• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Hopefully Löw will have a plan if Holland is making it to the finals, Özil and Höwedes against Kuit and Robben could be ugly.
Think they'll have a much easier time than you think. That German machine is well oiled. Can't see past them for the cup. Besides Holland have Vlaar as their main starter.

Hixx

The distant echo
Of faraway voices boarding faraway trains
To take them home to
The ones that they love and who love them forever
The glazed, dirty steps, repeat my own and reflect my thoughts
Cold and uninviting, partially naked
Except for toffee wrappers and this morning's paper
Mr. Jones got run down
Headlines of death and sorrow, they tell of tomorrow
Madmen on the rampage
And I'm down in the tube station at midnight
I fumble for change, and pull out the Queen
Smiling, beguiling
I put in the money and pull out a plum
Behind me
Whispers in the shadows, gruff blazing voices
Hating, waiting
"hey boy" they shout, "have you got any money?"
And I said, "I've a little money and a take away curry,
I'm on my way home to my wife.
She'll be lining up the cutlery,
You know she's expecting me
Polishing the glasses and pulling out the cork"

I first felt a fist, and then a kick
I could now smell their breath
They smelt of pubs and wormwood scrubs
And too many right wing meetings
My life swam around me
It took a look and drowned me in its own existence
The smell of brown leather
It blended in with the weather
It filled my eyes, ears, nose and mouth
It blocked all my senses
Couldn't see, hear, speak any longer
I said I was down in the tube station at midnight

The last thing that I saw
As I lay there on the floor
Was "Jesus saves" painted by an atheist nutter
And a British rail poster read "have an away day, a cheap holiday
Do it today!"
I glanced back on my life
And thought about my wife
Cause they took the keys, and she'll think it's me
The wine will be flat and the curry's gone cold
I'm down in the tube station at midnight
Don't want to go down in a tube station at midnight

at 20

goat song writer

trend setter

icon

110_large.jpg

paul weller
p0QHO.gif

Scum

Tomorrow is 9 de julio, day of the independence of Argentina. Obviously it is a holiday so almost nobody has to work that day; it will be very funny if they end up losing tomorrow

Jinx, that is. They're tomorrow at the hands of Robben.

Very sad to see Evra go.

Will Juve even play him. I mean he's rubbish now.

Eh? I thought he'd sign an extension to his contract??

Jarnet87

If he can't defend he won't play

If he makes a couple of mistakes per game he won't play

If he switches off during set pieces he won't play

If he doesn't speak Italian, he won't play in defence.

You've got the Italian league sown up for another year or two. Doesn't matter if Evra fuks up or not.

Pennywise

Think they'll have a much easier time than you think. That German machine is well oiled. Can't see past them for the cup. Besides Holland have Vlaar as their main starter.

Robben is on another level compared to Brazil,Algeria and even the wingers of Ghana.
As much as I hate him, he's the best winger this tournament.

Our left side is still vulnerable, so I'm curious.

By the way, Hummels said he got problems with his knee.
Not sure what exactly it is, they're going to find out tomorrow.
It needs intensive treatment and if he can't train on saturday, he's not gonna make it.

Ugh...hopefully he will make it.

Germany 2-1 Algeria
Germany 1-0 France

Just because they played a team that refused to defend doesn't mean that they're suddenly unbeatable, they're still the best team left but Brazil made them look better than they are.

wedward

Hoping that everybody is just going to have the right amount of injuries so that's the reason they don't play and they think once they come back from injury they're going in to the first team which will keep them happy and not want to leave is a really stupid idea to try and pull off.

Better than passing on a top class player because doicare looked into his crystal ball and saw that Ox is going to throw a hissy fit because he isn't getting enough games.

There are plenty of games for everyone.

I'm not worried about it. Wenger isn't worried about it. You probably have bigger things to worry about.

omgkitty

Better than passing on a top class player because doicare looked into his crystal ball and saw that Ox is going to throw a hissy fit because he isn't getting enough games.

I'm not worried about it. Wenger isn't worried about it. You probably have bigger things to worry about.

The "what ever are we going to do?!?!?! We have too many good players!" argument is a dumb one. The cream rises to the top, and if it helps us win more games and someone is pushed out in the cold because they play like shit, well it's good we had someone in front of them right?

wedward

The "what ever are we going to do?!?!?! We have too many good players!" argument is a dumb one. The cream rises to the top, and if it helps us win more games and someone is pushed out in the cold because they play like shit, well it's good we had someone in front of them right?

I wonder what he thought when they bought Mata.

Actually I don't. Time for the ignore list.

doicare

If you think Ox and Theo are going to be happy to be bench players then you're in for a rude awakening, your only hope is either they have no ambition and will just take a pay check to sit on the bench and ruin their careers or they both get injured a lot. Good luck with that.

wedward

If you think Ox and Theo are going to be happy to be bench players then you're in for a rude awakening, your only hope is either they have no ambition and will just take a pay check to sit on the bench and ruin their careers or they both get injured a lot. Good luck with that.

I think we will manage.

Window isn't even over yet. We have yet to play a single game. I am not going to sit here and "but what if..." with you all night.

doicare

I never wanted Mata because United already have too many players in that position and i still think he was a stupid buy made out of desperation because United were doing so badly.

And lol same old gaf, can't beat me in a logical conversation so somebody has to block me because they can't take the truth.

Lightning

Banned

The funny thing is people have forgotten when we fielded Giroud, Rosciky, Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta and Kallstrom as our entire midfield/forward line because we had so many injuries.

Suen

Today's result is another reason why Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world.

I really feel for the Brazilian fans. Today's performance was woeful, but I do think David Luiz will change for the better this year.
50 million hahaha. Your club is a bunch of dumb oily cunts. There's no way you can justify that price in any way.

wedward

I never wanted Mata because United already have too many players in that position and i still think he was a stupid buy made out of desperation because United were doing so badly.

And lol same old gaf, can't beat me in a logical conversation so somebody has to block me because they can't take the truth.

How do you argue with someone who is just saying "what if" while acting like there are no variables to a season?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

You prefer Dark Souls offline, I can't take you seriously anymore.

Lightning

Banned

You're being a tad naive. Wenger sought out Sanchez very early in this window so he obviously has a plan for him. Walcott will take months to get his fitness and confidence back after such an injury, Wenger changed formation last season when Sanogo played so no proof that he won't again, Rosciky is basically a fill in player and accepts that role. Podolski moans a lot about being subbed or not playing, he's expected to go at the end of the season. Cazorla can play most positions.

Ox is basically the only player affected by this move.

doicare

The funny thing is people have forgotten when we fielded Giroud, Rosciky, Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta and Kallstrom as our entire midfield/forward line because we had so many injuries.
So every team should buy 3 times as many world class players as they really need just in case they have a really bad injury crisis, i'm sure that'll work out fine when the majority of the time all the players aren't badly injured.
How do you argue with someone who is just saying "what if" while acting like there are no variables to a season?
So far you have zero proof that Wenger is going to play Sanchez as a striker, and at the same time as that it is normal that players aren't injured the majority of the time, banking on players to be injured all the time so everybody feels like they are first choice when they are fit is beyond dumb. How do you argue with somebody who takes unlikely variables and pretends that's the norm and you should build your team around that?
You prefer Dark Souls offline, I can't take you seriously anymore.
The combat in Dark Souls is so basic and boring, why would i want to play more of it against people online who just spam the same boring moves over and over again?

doicare

You're being a tad naive. Wenger sought out Sanchez very early in this window so he obviously has a plan for him. Walcott will take months to get his fitness and confidence back after such an injury, Wenger changed formation last season when Sanogo played so no proof that he won't again, Rosciky is basically a fill in player and accepts that role. Podolski moans a lot about being subbed or not playing, he's expected to go at the end of the season. Cazorla can play most positions.

Ox is basically the only player affected by this move.
So in short like i said if Sanchez is bought and plays where he normally plays then other players such as Podolski and Ox will end up leaving.

wedward

So every team should buy 3 times as many world class players as they really need just in case they have a really bad injury crisis, i'm sure that'll work out fine the majority of the time all the players aren't badly injured.

So far you have zero proof that Wenger is going to play Sanchez as a striker, and at the same time as that it is normal that players aren't injured the majority of the time, banking on players to be injured all the time so everybody feels like they are first choice when they are fit is beyond dumb. How do you argue with somebody who takes unlikely variables and pretends that's the norm and you should build your team around that?

The combat in Dark Souls is so basic and boring, why would i want to play more of it against people online who just spam the same boring moves over and over again?

We aren't banking on everyone being injured at the same time.

You are like that kid who has no friends and blames it on everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom