• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Show, pls.

Just remembered, it wasn't Falcao it was Rod & Moutinho lol

Basically it was a joint bid of 70 million euros but Moutinho had a big sell clause so apparently Porto inflated Rod's size of the deal so they wouldn't have to pay so much to Moutinho's old club.

bud

liverpool fans defending dalglish and carroll was somehow more embarrassing then them defending suarez at the time.

ibgnotfIHO1ZSU.gif

Does anyone know anything interesting to do in Bath? There for a week with work.

The baths.

Literally that's it. It's a pretty sleepy town, there are nice gardens and cool architecture about but I cycled over for a day from Bristol and there wasn't much to do really.

Edit - Go up to Alexandra Park one evening though. Nice view.

bobito

Banned
The baths.

Literally that's it. It's a pretty sleepy town, there are nice gardens and cool architecture about but I cycled over for a day from Bristol and there wasn't much to do really.

Edit - Go up to Alexandra Park one evening though. Nice view.

Cheers buddy will give it a look

Scum

Just remembered, it wasn't Falcao it was Rod & Moutinho lol

Basically it was a joint bid of 70 million euros but Moutinho had a big sell clause so apparently Porto inflated Rod's size of the deal so they wouldn't have to pay so much to Moutinho's old club.

I see. lol

FootballFan

Suarez should be hated by Uruguayan's, instead most fans seem to think Suarez is a victim. He ruined their world cup for no reason. What a shame.

K1LLER7

Adam Crofton
"Believe Nigel de Jong is on #mufc radar. Pragmatic fit if Vidal can't be done. Story on mailsport soon."

"Initial fee for Buttner in the region of £4million. Rising to £5.6mil with add-ons. Not sure how #mufc have got so much...!"

Not bad.

Cheers for the ideas guys, I'm gonna have a good look tomorrow morning at things to do.

I lived there for like 7 years. On top of the Baths you may as well visit the Abbey nearby and go on one of the open top bus tours. Surprisingly entertaining. Other than that just have a wonder a around the city centre I guess. There's stuff to do depending on what you're into.

Clegg

Has it been mentioned that Clermont Foot has appointed another female manager after their previous manager, Helena Costa, resigned after one day in charge.

kharma45

Adam Crofton
"Believe Nigel de Jong is on #mufc radar. Pragmatic fit if Vidal can't be done. Story on mailsport soon."

"Initial fee for Buttner in the region of £4million. Rising to £5.6mil with add-ons. Not sure how #mufc have got so much...!"

Not bad.

£30m for De Jong? Wat.

Article is badly written, sub-title says £30m but main body says £9m.

Has it been mentioned that Clermont Foot has appointed another female manager after their previous manager, Helena Costa, resigned after one day in charge.

"Costa quit after just one day of training after male colleagues sidelined her and left her convinced she was just a “face” to attract publicity."

"Costa, who was reported to be furious about how she was treated, said that even before she started the job she was being pushed aside, and that it was clear to her that she was expected to be the “face of the club” without any power or control."

"She explained that the club's sporting director did not reply to any of her emails during a five-day period and claimed she tried to take the case to the club president but could not talk to him either. "

loool what a club

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No look pass with a fucked up foot

i0gPvECSeb1FR.gif

One hundred billion. And not one billion less.

and Isla finally doing something unIsla-like

scently

Adam Crofton

Not bad.

Does this mean that we are after Vidal as a DM? Yurt. is he good as a DM? I know he plays a a btb midfielder.

Brazil not performing v Chile doesn't mean too much imo. Their personnel should tell you they won't be blowing teams away, they will simply play about on par with their opponents and rely on their solidarity, the crowd, and a matchwinner that only Argentina can rival. Whether that will be enough to win them the World Cup remains to be seen, but it should get them into a do or die semi v Germany/France. I tipped Colombia, James & Cuadrado to have great tournaments, but always thought it'd be cut short in the quarters by Brazil.

Anyway, I'll be happy if we sign Ospina. Looks like a no bullshit, no drama keeper. My big issue when we were first linked was his height (or lack of), but he has a good leap, and as Wenger said today: "Ospina is very mobile & he guesses very well ball trajectories". Unlike Woj, he has a a proper kick on him too. Giroud deserves better, lol.

Ligue 1 keepers, and players in general tbh with James at the forefront, have given a good account of themselves at this tournament. Aguilar has been an unsung hero, and I swear Carlos Sanchez plays/played in Ligue 1 recently too...

Clegg

United Bros I don't think we've made enough of the fact that we've signed an honest to goodness quality midfielder.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
BrH6jAsCcAAsPZP.jpg:large

Moyes caused this.

I cant get hyped over more transfers :3 I feel spoiled already after last summer. One has to be prepared that we may sign no-one else.

*walks back to Strootman videos*

scently

United Bros I don't think we've made enough of the fact that we've signed an honest to goodness quality midfielder.

Yeah, its a bit surreal really. We just need a good DM. A midfield trio of DM (maybe Vidal), Herrera, with Mata at the tip of the spear will be nice for a 433 formation.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

But will he be another Kagawa :3

I do worry, cant wait for pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom