• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I just read RM are readying a 40million bid for Verratti. I would love to see him at Juve, but I know he won't get the recognition he deserves unless he joins the RM hype express.

Kroos, Pogba, Verratti, Hames

where are we supposed to shove all these midfielders

is Carletto going full Pep and fielding 10 midfielders? pls

pulga

Banned
Kroos was still great last season

holy fuckign shit

those are some absolutely fantastic stats

IaLG69W.gif

not their best CM my bollocks

Of the 21* World Cup finals, only THREE of those (1934, 1938, 2006) have not featured the remaining four teams.

And the three that didn't all included Italy.

In other words, one of 5 teams have featured in every single world cup final ever played

A friend on facebook just posted that. Pretty crazy consistency by the the top teams with 8 of those finals consisting of two teams out of the five

Zabojnik

Di Maria wants a salary raise. 6 millions now, after his "great" performance at WC.

But, in fact, Di Maria doesn't deserve that money. For every good match, there is 10 matches in which you want to slap him. So is not really a loss with Isco and Kroos in the team.

Di Maria doesn't deserve 6M€ ... but Real are allegedly paying Kroos 10-12M€? How does this work.

I just read RM are readying a 40million bid for Verratti. I would love to see him at Juve, but I know he won't get the recognition he deserves unless he joins the RM hype express.

I still can't believe how badly we fucked up the Verratti deal. He was ours for the taking, but Marry gonna Marry. :(

Kroos, Pogba, Verratti, Hames

where are we supposed to shove all these midfielders

is Carletto going full Pep and fielding 10 midfielders? pls

I am sure Carlo would want Verratti as his first choice, but Perez only can see euro signs. He knows people will buy the shirts and and that sponsors love those marquee signings. It also means that he has weakened some of his rivals.

We should sign Tim Howard again. Dat US market. Actually Yedlin would do better...

Who's the next Kagawa we need to sign for the Japanese market?

Now to find someone from China and India too.

it is no surprise that Kagawa was one of the three players at the front for the Nike reveal picture.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
These stats are meaningless, they don't play in the same position or have the same roles.

Gotze (who was utterly average) and Thiago are just as good with half the minutes.

and Mario ended up with 13 goals and 9 assists innit

Di Maria doesn't deserve 6M€ ... but Real are allegedly paying Kroos 10-12M€? How does this work.

I still can't believe how badly we fucked up the Verratti deal. He was ours for the taking, but Marry gonna Marry. :(

yeah, there is no way he is coming back to the peninsula unless he truly flops over the next few years. I can't believe Juve or Napoli couldn't close the deal. it was a lot of money, but he is a once in a generation type player. IMO already the best passer of a football in the world game, although he still needs to work on his decision making.

There's a chart like this which puts our Ander above Kroos, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta and everyone else.

Bargain for the £35m we paid.

And he's only just a prospect.

The big teams have their stats divided among all the talent while Ander shines in a team with less talent than him.

I can't rate him above Xavi or Ineista. I fully expect him to shine at united and prove his worth.

The fuck are roma up to. Not only do they sign a 33 year old , but now they are selling Dodo. So the back up to the 33 year old is gonna be a 32 year old.

Dodo was good for them last year. Now he is gonna die at Inter.

We paid 30m pounds for Shaw though, not 40m?

As for Kroos, maybe LVG saw that he will never settle down somewhere. Dunno, it does seem strange. But 25m for him...that would have been a great get.

LVG hates divas. He plays players when they fit the strat, not because of their pricetag/value. Maybe he sees Kroos as somehow who wouldn't follow that way of thinking.

Which is also why, many of us are wondering how Rooney will fair under him next season.

Carbonox

The fuck are roma up to. Not only do they sign a 33 year old , but now they are selling Dodo. So the back up to the 33 year old is gonna be a 32 year old.

Dodo was good for them last year. Now he is gonna die at Inter.

He can join the rest of his species in extinction, ay ay ay ay.

Vanburencio

Neo Member

I was talking about net salary. Kroos is going to be paid 5 net, which is about 11 gross in spain. Di Maria wanted 6 (or maybe more, since is 2 years with the same claim), so almost 13million gross. And knowing that every year he threatened in public about leaving and crying about being at the bench... Well, good bye Di Maria.

Same happened last year with Ozil, tons of critics about letting the "new Zidane" leaving... Well, how does it looks now? xD

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I was talking about net salary. Kroos is going to be paid 5 net, which is about 11 gross in spain. Di Maria wanted 6 (or maybe more, since is 2 years with the same claim), so almost 13million gross. And knowing that every year he threatened in public about leaving and crying about being at the bench... Well, good bye Di Maria.

Same happened last year with Ozil, tons of critics about letting the "new Zidane" leaving... Well, how does it looks now? xD
oh right!

welcome to the thread dude

Arnie

Happy to leg Lucas, Agger and Pepe go but I want cash for these players, not more gash loans by cash-strapped Italian clubs. Pay up or don't bother. It's like these players don't even have fucking agents.

Stuck in traffic. Livid. My meeting got rearranged but they only told us when we got there so I've had to lose an hour of my day in a taxi.

TeddyBoy

Apparently Lucas has unfollowed LFC and removed mention of it from his twitter bio? Must be a deal in the offing.

An important player for us under Dalglish, but under Rodgers he never really fit into the system properly. It's probably a good time for him to leave, he'll go with happy memories and he'll actually get playing time at his new club (which we can't guarantee anymore).

sohois

Lucas hasn't had Liverpool in his twitter profile for quite a while now, it's not something that has suddenly changed. I wouldn't read anything into that specifically

Pls, the new Zidane is calmly developing at Castilla

And to boot, he's literally, legitimately the new Zidane lololol

So he is going to be completely inferior to the new Totti, but because the new Totti will be a dumbass and stay at Roma forever he will always be in the shadow of the always inferior new Zidane.

edit: talking of sons, I really hope one of the Maldini boys end up captaining Milan to the CL. that would be incredible three generations of Maldini lifting the trophy.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Some rumours that he was going to Napoli in the last few days...

Napoli are hilarious, they've gone around the whole of Europe looking for quality midfielders and have offered pathetic amounts for all of them. Gonalons, Sandro, Schniederlin and now they are going after Lucas. I guarantee they will balk at his price too.

LVG hates divas. He plays players when they fit the strat, not because of their pricetag/value. Maybe he sees Kroos as somehow who wouldn't follow that way of thinking.

Which is also why, many of us are wondering how Rooney will fair under him next season.

LVG's one point program for Rooney at start should be to get him fit. A fit Rooney can still be great.

And if he doesn't ship him off to PSG. We can then buy Sanchez from Arsenal (thanks Arsenal)

Don't be scared

I am not. I am excited for the new season!

Feorax

Napoli are hilarious, they've gone around the whole of Europe looking for quality midfielders and have offered pathetic amounts for all of them. Gonalons, Sandro, Schniederlin and now they are going after Lucas. I guarantee they will balk at his price too.

If they actually offered any money at all for one of our players it would be a pleasant surprise...

Moreno deal isn't dead according to the Echo. Some good news at least.

sohois

If they actually offered any money at all for one of our players it would be a pleasant surprise...

Moreno deal isn't dead according to the Echo. Some good news at least.

I thought ADL was loaded and had no problems spending money, Serie A Gaf? Especially since i read the Napoli fans are ecstatic at having a big name manager like Benitez at the club, I would have thought the hierarchy would try and keep him sweet and give him the money he wants

I thought ADL was loaded and had no problems spending money, Serie A Gaf? Especially since i read the Napoli fans are ecstatic at having a big name manager like Benitez at the club, I would have thought the hierarchy would try and keep him sweet and give him the money he wants

ADL aint got deep pockets. he is willing to spend money, but last summer it was funded from the Cavani sale and previous Lavezzi sale. Not gonna see anything 20million plus this summer from them unless they sale someone, especially as CL football is not guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom