• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Grave of the Fireflies is shit. I can't believe GAF and this weeaboo I met hyped it up so much, I'm never watching anime again, it's for jerks.

No. It's a good film.

There is a whole lot of crap in Anime, a whole lot, but there are some great shows and movies out there.

I've still never seen BttF. Was born in 90 though, so it's before my time.

That's the only excuse I can make for the travesty of never seeing the film.

It's good and all, but as someone who also watched it way after release as I was not born at the time, it was really nothing more than just pretty good. Worth a watch for sure if you are bored though.

Have you no soul!!!???

We've been over this before, even my giraffe killing heart can't watch Hachiko A Dog's Story. It's just too sad. and thinking about the ending to six feet under. :'[

But grave of the fireflies was just bad, and for that reason didn't make me sad. I will rather watch my little sister can't be this cute 26, or whatever anime gaf is into these days.

Pennywise

I've only seen half of it, watched it when I was young and never got back to it

I like some 80s stuff. Terminator is amazing. BTTF and the Indy films. The best film ever made was made in 1980. But the EIGHTIES suck. That's why all the films get remade, because they weren't good in the first place.

They fitted into the timeframe, and people just got fucking lazy lately.
There are a dozen of awesome books/novels whatever out there, and people keep repeating the same shit over and over again.

Any young kid with respect for themselves should look at Ferris and say "I want to be as rebellious and cool as him one day". It's quite possible the best movie ever made, it defined a whole generation, gave everyone an idol to look up to, something to aspire to be.

jtb

Banned
also Robocop is THE 80s movie. that or Die Hard

Ferris is great

White Noise is one of my favorite books, great 80s book

Wilbur

Banned
The best scene is the twist and shout one. Honestly watching it I was like "fuck I wanna do exactly what I wanna do. No fear. No inhibitions. Just believe you can do whatever you fucking want."

I loved it

Robocop is poorly acted poorly written on the nose schlocky trash. Enjoyable, but nothing special. Die Hard is brilliant.

The best scene is the twist and shout one. Honestly watching it I was like "fuck I wanna do exactly what I wanna do. No fear. No inhibitions. Just believe you can do whatever you fucking want."

I loved it

Robocop is poorly acted poorly written on the nose schlocky trash. Enjoyable, but nothing special. Die Hard is brilliant.

Die Hard was my WW moment in realizing that every bad guy had Germanic roots. I've had deep connections to Germany (uncle has lived there ever since I've known him). When I was younger I fretted that maybe my family were a bunch of bad guys.

Wilbur

Banned
Die Hard was my WW moment in realizing that every bad guy had Germanic roots. I've had deep connections to Germany (uncle has lived there ever since I've known him). When I was younger I fretted that maybe my family were a bunch of bad guys.

And now they support Bayern

#BadGuys

K1LLER7

Some sites saying Di Maria to Juve and Pogba to RM. Why do they want so many central midfielders?!
Nah I think it'll be Di Maria to highest bidder. Madrid want to sell for around 40-50m

Probably to PSG although GrahamHunter has said United are interested.

Madrid will try to use the money and sign James Rodriguez. Although it'll be difficult to get Monaco to sell.

Some sites saying Di Maria to Juve and Pogba to RM. Why do they want so many central midfielders?!

Juve should do a straight up swap with Pogba for Di Maria and Morata. Then they just need to bring Verratti back to the penisula and they are good to go.
plus pick up Berardi in January

Elchele

I'm surprised Bayern agreed to sell. Surely they will sign a CM now. Didn't Guardiola really want Kroos to stay?

They posted a 'news' on the official site about Bayern withdrawing a €10M annual salary offer they made to Kroos. Looks like they had enough and Pep preferred to let him go, because he would have been benched anyway and would have disrupted the locker room.

I don't know who could we end up signing. We have Gotze and Pierre-Emile who could fill the slot left open by Kroos. But I wouldn't be surprised if we end up signing someone else, but who? Pogba?

pulga

Banned
Grave is too much. Only film (live action or otherwise) that has made me weep like a little girl. Couldn't stop thinking of my little cousin, who's like my baby sister, whilst watching it. Amazing movie.
p0QHO.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I can't think of many films that have got me emotional. They usually involve animals. The dog in I Am Legend almost made me cry despite the fact the film is shit.

Wall-E makes me want to cry. It's the most romantic film ever made. I'm being serious, when he's walking her around and holding the umbrella over her head and La Vie En Rose is playing in the background, I'm in fucking love with it.

And then the ending is so sad as well where he's all crushed and EVE is about to give up it's so sad it makes me want to crawl back into my mum and just stay there forever

Wall-E makes me want to cry. It's the most romantic film ever made. I'm being serious, when he's walking her around and holding the umbrella over her head and La Vie En Rose is playing in the background, I'm in fucking love with it.

And then the ending is so sad as well where he's all crushed and EVE is about to give up it's so sad it makes me want to crawl back into my mum and just stay there forever

not ashamed at all to say I teared up in that movie

K1LLER7

I can't think of many films that have got me emotional. They usually involve animals. The dog in I Am Legend almost made me cry despite the fact the film is shit.

Spoilers m8.

Never gotten emotional watching a film. Remember my brother getting emotional watching Titanic and Will Smith's Seven Pounds.

Wilbur

Banned
get in line, buddy.

Did you see me laughing at your mariachi moustache in the whatsapp earlier

You really think my mum will want to kiss a Mexican hobo

Shave you monster. Appear clean and groomed for my mother

Then she may want to touch parts of you

jtb

Banned
wall-e went to shit too quickly for me to feel any particular emotional reaction, same with up (but how great are those first act/10 minutes/etc).

but I love that scene in Ratatouille when Ego (with fucking Peter O'Toole's great voice work!) remembers his childhood

shit movie. Everyone that likes it doesn't deserve to watch movies.

I dunno if you're being sarcastic, but I really hope not because I don't like TS3

pulga

Banned
Did you see me laughing at your mariachi moustache in the whatsapp earlier

You really think my mum will want to kiss a Mexican hobo

Shave you monster. Appear clean and groomed for my mother

Then she may want to touch parts of you

pls i gots the whole thing now, stasche AND beard

weep, you hairless simp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom