• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think we're actually in for him tbh.

Unless we're doing a Herrera.

but

AS English @English_AS · 1h
@TC_MUFC Madrid have received 2 offers one from @ManUtd, one from PSG - the United offer is the highest. Van Gaal pushing hard for DM.

Don't know why they're back to "PL club" when they already wrote that one hour ago.

pls

There's certainly more pressing matters in our squad, but - ASSUMING THIS IS TRUE - it's LVG making the decisions and not spuds like Moyes or Woodward

K1LLER7

Hunter was saying yesterday it was likely he'll go United yesterday in te podcast I posted.

Will be a great signing if it happened.

Rad-

I think Di Maria is a huge risk signing. I'm not just sure about that. He is so god damn frustrating player as a winger.

Jarnet87

I don't think its United in for Di Maria. Usually when we miss out the first time, that's it. I can't recall too many players Fergie went after a 2nd time after missing out the first.

doicare

Sanchez will play as a striker.

If he doesn't Arsene has lost it.
If he plays as the lone striker then fine, i just don't see it happening.
nvm. should just ignore.
No pleeeeeease impart your wisdom, i've taken my ear muffs off and i'm ready to listen.
you of all people should know that injuries happen
Great so you just have to hope that half your forward line is always injured and that way everybody will be happy.
Oh no it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Sanchez is better than half the players you just listed one of which is a 33 year old and that he can play as a CF. But no you just conveniently ignore that. What gave you the idea that we are done signing players? Also, we're more than happy with our goalkeeper.
If Arsenal sign Sanchez and don't play him as a striker and start him as one of the 3 behind then no matter which way you work it players like Cazorla, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski won't be happy sat on the bench and will leave after 1 or 2 seasons.

wedward

If Arsenal sign Sanchez and don't play him as a striker and start him as one of the 3 behind then no matter which way you work it players like Cazorla, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski won't be happy sat on the bench and will leave after 1 or 2 seasons.

Podolski is free to leave and Walcott just shredded his knee. Doubt he expects to be playing every game.

Sanchez up top solves all of this.

Lightning

Banned
Podolski is pretty much in his last year with us, Santi getting on in years. Walcott coming back from a horror injury and needs to be eased back into it. Chamberlain's injury record needs improving.

Alexis is an outstanding buy.

Never forget last season where thanks to injury we started a front 4 of Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla and Rosciky with no one on the bench.

Barzul

You don't know how football works is what I got from that statement. Because somehow Nani is still at United and he signed a 5 year contract despite playing fewer games than ever this season. Rosiscky too renewed and his been far from a started for several seasons. Carzola will be 32 in 2 seasons, I'm sure he'll accept a diminished role. Podolski can be replaced. Still don't quite see your point.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Arsenal already have:

Özil
Cazorla
Walcott
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Podolski
Rosicky

Of which only 3 can play at the same time with the formation they play and they decide to go spunk big money on Sanchez who plays in the same area when what Arsenal badly needs is a world class DM, another CB, a consistently good GK and a world class striker. Oh Wenger you've out done yourself again lol.

Cazorla wants to leave and Podolski will probably be binned as well, Wenger clearly doesn't trust him. If he promotes Gnabry then they're fine, he's probably going to play Alexis as a striker anyway.

GQman2121

Banned
I hope Brazil lose for the simple fact that Hulk is again out on the wing with Fred leading the line.

Fred holds the team back in so many ways that they must not be reviewing the game tape after the matches. We're all seeing it on live TV. It's very obvious.

Also, all this talk about Willian stepping up with Neymar out and he's on the bench. Bernard is a good player, but they both should be out where with Oscar and Hulk.

Muller, pls crush these clowns.

Is Hannibal actually good or is it good the way some of you think Arrow is good?

Hannibal is legit good but only if you don't mind shows where you have to pay close attention to everything that is aired. There are a lot of little shots that collectively add up to the actions of the characters.

Lightning

Banned
Cazorla wants to leave and Podolski will probably be binned as well, Wenger clearly doesn't trust him. If he promotes Gnabry then they're fine, he's probably going to play Alexis as a striker anyway.
Cazorla just extended late last season. Desperate to leave that all links with Atletico have died? Heard nothing about it since the world cups end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom