• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

That's true. But even until October Spurs were doing okay. The football wasn't great but the results were solid.

Most of that was down to winning by one goal, normally a dodgy Soldado pen.

Most Spurs fans would admit their early points haul flattered to deceive.

Barzul

We did Debuchy and Sanchez at the same time.

The club have lots of people working on deals. Rumor is that we work on multiple deals at the same time, for players in the same position, and then we finalize the best deal.

This club should be able to sign Griezmann, a DM, and a backup keeper in the next 2 months.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think we're done as far as attacking signings go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stahp. Your obsession with Kuyt is unhealthy. I don't want that ugly fuck near my club.

JuveGAF should love Evra. The fact that he turned down Inter for Juve proves how much of a bro he is.
You know what, I think you're right!

WELCOME EVRA!

He'll be our Zebina

Most of that was down to winning by one goal, normally a dodgy Soldado pen.

Most Spurs fans would admit their early points haul flattered to deceive.
Not saying I disagree.

But at that particular moment there was still reason to be optimistic. It wasn't clear in October, beyond doubt, that the summer had been a total failure.

I dunno why you United bunch are worried about LB/RB cover. You realize we extended Valencia right???

Vermijl who was out on loan in the Eredivisie is a rb, but can also cover the lb position.

Van Gaal is also more flexible, and is willing to go 3-5-2 which means a more attacking player can cover Shaw's position.

jtb

Banned
Okay, Lets break this down:

Debuchy - 8m
Sanchez - 30m

They are pretty much confirmed so that's 40m we've already spent.

A decent DM will cost us another 20m minimum, decent CB could cost anywhere between 8-15m and then you have a few million for a goalkeeper. Where does the Greizmann money come from unless we start selling players?

Even without Griezmann we're sitting at 80m, doubtful we will spend that much. It's just not happening,

I don't think we'll get a CB, a GK can be picked up for free. sell Podolski, Arteta. we've got plenty of money now, especially after not spending in January.

Debuchy - 8m
Sanchez - 30m
mystery DM - 20m
Griezmann - 25m

~80m... we probably won't spend that much, but we should.

omgkitty

Okay, Lets break this down:

Debuchy - 8m
Sanchez - 30m

They are pretty much confirmed so that's 40m we've already spent.

A decent DM will cost us another 20m minimum, decent CB could cost anywhere between 8-15m and then you have a few million for a goalkeeper. Where does the Greizmann money come from unless we start selling players?

Even without Griezmann we're sitting at 80m, doubtful we will spend that much. It's just not happening,

We sold Vela for another 12m more, plus Djourou for around 2m I believe. Add in the 5m or so we made from Cesc moving to Chelsea, and we've already made close to 20m this summer. Not to mention the lowering of the wage bills from players like TGSWEL leaving.

Man Utd News ‏@SirAlexStand 2h
Sky Italia are reporting that Juventus have told #MUFC that Arturo Vidal is not for sale.

tumblr_inline_n7h0adqEOe1qf3yoi.gif

wedward

I don't think we'll get a CB, a GK can be picked up for free. sell Podolski, Arteta. we've got plenty of money now, especially after not spending in January.

Debuchy - 8m
Sanchez - 30m
mystery DM - 20m
Griezmann - 25m

~80m... we probably won't spend that much, but we should.

Fine with selling Podolski.

No reason to sell Arteta. He is good enough to play against 12ish PL teams, cup games and some CL group games.

doicare

So Arsenal already have:

Özil
Cazorla
Walcott
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Podolski
Rosicky

Of which only 3 can play at the same time with the formation they play and they decide to go spunk big money on Sanchez who plays in the same area when what Arsenal badly needs is a world class DM, another CB, a consistently good GK and a world class striker. Oh Wenger you've out done yourself again lol.

So Arsenal already have:

Özil
Cazorla
Walcott
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Podolski
Rosicky

Of which only 3 can play at the same time with the formation they play and they decide to go spunk big money on Sanchez who plays in the same area when what Arsenal badly needs is a world class DM, another CB, a consistently good GK and a world class striker. Oh Wenger you've out done yourself again lol.

Sanchez will play as a striker.

If he doesn't Arsene has lost it.

wedward

So Arsenal already have:

Özil
Cazorla
Walcott
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Podolski
Rosicky

nvm. should just ignore.

jtb

Banned
So Arsenal already have:

Özil
Cazorla
Walcott
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Podolski
Rosicky

you of all people should know that injuries happen

GQman2121

Banned
What's this £40m for Draxler evaluation on the previous page? That's absurd.

Great deal for Arsenal locking down Sanchez. He'll be a handful for the league next year. It'll be interesting who cements themselves into their first eleven.

I'm feeling more and more like we've gotten away with highway robbery with Zouma in January and Cesc last month. Both looking like absolute steals at this point with the money that is being splashed about.

Barzul

Griezmann is not happening guys, trust me on this. If anything happens it'll be someone like Remy. If we get Griezzmann and Sanchez in the same summer. I'll use an Adebayor in a Spurs top avatar for a month.

What's this £40m for Draxler evaluation on the previous page? That's absurd.

Great deal for Arsenal locking down Sanchez. He'll be a handful for the league next year. It'll be interesting who cements themselves into their first eleven.

I'm feeling more and more like we've gotten away with highway robbery with Zouma in January and Cesc last month. Both looking like absolute seals at this point with the money that is being splashed about.

Still can't believe that happened.

Manager

#BRA LINE-UP: Julio Cesar, David Luiz (c), Fernandinho, Marcelo, Hulk, Fred, Oscar, Dante, Luiz Gustavo, Bernard, Maicon

No Willian?

#GER LINE-UP: Neuer, Hoewedes, Hummels, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Klose, Muller, Lahm (c), Kroos, Boateng

fuenf

#BRA LINE-UP: Julio Cesar, David Luiz (c), Fernandinho, Marcelo, Hulk, Fred, Oscar, Dante, Luiz Gustavo, Bernard, Maicon

No Willian?

#GER LINE-UP: Neuer, Hoewedes, Hummels, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Klose, Muller, Lahm (c), Kroos, Boateng

Löw played it safe. With the exception of Özil he cant get criticized for that lineup.

Barzul

So Arsenal already have:

Özil
Cazorla
Walcott
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Podolski
Rosicky

Oh no it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Sanchez is better than half the players you just listed one of which is a 33 year old and that he can play as a CF. But no you just conveniently ignore that. What gave you the idea that we are done signing players? Also, we're more than happy with our goalkeeper.

fuenf

I don't like starting Klose but Germany will win comfortably.

he's over the hill, but if Schürrle would start instead of him we'd lack punch of the bench. Klose, also, isnt a very good / confident penalty taker, so it's better to have Schürrle finish the game than the other way around.

Gambit

Löw played it safe. With the exception of Özil he cant get criticized for that lineup.

Had he same impression. Shielding himself from any criticism. Klose is questionable, but I guess we need Schürrle from the bench.

My Draxler for Özil fever dream will remain unfulfilled.

Suen

Hitcher I just finished the game. I do have to admit that the twist at the end in the story was very nice but it doesn't make up for all torture I had to go through.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hitcher I just finished the game. I do have to admit that the twist at the end in the story was very nice but it doesn't make up for all torture I had to go through.
Which game?

Sounds like Bioshock Infinite? :lol :lol

Manager

AS say Madrid have accepted two offers for Di Maria. One from PSG, the other from a PL club.

Why don't they know who the PL club is?

God I hate transfer rumours

AS English @English_AS · 1h
@TC_MUFC Madrid have received 2 offers one from @ManUtd, one from PSG - the United offer is the highest. Van Gaal pushing hard for DM.

AS English @English_AS · 41m
@msh_tonmoy @carrick_fan we haven't published an article yet, all we know at the moment is that 2 bids have been received.

Don't know why they're back to "PL club" when they already wrote that one hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom