• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
£30m for Luke Shaw would have been alright I think but £40m is just taking the piss.

On Kroos - I would have loved for us to sign him and I still don't quite believe that it was done and then LVG pulled the plug (even though more or less everyone is saying it...). But I do find something odd about how he is leaving Bayern this way. It just goes against everything that's considered the norm at that club. What is so different about him? Is it simply that he's after the money?

Mancini is serious about coaching Italy :/ ffs someone strangle him by one of his scarfs already.

I think Mancini is a good national cup manager have won it six times with his five teams so far and three runner up medals . But for some reason can't translate that success in European cups.

zbbDEM7.jpg

They dared to dream...then Gerrard happened.

gerrard-trophy.gif

L1NETT

We paid £7m for Jay Rod, a proven Championship goalscorer, 22 with sell on value.

McCormack is 28 next month.

Yeah and Rovers paid 8m for the best striker in that league the same year

The fee is pricey but if Fulham think that's the man it really isn't some sign of a transfer apocalypse

Walshy

McCormack was one of the best players in that league last year. Carried Leeds at points. Not that you watched it and I don't think Fulham really mind if you feel sorry for them

The fee is probably a bit much, but to call it putrid and then to state that 30 million for an 18 year old with only one full playign season in the PL is dandy is very odd indeed

And if just playing in the CL and playing in the WC finals automatically makes you inherently better than somebody who is a proven goalscorer in a very tough league then you can believe that if you want

Would take forty seconds to list of a host of shocking players who have been in the CL and every World Cup finals. And won some no mark league

And also this isn't some sign the transfer market is falling down around us

It's because Fulham have money to spend from freeing up wages and the crazy large parachute payments. Not lol lower league club spent some money let's all go crazy
From what little I’ve seen of the Championship last year(I watched quite a bit of the Football League show after Match of the Day), McCormack seems a standout player in that league. It’s reflected in the stats as well, no one created or scored more goals than him last season. However for £11m, which makes McCormack the 8th most expensive British forward ever despite not once making an appearance at the highest level, makes the fee seem a bit crazy.

It’s not going crazy at lower league clubs spending a lot of money, it’s just the inflation of British players is one of the main reasons why clubs go abroad to bring in players, rather than buying British players. Take Manchester City’s acquisition of Fernando Reges. Fernando will cost City about €15m. In the meantime, he’s been a standout player for a league winning and Europa League winning Porto side down the years and won every honor possible, despite what you think of the quality of that league. City was interested in Will Hughes, but did not want to pay £15m. You can get more experienced and better players in foreign leagues.

And I wouldn’t begrudge Mitrolgou of just making appearances in the Champions League and World Cup. His goals for Greece virtually got them to the finals through qualifying, and he scored and assisted consistently in the Champions League. The inflated fee was probably due to the fact Fulham needed a goalscorer in January, so Olympiakos was in the driving seat and he just signed a new contract.

£30m for Luke Shaw would have been alright I think but £40m is just taking the piss.

On Kroos - I would have loved for us to sign him and I still don't quite believe that it was done and then LVG pulled the plug (even though more or less everyone is saying it...). But I do find something odd about how he is leaving Bayern this way. It just goes against everything that's considered the norm at that club. What is so different about him? Is it simply that he's after the money?

We paid 30m pounds for Shaw though, not 40m?

As for Kroos, maybe LVG saw that he will never settle down somewhere. Dunno, it does seem strange. But 25m for him...that would have been a great get.

3Sixty

Yeah and Rovers paid 8m for the best striker in that league the same year

The fee is pricey but if Fulham think that's the man it really isn't some sign of a transfer apocalypse

I'm not saying he's not a good player. Just alot of monies and a big gamble on promotion i think. :)

--

In other transfer news Tadic nailed on to be announced today.

Fee is 12-13m Euros after we agreed to pay Groningen's share of the transfer fee.

Why would Di Maria move from a club winning the CL to...united (with all due respect)?

pls help me understand

Nobody understands why Di Maria wants to leave RM at all. Or why Madrid don't offer him some extra dough and keep him.

But United are huge, and it's not like they will stay out of CL forever.

Blablurn

Bayern didnt offer him as much money as Müller or Ribery. He wanted it though. Maybe Bayern realized that they went a lil overboard with recent wages. I think those Ribery, Robben, Lahm and Müller deals were the last big ones. At one point u need to set a limit. And they could do it with Kroos. Is he a 10m/y player? Hell no. But if Madrid pays, let him go.

Elchele

Nobody understands why Di Maria wants to leave RM at all. Or why Madrid don't offer him some extra dough and keep him.

But United are huge, and it's not like they will stay out of CL forever.

He already won everything at RM, if he feels like his starting spot is in danger then a move to a new league could make sense for him. A new challenge to get motivation from

(Welcome to Bayern)

pulga

Banned

I dunno but im loving the salt from some sectors of BayernGAF. Outta nowhere he's suddenly shit :lol

Elchele

I dunno but im loving the salt from some sectors of BayernGAF. Outta nowhere he's suddenly shit :lol

he obviously isn't shit, but he's... you'll have to see it for yourself during the season. He can be great, but most of the time he can be invisible.

Vanburencio

Neo Member
Di Maria wants a salary raise. 6 millions now, after his "great" performance at WC.

But, in fact, Di Maria doesn't deserve that money. For every good match, there is 10 matches in which you want to slap him. So is not really a loss with Isco and Kroos in the team.

I just read RM are readying a 40million bid for Verratti. I would love to see him at Juve, but I know he won't get the recognition he deserves unless he joins the RM hype express.

I'd rather throw like £18 mill. at someone like Depay instead, if you can see my somewhat roundabout logic there. Spend the excess elsewhere (Vidal and Hummels pls).
I'm not really sold on Depay but yeah I wouldn't mind.

Don't think were actually that interested in Di Maria though. Think defence and midfield will continue to be our focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom