• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Heynckes changed 5 positions after 2012 and three of them in the starting line up (Dante, Mandzukic, Martinez) in order to get his system working. Pep has a different philosophy and tried another aproach and players not fitting his style have to leave. Jupp dismissed Gomez and Luiz Gustavo and Pep is doing it with Mandzukic. Pep has a plan, played a phenomenal debut season and we now have a bunch of highly talented youngsters that will execute his tactics way better than the older players in the squad.

I dont really get the Pep hate. Some supporters act like we had a season under Moyes. ..

In my honest opinion, it's all jealousy.

bud23

So why are you exactly trying to get rid of Di María?

We aren't. Its Di Maria who wants to leave Madrid as he does not feel valued at the club, ie, he wants more money, but Madrid are not willing to renegotiate his contract.

Fuck him.

Messi on Di Stefano: "Farewell, Don Alfredo. A legend on and off the field. Much encouragement to the family and those closest to hm"

Good boy Lionel.

Peco

Berlusconi said that we're good to go after Cerci and Vrsaljko. IF we manage to sell a bunch of useless people, that is. Also, we're apparently after Marchetti as well: 7.5m in three installments + Agazzi. Lotito pls.
What about Rami? I know Valencia will allow him to train with us for now, but still no sign of a permanent deal?

Arnie

Sanchez snubbing us just makes me want to batter Arsenal even more.

Need to exploit that mental fragility. Run at Ozil and see if he falls over again. Get Can to go knee on knee.

pulga

Banned

Need to exploit that mental fragility. Run at Ozil and see if he falls over again. Get Can to go knee on knee.

Believe in Juve baby, reports are saying Sanchez prefers to join Juve but Arsenal is offering a better deal

B E L I E V E

What about Rami? I know Valencia will allow him to train with us for now, but still no sign of a permanent deal?

Bronzetti said yesterday that everything will be done by the end of the week. Valencia still hasn't replied to our offer apparently, and they might ask around 5m (last time we offered 3.75m). Valencia also has to sort out everything with the new owner, so that might slow down the transfer.

That said, the fact that he's allowed to train with us is a good sign, I reckon. We should be really close.

Probity

Heynckes changed 5 positions after 2012 and three of them in the starting line up (Dante, Mandzukic, Martinez) in order to get his system working. Pep has a different philosophy and tried another aproach and players not fitting his style have to leave. Jupp dismissed Gomez and Luiz Gustavo and Pep is doing it with Mandzukic. Pep has a plan, played a phenomenal debut season and we now have a bunch of highly talented youngsters that will execute his tactics way better than the older players in the squad.

I dont really get the Pep hate. Some supporters act like we had a season under Moyes. ..

I fully understand we had a good season, especially with our high expectations, and I am still fine with players leaving, I am just sad to see them go. I really liked Gomez and Gustavo overall, and I really like Mandzukic. I know that to get the system working, things need to change in the lineup, but I have such strong ties to players that have been around forever. Like as the season ended, Müller was seeing a lot less time, and he is one of my favorite players.

It isn't that I hate Pep, it is that I don't like a lot of his choices, he does what Löw did a lot for the national team, tinkering with the formation and lineup even at vital times. It costs us a lot more than it needs to, and he uses a style I don't fully enjoy. I love watching Bayern play, no matter the style, but I've never been a fan of the possession football. I only don't like him because he took a thoroughly entertaining Bayern side from 2013, and changed them when he said he would adapt.

It is all good though, I know people are leaving, and I will be sad to watch it happen, but what needs to be done will be done. I just hope that we keep a good philosophy with our players, a lot of them are German, and that we win fairly. Anything else is really just side drama I like to mess around with in Football.

Arnie

Believe in Juve baby, reports are saying Sanchez prefers to join Juve but Arsenal is offering a better deal

B E L I E V E
If Juve buy him they sell a star player to United or Chelsea.

Those two clubs are capable of challenging for meaningful honours.

Arsenal could have the squad from that Samsung advert and they'd still finish fourth and crash out of all competitions in February.

Arsenal can take Sanchez. We'll just beat them anyway.

BELIEVE in Sterling.

Herr K

Banned
Plug babe :lol

I read what you were saying in Whatsapp, I just had to tease you some. Stop being cunt to the world, and go take some creepshots. Thanks.

Bla, don't mind this creepy cunt please lol

Blablurn

please continue to tell us how Bayern fans are jealous of Bayern Munich, it's fascinating

its called ribbing m8, do it all the time with him in the whatsapp. if you didnt log off crying at the first sign of adversity you would
please
understand

I'm glad you're gone soon :)

pulga

Banned
Last time I checked it was 60 million and you wont sell that much kroos shirts. But in Real terms even that amount is a bargain.

60M? wat no way bae

1404723219_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

MARCA NO MIENTE

I'm glad you're gone soon :)

bla pls go cry in a corner over fifa, its riveting

Probity

So he playes 5 years pro bono? Only at Dortmund!

I honestly don't think he deserves the 12 million a year. He is good, but not that good. He makes good passes and has a great long ball, but he isn't the fastest player ever and doesn't really fit the Madrid style in my opinion. I hope he ends up successful for sake of the national team but I don't understand this particular move at alllll.

pulga

Banned
I honestly don't think he deserves the 12 million a year. He is good, but not that good. He makes good passes and has a great long ball, but he isn't the fastest player ever and doesn't really fit the Madrid style in my opinion. I hope he ends up successful for sake of the national team but I don't understand this particular move at alllll.

12m a year? He'll be lucky to get 6m at Madrid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Juve buy him they sell a star player to United or Chelsea.
Not necessarily Arnie!

We spend approximately 40 to 50 million each season, and we've yet to buy anyone. So in theory, we can burn most of it on one of our targets.

BUT :)lol) that's 'too risky' and not very Marotta-like. :/ Barca (like Arsenal with RVP) will just tell us to do one :lol :lol

Iturbe is a few millions cheaper so of course we'll focus all our cunting efforts on him

#PrayForConte #FreeConte

Mastadon

Banned
According to James Pearce, Moreno is still our main LB target. Bertrand is back up and that Chelsea are would rather he went elsewhere as they are wary of another Sturridge.

Oh god please let this be true. There is no way Bertrand has the same level of potential as Sturridge.

pulga

Banned
Not necessarily Arnie!

We spend approximately 40 to 50 million each season, and we've yet to buy anyone. So in theory, we can burn most of it on one of our targets.

BUT :)lol) that's 'too risky' and not very Marotta-like. :/ Barca (like Arsenal with RVP) will just tell us to do one :lol :lol

Iturbe is a few millions cheaper so of course we'll focus all our cunting efforts on him

#PrayForConte #FreeConte

ARENT YOU HAPPY WITH ADNAN AND KOSMAN ALREADY JESUS CHRIST

Gambit

Also, according to my post history, Bernat is quite good.

I hope things work out, my only issue is that I really love most of the players on the team. I am very connected to the starters right now, and even a lot of the subs, I know about their styles in extreme detail, and I've really enjoyed watching them together.
;P

I can sympathise with that. Having a lot of homegrown players is great, but even the ones we bought were dear to me because of the (two) lost finals. So, against all reason, I often prefer them starting over a better replacement, simply because I like them. Gomez and Gustavo are good examples. Though Martinez quickly won me over.

And Müller, Lahm, Alaba, Schweini really have that "Bayern identity". Personally, I think that's why we are selling Kroos. He has been there for so long, but never had a Bavarian identity. So the fans never cared for him.

Don't get the Pep hate either. They had a really good season, unfortunately they lost their form at the worst possible moment. They'll come back stronger. I just hope Pep will still want to have a German core in the team.

Fuck I'm already nervous. I'm still certain Germany will advance but the Neymar injury was unexpected and I'm not sure how the referee / Brazil /FIFA will react now. Still, tonight we are once again at a crossroads for football. It's up to Germany's now to save football from the evil spirits and to give the beautiful game back to its fans.

Chile came close but was unlucky in the end. Croatia and Columbia were robbed. As cruel as it sounds but the country of Brazil needs to lose in the semis to "win" anything at this World Cup.

Let's do it Germany. I don't care if you tiki-taka, catenaccio, counter-attack or penalty kick Brazil into oblivion. Just do it. For Football. Aus Liebe zum Spiel.

Very nervous as well. I think it's frightening how much hype there seems to be in Brazil and the media. The players seem over-motivated, which also explains their aggressive play to some degree. It would be in everyone's best interest if they don't win the cup. A win would lead to uncontrolled chaos in the whole country. 200 million people celebrating, crying, shagging in the streets...wait, how much are tickets to Brazil?

I've never been a fan of the possession football. I only don't like him because he took a thoroughly entertaining Bayern side from 2013, and changed them when he said he would adapt.

You didn't like Heynckes' Bayern? van Gaal's 2010 season?

Jack cw

I'll try to explain this whole Kroos dilemma, because many Bayern supporters are still discussing about the reasons for his move to Real.

1. What many fans not close to Bayern and the clubs board dont know is, that Toni Kroos never had the lobby inside the club that players like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Ribery or Götze have. We are talking about members of the players management who made sure that inside the contracts there are clauses with player roles and guarenteed play time. Kroos contract had him still as rotation player. Unlike Müller, Alaba, Badstuber, Lahm and Schweinsteiger, Kroos never came from Bayerns own youth. He came from a club far in the North and never convinced the suits. He was loaned to Leverkusen and Heynckes gave him a chance and he finally became a starter. Still, Henyckes was his only backer. Hoeneß and Rummenigge tolerated it, because Heynckes was succesfull.

2. Another part of why Kroos never get the appreciation is marketing. Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Müller are already club legends. Why? Because of adidas extreme marketing. Kroos is an adidas player, but on the lower tier, while the other 3 for example are the top. Kroos never made it there because his management missed it to promote him to better deals and never made him a guy for the media. And he isn't from Bayerns youth. Adidas holds 9% of the club. Their president is the 3rd highest Bayern board member and a reason why Kroos never had a chance to to get what he wanted at Bayern, because he couldnt generate the money for Bayern and adidas like the other 3 players did.

3. Bayern wanted to sacrifice a pawn with Kroos, showing the rest of the squad that regardless of the performance, there is a limit with wages and what a player and his management could ask for. Apparently Kroos wanted 6 million net., which is only two thirds of what Ribery or Götze are getting, but Bayerns limit was 4 million net.

4. Pep wanted him to stay, but there are too many political reasons and hurdles for Kroos, and with an already stacked midfield it was only logical for him to leave the club. He is 24, one of the best holding midfielders and earns only 3 million a year. I hope he gets the appreciation that he wants with Madrid now.

Rad-

I'm not sure about Kroos to Madrid. I don't think their playstyle suits him at all. If he plays DM, well he sucks defensively but makes good long balls. If he plays AM, he's way too slow for their counterattacks.

But then again, Scholes managed just fine in a similar system that United played in 06-07.

Jack cw

It's always surprising to see that Götze already has a bigger lobby than Kroos.

Götze doesnt have to play good football. His name alone has already made up for the transfer fee. His outfitter is Nike but adidas earns a lot with Bayern and DFB merchandise with his name, so that is why he isnt questioned. He generates more money than any other Bayern player. Kids apparently love him and Bayern and adidas love their parents money.

Gambit

It's always surprising to see that Götze already has a bigger lobby than Kroos.

I think Götze was seen as THE German star-player of the future. Bayern had to have him. Who knows, maybe he'll be worth it eventually.

Kroos only really has Sammer and now Pep on his side. But the management wants to set an example.

I'd agree with most of what Jack wrote.

Lightning

Banned

The feeling is mutual. Destroying Liverpool with Sanchez scoring the winner is going to be amazing.

In overpriced English players will prove your downfall.

fuenf

And Müller, Lahm, Alaba, Schweini really have that "Bayern identity". Personally, I think that's why we are selling Kroos. He has been there for so long, but never had a Bavarian identity. So the fans never cared for him.

1. What many fans not close to Bayern and the clubs board dont know is, that Toni Kroos never had the lobby inside the club that players like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Ribery or Götze have. We are talking about members of the players management who made sure that inside the contracts there are clauses with player roles and guarenteed play time. Kroos contract had him still as rotation player. Unlike Müller, Alaba, Badstuber, Lahm and Schweinsteiger, Kroos never came from Bayerns own youth. He came from a club far in the North and never convinced the suits. He was loaned to Leverkusen and Heynckes gave him a chance and he finally became a starter. Still, Henyckes was his only backer. Hoeneß and Rummenigge tolerated it, because Heynckes was succesfull.

3. Bayern wanted to sacrifice a pawn with Kroos, showing the rest of the squad that regardless of the performance, there is a limit with wages and what a player and his management could ask for. Apparently Kroos wanted 6 million net., which is only two thirds of what Ribery or Götze are getting, but Bayerns limit was 4 million net.

But that's kind of Kroos own fault. The club might not have given him the respect he deserves but both Gomez and especially Neuer quickly took on that Bayern identity. Which was really surprising in Neuer's case but he worked for it very hard. With Kroos it never felt like he gave everything to the club. Just look at the Chelsea final, Gomez und Neuer took a penalty, Kroos didn't. Klopp would say, die Angst zu verlieren war größer als der Wille zu gewinnen(the fear of losing was bigger than his will to win). And IMHO that sums up Toni Kroos. Granted that he changed a lot under Pep and is slowly becoming a leader, it was just too late to justify his wage demands.

And I think Bayern players earn a max of 6m net.

Edit:it sucks writing post like these on mobile

Arnie

The feeling is mutual. Destroying Liverpool with Sanchez scoring the winner is going to be amazing.

In overpriced English players will prove your downfall.
Thanks for the heads up.

Chances are we'll just demolish you again tho.

Dat pace.

Dat mental fragility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom