• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

"I have seen many good players like you and don't ask me their names."

I actually didn't know Dean was deaf either. I guess that explains why you were posting at a deaf forum though, lol.

Yeah, I had no idea either. Always wondered about the deaf forum thing.

I'm fine. I had a lot of stuff to do, most of which is fortunately behind me. I also decided to take a break from GAF for no particular reason.

Good to see you back! And taking a break is understandable. Sometimes you just need to get away for a while.

fuenf

But on the bright side Brazil beating Chile means, that there's no real threat to Germany left. It's our time. Germany 2014! Believe! Should the Germany-Brazil semi final happen, I guarantee you it wont be pretty for Brazil. It could even rival the Bayern-Barca 2013 ( or Madrid - Bayern 2014 :( ) football massacre.

fucking called it.

I love this team <3 Germany, <3 Bayern.

It was absolutely mental in the streets downtown. Wow, great experience. Fuck, why on earth do I have to be in Barcelona for the final.

Suen

Bla arguing with people calling his Asian girls 13 year olds in the WC thread :lol :lol :lol

This picture is great btw, also posted there

ZHWDB4U.jpg

doicare

Podolski is free to leave and Walcott just shredded his knee. Doubt he expects to be playing every game.

Sanchez up top solves all of this.
Podolski is pretty much in his last year with us, Santi getting on in years. Walcott coming back from a horror injury and needs to be eased back into it. Chamberlain's injury record needs improving.

Alexis is an outstanding buy.

Never forget last season where thanks to injury we started a front 4 of Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla and Rosciky with no one on the bench.
You don't know how football works is what I got from that statement. Because somehow Nani is still at United and he signed a 5 year contract despite playing fewer games than ever this season. Rosiscky too renewed and his been far from a started for several seasons. Carzola will be 32 in 2 seasons, I'm sure he'll accept a diminished role. Podolski can be replaced. Still don't quite see your point.
Cazorla wants to leave and Podolski will probably be binned as well, Wenger clearly doesn't trust him. If he promotes Gnabry then they're fine, he's probably going to play Alexis as a striker anyway.
So like i said the short answer is most of those Arsenal players i mentioned will be leaving for one reason or another over the next 1-2 seasons.

wedward

So like i said the short answer is most of those Arsenal players i mentioned will be leaving for one reason or another over the next 1-2 seasons.

Most? No. Maybe 1.

Cazorla signed an extension. Rosicky might retire in 2 years. Ox and Theo aren't going anywhere.

You really are dense.

Gambit

fucking called it.

It was absolutely mental in the streets downtown. Wow, great experience. Fuck, why on earth do I have to be in Barcelona for the final.

incredible night of football. But I am sure it'll be fun in Barcelona as well. How long are you going for? Many people?

doicare

Do you think they should add a Pause button to the Dark Souls series?
In offline mode yes, in online mode.... couldn't care less i never play it in online mode pvp sucks.
Most? No. Maybe 1.

Cazorla signed an extension. Rosicky might retire in 2 years. Ox and Theo aren't going anywhere.

You really are dense.
No, no you MUST be right, Ox and Theo will be ecstatically happy to be bench players and have their potential development ruined by not playing full games every week. The England team will also be really, really happy about this as well.

fuenf

incredible night of football. But I am sure it'll be fun in Barcelona as well. How long are you going for? Many people?

One week, from Saturday to Saturday. It's work though, I've only got my colleague to watch the games with me, but we've already begun loooking at pubs / sportsbar on the internet.

Lightning

Banned
fucking called it.

Great going!

This german team are amazing. I hope our teams meet in the final.

wedward

In offline mode yes, in online mode.... couldn't care less i never play it in online mode pvp sucks.

No, no you MUST be right, Ox and Theo will be ecstatically happy to be bench players and have their potential development ruined by not playing full games every week. The England team will also be really, really happy about this as well.

Ox has 80 apps for Arsenal before the age of 21.

Theo if healthy is a starter.

They both need to worry about staying healthy before thinking about the number of starts they get.

What aren't you getting about this?

You are assuming this is a perfect world where everyone stays healthy.

Lots of teams manage large squads and keep the majority of players happy enough.

Also lol. You think Wenger gives a shit what the FA think.

Elchele

Tomorrow is 9 de julio, day of the independence of Argentina. Obviously it is a holiday so almost nobody has to work that day; it will be very funny if they end up losing tomorrow

Gambit

One week, from Saturday to Saturday. It's work though, I've only got my colleague to watch the games with me, but we've already begun loooking at pubs / sportsbar on the internet.

sounds fun actually. Barcelona is a great city. Hope you get to see a lot it outside the work hours

Jarnet87

Tomorrow is 9 de julio, day of the independence of Argentina. Obviously it is a holiday so almost nobody has to work that day; it will be very funny if they end up losing tomorrow

Like I've said, this is Messi's tournament. It's all coming up Moyes.

Timurid

Today's result is another reason why Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world.

I really feel for the Brazilian fans. Today's performance was woeful, but I do think David Luiz will change for the better this year.

Wilbur

Banned
guys just to let you know that I have a cum infection in my mouth and I'm going to die

I didn't even get to see Vidal lift he shirt

Goodbye

fuenf

Great going!

This german team are amazing. I hope our teams meet in the final.

thanks, I'll root for Robben tommorrow.

sounds fun actually. Barcelona is a great city. Hope you get to see a lot it outside the work hours

yeah I know, but ever since I knew I would be in Barcelona on the day of the WC final I knew we would win it. actually think I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the city though.

Barzul

Today's result is another reason why Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world.

I really feel for the Brazilian fans. Today's performance was woeful, but I do think David Luiz will change for the better this year.
I see you're in the bargaining stage.

Jarnet87

Very sad to see Evra go.

Will Juve even play him. I mean he's rubbish now.

probably, he can still get up and down the wing with some pace. I think the last few years have worn him down a ton. We never gave him enough rest, and the left side of our attack has been abysmal for 3-4 seasons now. The guy basically had to defend and attack on his side with zero help. Anytime Ashley Young played the shit would stop, pass it back to Evra, Receive it and then make some shit pass where Evra had to sprint to try and recover it.

Honestly? I don't think so. He'll be Lucio'd.

A training session or two with Conte and he won't even be named in the squad.

Maybe he's not as bad as we sometimes make out but it just seems odd. He is old and not very good, although he might do better with a stronger defensive unit around him. He will be a great influence though...if you need that. And he's boys with Pogba.

It makes me feel a bit better about trying to get Vermaelen though. CB and LB cover also. So we can get him and Hummels both. Seems legit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
probably, he can still get up and down the wing with some pace. I think the last few years have worn him down a ton. We never gave him enough rest, and the left side of our attack has been abysmal for 3-4 seasons now. The guy basically had to deal with the left side of the pitch solo.
If he can't defend he won't play

If he makes a couple of mistakes per game he won't play

If he switches off during set pieces he won't play

If he doesn't speak Italian, he won't play in defence.

doicare

Ox has 80 apps for Arsenal before the age of 21.

Theo if healthy is a starter.

What aren't you getting about this?

You are assuming this is a perfect world where everyone stays healthy.
And now Wenger has bought Ozil and from the looks of things Sanchez do you think Theo and Ox will get any where near as many games lol?

If Wenger bought Sanchez with the intention of playing him in not his best position but instead wants to convert him in to a lone striker then lets see what happens. But if Wenger bought him to play as one of the 3 behind a striker which is where he's played nearly his entire career then somebody else is going to lose their place, it's really simple.

Hoping that everybody is just going to have the right amount of injuries so that's the reason they don't play and they think once they come back from injury they're going in to the first team which will keep them happy and not want to leave is a really stupid idea to try and pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom