• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I think vegetation is the common factor here as I once went down on a girl who I swear had a cunt that looked like cabbage. I was in shock but tucked in anyway cos I was pissed

h e l p

I think vegetation is the common factor here as I once went down on a girl who I swear had a cunt that looked like cabbage. I was in shock but tucked in anyway cos I was pissed

me

Isn't Sturridge's PL minutes/appearances only at about 51%?

Not too confident long term.

Even when Suarez was absolutely shattered, he'd stay on the full 90 while Sturridge was often subbed off iirc. I fear that he has some real muscular problems that necessitate him coming off as a precaution. Lambert and Borini potentially for months at a time isn't enough, especially as Borini may well want out

@Willkiller, listened to that yesterday, brilliant. Gonna track down some of his podcasts

kharma45

LG Pad 8.3 looks proper naughty. Decent price at £185. It's a definite contender

Problems with iPad - iTunes, no expandable memory (I'm aware most tabs prob don't) and I guess I do prefer Android. Parents have an iPad Mini.

One of my m8s got that with his phone contract. Sleek piece of kit but how's the battery life? That was one issue that seemed to pop up when I was looking at reviews.

G Pad is the old Snapdragon 600 iirc. I wouldn't go less than the 800.

I was going to say you don't need iTunes now but it depends on how you load movies on to the thing.

Z2 is nice. Never really rated Samsung's tablets. Surface Pro 3 is lovely but quite large.

I must actually look and see what other tablets are around. The Z2 is the only Android one I've heard decent things about. Most others are pretty meh.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Stilling reading bk 2 of Storm of Swords, have about 100 pages left. It is top, there's a spell of like 6 chapters after the
Red Wedding
where bombs are being dropped left, right, and centre. But the whole book is just great even after that point too.

Well that was handing £100m to a clearly Football Manager-playing DOF and Saga Noren. We've got Ian Ayre on a Harley and Padre Pio but actually with magic hands.

-

Bet Liverpool either end up with Nike in two years, or Warrior go all out

don't knock FM mate, great way to scan for some tasty up-and-coming overseas talent:

isWbKWlGx8IeE.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
With Debuchy signed and Sanchez as good as...

What do you think is Arsenal's best XI? Some suggest Giroud still in the team with Sanchez on wing but I think Giroud should go play for the Womens team.

This is what I reckon is Arsenals strongest 11..

............... Schez
Debuchy.... Kos.... Mert... Gibbs
...Ramsey.... ...Wilshere/New DM
Walcott.... Ozil .....Carzola
.............Sanchez

I thought Cazorla was going to Atletico?

FootballFan

Haha William, that video.

One of my m8s got that with his phone contract. Sleek piece of kit but how's the battery life? That was one issue that seemed to pop up when I was looking at reviews.

Its battery life I would say is..good. I wouldn't really know what to compare it with since I've only had an iPad 2 other than this.

Highest brightness, running multiple apps/games, browsing internet simultaneously would probably last around 4 or 5~ hours. Don't quote me on that cause I never really check lol.

But the tablet itself is really good.

Expandable memory(just added a 32gb sd card), waterproof(I always dip it under water to impress the ladies), it's an android tablet, extremely thin and light, more powerful than Goku, it has front speakers(soooo many tablets don't and it's important imo), etc.

The price is the biggest negative imo.

Scum

What tablets do you guys have?
Thinking of getting the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (whatever it's called), mainly for downloading journals/public domain books/textbooks etc but fun stuff too obvs. Don't care for iPads.
An iPad mini with retina has been tempting me for a while now...

I don't understand why anyone would PAY to see another Transformers film, the first one was pretty fun, but then after that... Jesus Christ. I've only seen 1 and 2 tho, but they were enough to put me off ever seeing the films again.

Just awfully-made.
I only saw the first one. Can't be arsed with rest. I need to have an 80s/90s movies session.

FuturusX

Not that happy to be honest.

Lambert does nothing for me, neither does Lallana. Can is young and raw. Markovic is again young and unproven.

We'll have like £120 million to spend this summer when all's said and done. We've lost the third best player in the world. Right now I feel we're on course to do a Spurs (albeit not quite as bad).

I don't see us doing a Spurs - But we can't challenge for the league without Suarez that's for sure.

I like Lallana...not sure the money is right but - English player tax. I thought Divock Origi was done? None of these signings are earth shattering but they seem like solid buys.

I've gone on a major movie binge lately.

Watched No Country for Old Men, Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick, Django Unchained, Horrible Bosses, and like 20 minutes of Land of the Lost before I had to turn that shit off.

Okay, buying Gone Girl.

Any of book-gaf got any other suggestions whilst I'm lining up an Amazon order?

A couple:

Lethem - Chronic City, The Fortress of Solitude
David Foster Wallace - The Broom of the System
Thomas Pynchon - Bleeding Edge, Inherent Vice
Wallace Stegner - Angle of Repose, Crossing to Safety
Don Delillo - White Noise, Libre

Yen

This vine of Lawro making a shit pun is almost like a Limmy vine.

Its battery life I would say is..good. I wouldn't really know what to compare it with since I've only had an iPad 2 other than this.

Highest brightness, running multiple apps/games, browsing internet simultaneously would probably last around 4 or 5~ hours. Don't quote me on that cause I never really check lol.

But the tablet itself is really good.

Expandable memory(just added a 32gb sd card), waterproof(I always dip it under water to impress the ladies), it's an android tablet, extremely thin and light, more powerful than Goku, it has front speakers(soooo many tablets don't and it's important imo), etc.

The price is the biggest negative imo.

thx for the write-up. Didn't realise it was so expensive.

wedward

A couple:

Lethem - Chronic City, The Fortress of Solitude
David Foster Wallace - The Broom of the System
Thomas Pynchon - Bleeding Edge, Inherent Vice
Wallace Stegner - Angle of Repose, Crossing to Safety
Don Delillo - White Noise, Libre

Start with Crying of Lot 49.

Love White Noise.

King_Moc

Banned
I told you guys it would never stop even if Messi won the wc.

Why don't people realise you can't judge how good someone is from a random knockout match? Especially when they can't help who their countrymen are. What's Gareth Bale supposed to do? Or is he just shit because he happened to be born in Wales?

arkon

Okay, buying Gone Girl.

Any of book-gaf got any other suggestions whilst I'm lining up an Amazon order?

Try out The Nowhere Men by Michael Calvin and then get back to us. Want to know if it's worth reading. I've heard good things.

FootballFan

thx for the write-up. Didn't realise it was so expensive.

Yeah unfortunately it is. It's new...ish and really good though, I got it for cheaper due to connections with kaz hirai.

The battery life thing I'm not really sure though lol. I just use it and charge it when I need to, never really check.

Wilbur

Banned
Blade Runner is an 80s movie

Tread lightly

I've only seen half of it, watched it when I was young and never got back to it

I like some 80s stuff. Terminator is amazing. BTTF and the Indy films. The best film ever made was made in 1980. But the EIGHTIES suck. That's why all the films get remade, because they weren't good in the first place.

FootballFan

Thinking of watching Grave of the Fireflies. Haven't watched it twice, because it was too sad.

I've watched it twice. Pls kill me KidA. Why is life so cruel.

I'll get round to it one day. My watch list is extraordinarily big. I really should try and watch a film every night I'm home instead of spending hours refreshing twitter

Have you watched mad men with Yurt and Dean yet? Ffs. In the latest season Don draper has run out of socks, shits going crazy.

Grave of the Fireflies is shit. I can't believe GAF and this weeaboo I met hyped it up so much, I'm never watching anime again, it's for jerks.

Wilbur

Banned
I've watched it twice. Pls kill me KidA. Why is life so cruel.

Have you watched mad men with Yurt and Dean yet? Ffs. In the latest season Don draper has run out of socks, shits going crazy.

No, I'll get round to that too. Need to finish sopranos as well. Maybe when I'm not working as many nights

Grave of the Fireflies is shit. I can't believe GAF and this weeaboo I met hyped it up so much, I'm never watching anime again, it's for jerks.

I liked princess mononoke but I think that's the only ghibli I've seen

I don't know. Too many movies.

I've still never seen BttF. Was born in 90 though, so it's before my time.

That's the only excuse I can make for the travesty of never seeing the film.

Have you no soul!!!???

No, I'll get round to that too. Need to finish sopranos as well. Maybe when I'm not working as many nights

I liked princess mononoke but I think that's the only ghibli I've seen

I don't know. Too many movies.

You need to watch Spirited Away. Very impressive animated film. Grave of the Fireflies is also great. Most people only watch it once because of how sad it is. Wooden has no heart. Don't let him deter you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom