo now) for many years before that.

jtb

Banned
Liverpool could do some serious damage in the market. That or do a Spurs.

Liverpool have a much more solid spine than Spurs ever did. Spurs sold their best player two seasons in a row and constantly brought in lots of new players each season, with AVB constantly shuffling that starting lineup on top. (imo, losing Modric was a far bigger blow to Spurs than losing Bale&#8212;they never really played well under AVB with Bale but he pulled goals out of nothing, while Modric helped them play well as a team. they played some surprisingly good football under 'Arry with Modric running that midfield). I really don't think what happened to Spurs will happen to Liverpool. if Liverpool struggle next season, it'll be because they aren't used to playing 50+ games a season w/ Europe, rather than absorbing a lot of new talent.

Zabojnik

You know what, I think we could do a lot worse than Evra. Obviously I'd rather we signed someone younger, but he'll do for a season. If we're serious about switching to 433 - and it looks that we are - then having someone as experienced in that role might do us good. Can't be worse than Chiellini as LB.

Benvenuto Patrice!

Clegg

You know what, I think we could do a lot worse than Evra. Obviously I'd rather we signed someone younger, but he'll do for a season. If we're serious about switching to 433 - and it looks that we are - then having someone as experienced in that role might do us good. Can't be worse than Chiellini as LB.

Benvenuto Patrice!
Evra can't defend.

LTWheels

Nice to know that all our signings + current lined up players are not coming out of the Suarez money.

I would use the Suarez money to buy two top players. Doesn't matter if they are in positions we are already quite well stocked up on. Just see what top players are available and willing to come. Sell who ever would be pushed to the 'bottom of the pile' for that position.

Nice to know that all our signings + current lined up players are not coming out of the Suarez money.

I would use the Suarez money to buy two top players. Doesn't matter if they are in positions we are already quite well stocked up on. Just see what top players are available and willing to come. Sell who ever would be pushed to the 'bottom of the pile' for that position.

Moreno, Cavani

DONE

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Benvenuto Patrice!

Evra is literally responsible for every single goal they concede every single week

he's basically a winger, and a shit one at that.

I hope he dies before we sign him

Zabojnik

Evra is literally responsible for every single goal they concede every single week

he's basically a winger, and a shit one at that.

I hope he dies before we sign him

Iturbe, Morata, now Evra. There is a rift forming between us, Yurt. Only Wilbur cosplaying as Tim Schafer can fill it.

GQman2121

Banned
Reputation aside, anyone paying more than £10m for Ramires in an idiot

He's on a World Cup squad. Clearly he's a £20m+ player by default.

I honestly have no idea what his value in the market is to clubs aboard. Having watched him play in over 100 games I know where I value him (somewhere between £10-20m).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom