• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
They don't need him right now.

I can't really see where any massive improvements need to be made for Madrid, not like Barca anyway. You could argue they need a new goalkeeper, but Lopez is class. Varane will be ready to play regularly now.

I guess they just have to replace Alonso, as Khedira isn't that man and Illarra needs to step up.

pulga

Banned
I fucking hate that club.

The cream of the crop at their beck and call, with no need to worry about affording them.

Cunts.

u-jelly.jpg

They don't need him right now.

I can't really see where any massive improvements need to be made for Madrid, not like Barca anyway. You could argue they need a new goalkeeper, but Lopez is class. Varane will be ready to play regularly now.

I guess they just have to replace Alonso, as Khedira isn't that man and Illarra needs to step up.

as if needing anyone has ever stopped God lol

Clegg

Sign another decent midfielder and centre back and I think we're sorted for this summer. Still need to find some proper wingers but that can wait.

Amazing what getting some transfer business done early can do for your outlook on next season.

Wilbur

Banned
u-jelly.jpg

as if needing anyone has ever stopped God lol

Oh I know, but I mean your reaction :lol. Obviously you wouldn't turn down a player of Hummus' class, but what would it mean for Isco? Don't you love him too, my darling Ale?

Sign another decent midfielder and centre back and I think we're sorted for this summer. Still need to find some proper wingers but that can wait.

Amazing what getting some transfer business done early can do for your outlook on next season.

I'm well excited. Obviously nowhere near the safety of another Fergie season, but after last year where the season started with fear and trepidation, I'm really excited to get going.

Walshy

When Suarez goes, it has been suggested that unless Sanchez is apart of the deal, Liverpool won't be open to negotiations with Barcelona. If the deal for Suarez goes through, which I expect it will, it will leave Liverpool's attacking options as: Sturridge, Sanchez, Lallana, Markovic, Suso, Lambert, Sterling and Origi.

I still think Liverpool need another another established striker to replace Suarez's goals within the team. I have no idea though who they could get though.

pulga

Banned
AS have gone full muppet mode over RUMBOOOOO

gWJuzSA.png

Oh I know, but I mean your reaction :lol. Obviously you wouldn't turn down a player of Hummus' class, but what would it mean for Isco? Don't you love him too, my darling Ale?.

---Ronaldo - Falcao -- Bale
Isco - Pogba - Di Maria - James
---Marcelo - Varane - Ramos
--------------Lopez

hnnNhnGNngBNhnGbnGBNBGG

EDIT: WAIT FUCK I FORGOT MODRIC NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wilbur

Banned
When Suarez goes, it has been suggested that unless Sanchez is apart of the deal, Liverpool won't be open to negotiations with Barcelona. If the deal for Suarez goes through, which I expect it will, it will leave Liverpool's attacking options as: Sturridge, Sanchez, Lallana, Markovic, Suso, Lambert, Sterling and Origi.

I still think Liverpool need another another established striker to replace Suarez's goals within the team. I have no idea though who they could get though.

If you got all of those players, another striker would be overkill. You'd lose Suarez and be making up his goals with everyone you've just listed. Suso's already pretty extraneous at this point.

Only semi-realistic one is Cavani if PSG consider him expendable for FFP. He doesn't look particularly good though whenever I watch him, certainly not good enough to play as anything other than a striker who basically stands in the box waiting for chances to present themselves

Call me a twat, but I still think Soldado could be a good PL striker in the right team, and with some confidence. Obviously even if Rodgers agreed, Spurs wouldn't sell to us, and he'd be too expensive even if they would for someone who had such a terrible year and would be a huge risk.

edit: Surely it's become Sanchez or Markovic or Shaqiri?

Arnie

Nah it's Markovic and Sanchez. Or Markovic and Suarez.

If Suarez leaves, Sanchez comes. And if Sanchez comes, along with the other attacking additions I think we'll be ok. Definitely a step down, but I think we're set for the next few years, especially with Origi to return next summer.

pulga

Banned
Diego Lugano isn't quite finished yet:

“It’s a breach of human rights that a player cannot go into a stadium where there are 80,000 people or into a hotel with his team-mates, that he cannot work for four months,” declared Lugano. “He has done wrong, but this is barbarity. Not even a criminal would receive this penalty.”

Just shut the fuck up already you deluded old labia stench

If Suarez leaves, Sanchez comes. And if Sanchez comes, along with the other attacking additions I think we'll be ok. Definitely a step down, but I think we're set for the next few years, especially with Origi to return next summer.

Sanchez ain't gonna move to Liverpool mate

Has Origi got
#big#black#
legs? Can't be bothered to keep up with transfer speculation this year

Surprised Lallana's not confirmed yet, guessing it'll be done tomorrow and everyone's got the day off since there's no rush to get that signed and sealed

Suarez joins Liverpool in January 2011, halfway through a ban for biting an opponent
Suarez leaves Liverpool in July 2014, halfway through a ban for biting an opponent

Time is a flat circle

Arnie

If you guys don't Sanchez and Luis still heads to Barca... oh the meltdowns.

Hope someone in the prem does.
I really don't think Barca will pay the £85 million otherwise.

Barcelona will make the Sanchez deal happen, they know it's the only way.
Has Origi got
#big#black#
legs? Can't be bothered to keep up with transfer speculation this year

Surprised Lallana's not confirmed yet, guessing it'll be done tomorrow and everyone's got the day off since there's no rush to get that signed and sealed
Origi is as good as done.

Lallana is done (announced tomorrow).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

You're absolutely right, but will Sanchez make it happen? He could pull a Kagawa and refuse to move altogether.

Origi is as good as done.

Lallana is done (announced tomorrow).

its a weird situation, Suarez has a ban, which makes keeping him annoying, but thats also the same for any buying team, however LFC have stood by him before and any potential buyer will remember this.
Barca have that ban which will come into force next year (you can say they will win the appeal but as of now they cant guarantee that so cant take such a risk.)
LFC would need a replacement for Suarez no doubt, and LFC want Sanchez and Barca knows this too. Barca also cant afford to pay for Suarez in full cash.
So they could sell Sanchez and use that money to just buy him outright but in this situation LFC would resist (like last year) and i'm sure Suarez wouldnt want to leave LFC with a major gap in attack, especially after getting that ban, he knows we stuck by him and it seems LFC would do so again.

so it's a weird situation

Replaying FM2014 and I actually empathising with Moyes now. 2 good expensive strikers, 2 good attacking midfielders and 3 shitty wingers.

I couldn't make it work.

subtles

Lambda said the Markovic deal would never happen. This is a blessing of a magnitude that of which cannot be transcribed.

Let's get our business done by preseason, please.

Brendan has quite a bit of face touching to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom