• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

scently

United need a whole new set of midfielders. Obviously won't get them all this summer but we need 4/5 over the next couple of seasons.

This is the truth really. We need to fill up our squad. Even if we get Vidal or whoever, we still need depth in that position. It will take some time but I also feel this is an area our scout really needs to step up. We are going to need young talents too to groom for the future. It can't always be marquee or big money signing.

Lerner seems a right bell tbh

Doesn't want the club
Values it highly
Nobody wants to buy for said value
Doesn't budge (since May at least)

Ends up with a directionless club in limbo, an owner who can't be arsed and probably better owners priced out. If nobody is willing to come close to his price knowing that he wants out, surely it becomes a buyer's market?

This is the truth really. We need to fill up our squad. Even if we get Vidal or whoever, we still need depth in that position. It will take some time but I also feel this is an area our scout really needs to step up. We are going to need young talents too to groom for the future. It can't always be marquee or big money signing.
I'm hoping Louis V promotes Pereira from the academy. He didn't do so well last season but I think he has some talent. Other than that I really don't know who else we have. Powell is an option I suppose, if he can sort himself out off the field anyway.

All the rest need to go within a year or two max. Every one of them for one reason or another.

As you say hopefully we can sign some under the radar type players to at least provide depth. Not a clue who. I want that kid from PSG. Forgot his name. Meant to be decent. Rabbit or whatever.

omgkitty

I'm hoping Louis V promotes Pereira from the academy. He didn't do so well last season but I think he has some talent. Other than that I really don't know who else we have. Powell is an option I suppose, if he can sort himself out off the field anyway.

All the rest need to go within a year or two max. Every one of them for one reason or another.

As you say hopefully we can sign some under the radar type players to at least provide depth. Not a clue who. I want that kid from PSG. Forgot his name. Meant to be decent. Rabbit or whatever.

Rabiot.

Clegg

Quality midfielders are pretty expensive though as shown by the price tags mooted for Vidal. Herrera isn't in that elite bracket of CM's and even he cost £29m. We won't be looking to sign 4 big money midfielders but at least one other will have to be as we need an extra bit if immediate quality to add to the first team. The rest will probably be young players with potential who can add depth.

scently

As you say hopefully we can sign some under the radar type players to at least provide depth. Not a clue who. I want that kid from PSG. Forgot his name. Meant to be decent.

Clasie I think.

Its incredible how bad we let our midfield get. For all of Fergie's brilliance, he really neglected this area. In short, most of our signings since 2009 has been so bad. Young, Buttner, Obertan, and even Phil Jones and Kagawa to an extent etc.

Arnie

James Rodriguez, though.

If we weren't already getting Sanchez, Markovic and Origi I'd have liked us to lump big on the lad.

Kikarian

He won't go anywhere this summer.

Only chance that happens is if Madrid/Barca go big for him. They have enough tricky playmakers in the squads already.
He probably won't. But I have no doubts seeing him in a Real Madrid shirt in the coming seasons.

Jarnet87

We had young talent in the midfield but Fergie was too busy keeping Scholes and Giggs around instead of integrating them into the squad. Morrison, Pogba, Petrucci (was considered a promising talent).

hiroshawn

Banned
Not this year, obviously. The Özil hope died in 2012, when he still hadn't improved after 2 years of Mourinho.

Edit: And the Kroos hope basically died when I saw him play for the first time :lol

Mou can't develop talent. Two of the best talent developers work at Arsenal. Arsene Wenger and Andries Jonker.

Slizz

Poked my head into the WC thread for the first time since the second OT for it.

10464075_10152264073661911_7670356059502936498_n.jpg

Hilarious.

Barzul

Paul Breen-Turner ‏@paulbreenturner 6m
BREAKING; Catalan sports paper Mundo Deportivo reporting @Arsenal have made 40million euro bid for Alexis Sanchez #Barcelona

Wenger is our King.

EDIT:

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 4m
Mundo Deportivo HAVEN'T reported a €40m Arsenal bid for Alexis Sánchez, they just quoted what the Metro (UK) claimed.

False alarm

Arnie

BREAKING; Catalan sports paper Mundo Deportivo reporting @Arsenal have made 40million euro bid for Alexis Sanchez #Barcelona

Wenger is our King.

EDIT:

Mundo Deportivo HAVEN'T reported a €40m Arsenal bid for Alexis Sánchez, they just quoted what the Metro (UK) claimed.

False alarm

Uber-muppet

Go to bed, Barzul.

You don't even know what 'probably' means.

Clegg

Wenger is our King.

EDIT:

False alarm
174611.jpg

Scum

Each and every single of you have been pissing about on FM2014's editor, haven't you? You're all going to be broken men by the end of August.

Arnie

I'm going to spam the hell out of this image every time Arsenal bungle a transfer this window.

They've already let a shit load of it pass by without a fart in the general direction of progress.

Although Arsenal as a football club don't exist to progress.

Kikarian

Wenger is our King.

EDIT:

False alarm
Barzuled

Willian missed his pen worse, he's off!
Absolutely. I want Jose to sign Cuadrado and/or Sanchez and Willian could fuck right off.

Speaking of Chelsea, why haven't we got Costa yet? I'm starting to learn towards "No" since I'm not entirely convinced by him yet but still, wtf. We got Fabrecash done in a week but Costa is taking months. Has Jose changed his mind on him? If so, who is the new striker he wants? Cavani?! So many questions omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom