• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

image.php

Andrés has seen better days

Colombia vs Brazil and a most likely Germany vs France on July fourth. Say what you want about the US but that fucking day will be fucking awesome as an independence day

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 2m
Apparently, the Brazil v Chile match today saw the highest number of Tweets per minute ever tracked for an event, eclipsing Superbowl 48

"How do you kick a ball from where Ronaldo kicked it, he gave the most incredible cross, thats the thing I love about this, watching, how do you kick a ball from where Ronaldo kicked it and nail it in to a point where it's gonna hit your team mate on the forehead in the right spot? I mean holy crap."

Rich Eisen pls

They think it's snooker but with feet.

America is gr8.

Showaddy

So Porto picked up JRod II for around £5m and then 3 seasons later flogged him off for nearly £40m??

Apparently Rod's price was wildly inflated though because it was a joint deal with Monaco for Rod & Falcao but Falcao had a fat sell on clause.

Edit: shit or I could be thinking of someone competently different lol

Omgggggg

They're saying how it was "a cool little moment" that the US team kicked it back to the opposition after an injury stoppage.

Now they're making fun of England :(

OMG hahahaha "nie-mar" hahahahahaha

Scum

The Porto model. They make every other club look like cunts when it comes to scouting.
It just amazes me how they do it all the time.

Apparently Rod's price was wildly inflated though because it was a joint deal with Monaco for Rod & Falcao but Falcao had a fat sell on clause.

Edit: shit or I could be thinking of someone competently different lol
Show, pls.

Not nearly as impressive as Woodward selling Buttner for a profit.
looooooool

Clegg

Switched off the post match coverage to see Metallica play Master of Puppets at Glastonbury. Mint.

They they started up Nothing Else Matters. Turned off TV.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You've been ripping England for weeks now you clit hood

Only we can do that
Laughing at England is my guilty pleasure

I enjoy the Englishoptimism before international tournaments. Almost the exact opposite of Italians :lol

ffs someone has to have that gif of this little fat kid humping the bed and then rushing the door when he realizes someone is filming him.

Am I taking crazy pills?

Laughing at England is my guilty pleasure

I enjoy the Englishoptimism before international tournaments. Almost the exact opposite of Italians :lol

'Things can't be worse than they were last time'

Things are worse than they were last time

'Shit. Hodgson out'

Sorry if late.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28072902

An England football supporter had a piece of his ear bitten off by another England fan at the World Cup in Brazil.

The assault happened during England's match against Uruguay in Sao Paulo on 19 June, British police deployed to the tournament have said.

Local officers started an investigation after the fan made a complaint but the assailant has not been identified.

Confirmation of the incident came after radio pundit Stan Collymore tweeted he had seen footage of a "fan attacked".

Six police British police officers have travelled to Brazil for the tournament. Their role is to to offer support and advice to Brazilian police and local authorities as well as overseeing the thousands of England fans who travelled to the country.

The Association of Chief Police Officers issued a statement following former Liverpool and Nottingham Forest striker Collymore's tweet.
Stan Collymore tweet

Chief Supt Rachel Barber said her officers were made aware during the match "that an incident had taken place which resulted in an England fan having a portion of his ear bitten off by another England fan".

She added: "In the immediate aftermath, we managed to make contact with the victim and offered advice and support. The day after the attack, the victim chose to make a formal complaint to the local police, and they opened an investigation.

"During the course of our pursuit of the assailant, we located and interviewed several witnesses. They were very helpful in giving their version of events, but, unfortunately they were unable to give us a name for the alleged attacker."

She said officers observed supporters at England's final match against Costa Rica on 24 June in Belo Horizonte "but it appears he did not travel to that game".

"Efforts are ongoing to identify the suspect and bring him to justice either in the UK or, if possible, back in Brazil where the offence occurred," she added.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are aware of an incident in Sao Paulo on June 19 involving a British national and we provided consular assistance."

England lost the Uruguay match 2-1 after two goals from Luis Suarez, who found himself in trouble with football's world governing body Fifa for biting an Italian player in a later match.

The result effectively ended England's chances of qualifying from the group stage of the World Cup and their early departure from Brazil was confirmed when Costa Rica beat Italy the following day.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 5m
#URU midfielder Arevalo: "We had to fight against everyone. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone. Since the draw, they wanted us out."

:lol

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 5m
#URU midfielder Arevalo: "We had to fight against everyone. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone. Since the draw, they wanted us out."

:lol

They're embarassing themselves as badly as we did after the racism row. Perhaps worse, since there's no question that he bit Chiellini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom