• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
So in short like i said if Sanchez is bought and plays where he normally plays than other players such as Podolski and Ox will end up leaving.
Podolski is already guaranteed to leave regardless. He's not part of our starting lineup even without Sanchez. Fact is, Sanchez upgrades no matter who he replaces (with the exception of Ozil but he's not replacing Ozil) so either way it goes it's a win for Arsenal. We also have Joel Campbell who can play up front.

Marc

Do you think they should add a Pause button to the Dark Souls series?

Just discussing this on whatsapp.... yes! I can't tell how long I have played as I get chunks of time to play and leave it on to come back to.

I play offline a lot too because of this. :(

Scum

Jedward and Lightning, pls.

zknS7MG.png

Wilbur

Banned
He is nicknamed 'Der Rabe' - 'The Raven' - in Germany for his smart and opportunistic play but Mesut Ozil looks like a player who is searching for his footballing soul at the moment.

Rather than floating around the pitch and taking every chance available to slot inch-perfect passes through the eye of a needle as the world knows he can, Ozil ran from side-to-side like a lost and confused child before continuously and clumsily losing possession against Brazil.

Despite playing the full 90 minutes during Germany's 7-0 World Cup semi-final demolition of the hosts, Ozil contributed very little other than a simple assist for Sami Khedira to add Die Mannschaft's fifth.

He was lethargic, wasteful in possession and largely absent from Germany's regular counter-attacks that caused havoc in and around a shambolic Brazilian defence.

The 25-year-old did not need to be at his dazzling and classy best for Germany to win this match, but he was fairly non-existent and non-descript. He seems happy just to stroll around the pitch and allow the ball to come to him rather than go searching for the telling contribution he is so capable of producing.

And when Ozil horribly spurned an easy one-on-one with Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar in the 90th-minute - putting the ball two yards wide of the far post - it sort of summed up his match and also his last six months.

Some may argue that he did in fact live up to his nickname and that it was smart and opportunistic not to waste precious energy in a match that Germany won at a canter - having scored five goals within 29 minutes - but the midfielder surely cannot be satisfied with his own personal contribution.

doicare

We aren't banking on everyone being injured at the same time.

You are like that kid who has no friends and blames it on everyone else.
Either most of your players get injured every year so you need that many players, several world class players are happy to ruin their careers by sitting on the subs bench and not get enough game time, or players leave because they don't want to sit on the bench. Take your pick, that's the reality of the situation.

wedward

You guys realise doicare is right, right?

If you actually took time to read his posts and not just ignore his points you'd see.

Doicare's mom gave him too much positive reinforcement as a child. Probably thinks he is the only logical person on earth and the rest of us are deluded plebs.

Wilbur

Banned
Ozil was fine tonight. Probably the worst German player apart from Howedes, but worst as in least good as opposed to bad. He was fine

I just thought that article was funny

doicare

Podolski is already guaranteed to leave regardless. He's not part of our starting lineup even without Sanchez. Fact is, Sanchez upgrades no matter who he replaces (with the exception of Ozil but he's not replacing Ozil) so either way it goes it's a win for Arsenal. We also have Joel Campbell who can play up front.
The point i'm making is that it'll be more than just Podolski that'll end up leaving.

Lightning

Banned

If you actually took time to read his posts and not just ignore his points you'd see.
I know what he's saying. Cazorla or Podolski are likely to leave with Sanchez arrival. Something few Arsenal fans will care about because Sanchez upgrades the crap out of both of them.

Sanchez is an amazing buy. You get Suarez.

The point i'm making is that it'll be more than just Podolski that'll end up leaving.
Possibly yeah but only the not good enough players will leave. Walcott won't leave and neither will Ox as they will get their games. Cazorla and Podolski are the likely ones along with Rosciky's retirement. He's a huge improvement is the main point.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The hate for Ozil is off the charts. At least he's better and more useful than Mata, Kagawa, Fellaini and Gotze combined innit

I don't think he was ever wrong

K1LLER7

Think that's harsh in Ozil. The Entire Germany midfield was great today, including Ozil. Some great link up between him and Khedira.

Khedira was MOTM imo. Madrid will be crazy to sell both him and Di Maria in the same summer. Both bring energy and run their socks off for the team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really am going to die
Why? At least wait till you announce Vidal

Obviously, I think the dark souls chat killed him... can't cum to terms with it.

Btw, doicare no doubt puts all his souls on luck. Still can't get past the skeletons but dies in very lucky ways.
Ahahahahahaha oh man that's good

Is Brian fighting the good NO PAUSE fight? Who else is on team pause? The Pokemon guys I assume

Barzul

I never wanted Mata because United already have too many players in that position and i still think he was a stupid buy made out of desperation because United were doing so badly.

And lol same old gaf, can't beat me in a logical conversation so somebody has to block me because they can't take the truth.
Your not speaking the truth though. That would have to mean that you have some kind of prof that those players won't get adequate playing time, which you don't. Your arguments are weak.

doicare

Everyone leaves at some point.

In fact. This whole squad will leave at some point.

Whoa.
Eventually we all die, so really what's the point in anything? My collection of toast with burnt bits on it that resemble all 238 episodes of Friends will live on tho.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Khedira flatters to deceive again

Brazil were shit by default, were they even outplayed? You tell me

doicare

Your not speaking the truth though. That would have to mean that you have some kind of prof that those players won't get adequate playing time, which you don't. Your arguments are weak.
Ozil and Sanchez are going to be first choice and play most of the season, that leaves one spot for Theo, Ox and Cazorla to fight over and that already completely ignores that Podolski and Rosicky exist. Apart from wishing for serious injuries to Ozil and Sanchez the best case scenario for Theo, Ox and Cazorla is they'll only get to play for a third of the season each. And lol how could i forget, where the hell does Jack Wilshire fit in to this clusterfuck, he played most of last season in one of the front 3 positions behind the striker.

Barzul

Doicare get this. Sanchez is better than every forward we have right now. I don't care what happens in a year or in 2 years from now. Players can be sold and replaced. Our players aren't the greatest anyways hence our regular 4th place finishes. I wonder why did you start this argument? It seems really pointless. Poldi could leave, fine. Walcott could leave fine, Ox could leave, Cazorla could leave. But ultimately we're talking in hypotheticals, none if it is grounded in fact.

Look,

I'm not saying that Kroos to Madrid is a bad idea, per se.

It's just that Kroos doesn't seem like the kind of player Pulga wouldn't bitch about.

wedward

Ozil and Sanchez are going to be first choice and play most of the season, that leaves one spot for Theo, Ox and Cazorla to fight over and that already completely ignores that Podolski and Rosicky exist. Apart from wishing for serious injuries to Ozil and Sanchez the best case scenario for Theo, Ox and Cazorla is they'll only get to play for a third of the season each. And lol how could i forget, where the hell does Jack Wilshire fit in to this clusterfuck, he played most of last season in one of the front 3 positions behind the striker.

He plays where Ramsey plays or next to Ramsey. He will also be leaving. At this rate we will only have 11 players. If only Wenger listened to doicare.

Jarnet87

Cleverly and Anderson would of had a good game tonight with the space Brazil was giving the Germans.

J/K Cleverly would of still went sideways.

doicare

He plays where Ramsey plays or next to Ramsey. He will also be leaving. At this rate we will only have 11 players. If only Wenger listened to doicare.
Wilshere played more games as one of the 3 behind the striker last year then he played in centre mid.
Doicare get this. Sanchez is better than every forward we have right now. I don't care what happens in a year or in 2 years from now. Players can be sold and replaced. Our players aren't the greatest anyways hence our regular 4th place finishes. I wonder why did you start this argument? It seems really pointless. Poldi could leave, fine. Walcott could leave fine, Ox could leave, Cazorla could leave. But ultimately we're talking in hypotheticals, none if it is grounded in fact.
And this post goes out to both of you because honestly you're both talking about real life football as if you're playing a game of football manager or something lol. You can't just go out and buy slightly better world class players and bench all the world class players you already have and expect them to be happy sat on the bench. It's just a fact of life, most of them will want to leave and it's asinine to argue otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom