• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
So who leaves the current top 4 after LVG brings United back to the top again?

I'm thinking Liverpool (if they lose Suarez)

I want to see ArseGAF meltdown

Maybe then theyll finally see the light and fire that senile baguette

174611.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The bite is a blessing in disguise for Liverpool

Now they can just keep him for another season without feeling guilty

Clegg

Watching the Premiership Years on SS1. Showing the 06/07 season when Ronaldo cemented himself as one of the worlds best. That United team was so good.

Also the season when Tevez kept West Ham up and Warnock went nuclear. I enjoyed that.

WJD

Definitely can't see us going in for Sanchez, or any kind of forward really. Another CM and a CB sound nailed on though.

Manager

So who leaves the current top 4 after LVG brings United back to the top again?

I'm thinking Liverpool (if they lose Suarez)

It seems a bit like many Liverpool fans have forgotten what CL does to your squad. Preparing for matches, travelling all over Europe. It's not just about signing a couple of squad players and think that the problem's fixed.

Plus, they were "lucky" to crash out of cups early last season. More squad players means they'll probably stay longer in those too. The fixtures and travels will pile up, no more 7 days preparation for a PL tie.

Done some mapping in my mind innit.

Let's hope Sanchez wants to go to Arsenal. But Liverpool won't sell Suarez unless they get Sanchez. Suarez stays. Sanchez stays. Arsenal sign no one. Suarez out til November. Loses his head. Bites Pardew on his first game back. LIFETIME BAN. Vidal.

3rd spot.

Things on track so far.

Arnie

Double page spread on Liverpool's new Belgian sensation in the Independent. Mad how this lad came out of nowhere.

And Manager, :lol, I grew up watching Liverpool balance Champions League and domestic competitions, I know what it does to a squad.

pulga

Banned
Done some mapping in my mind innit.

Let's hope Sanchez wants to go to Arsenal. But Liverpool won't sell Suarez unless they get Sanchez. Suarez stays. Sanchez stays. Arsenal sign no one. Suarez out til November. Loses his head. Bites Pardew on his first game back. LIFETIME BAN. Vidal.

3rd spot.

Things on track so far.

m8 youre delusional already and ramadan has barely started

pls go smell chicken fumes at least

you dont want to end up like elsk

Tc91

Definitely can't see us going in for Sanchez, or any kind of forward really. Another CM and a CB sound nailed on though.

Same, think if we bring in a winger it will be Depay.

1 CB maybe 2? I saw links about Janmaat but he's a right back and Rafael can't go ;_; + a certain Chilean CM.

Double page spread on Liverpool's new Belgian sensation in the Independent. Mad how this lad came out of nowhere.

And Manager, :lol, I grew up watching Liverpool balance Champions League and domestic competitions, I know what it does to a squad.

Ive honestly never heard of Origi. I'm not some dweeb who googles the top scorer charts across Europe to find out who unknown players are so I can say, oh I've heard of him - but I like to think I know a fair bit about football and I always assign scouts to France on FM.

Who the fuck is Origi. He looks like Lukaku but with quick feet. Brendan no :(

WJD

Same, think if we bring in a winger it will be Depay.

1 CB maybe 2? I saw links about Janmaat but he's a right back and Rafael can't go ;_; + a certain Chilean CM.

Would be well happy selling Young and/or Nani and getting Depay but again, I think it's a link that's only cropped up due to his nationality.

Tc91

Would be well happy selling Young and/or Nani and getting Depay but again, I think it's a link that's only cropped up due to his nationality.

Yeah I think that too we'll just have to see after the WC.

I saw in the dailyfail:

"United swoop I" - Kuyt :loooooooool
"United swoop II" - De Jong 30m :looooooool
"United swoop III" - Janmaat

Why don't they just say we are buying the whole Dutch squad, shoddy stuff.

m8 youre delusional already and ramadan has barely started

pls go smell chicken fumes at least

you dont want to end up like elsk

:lol

I should probably just send my lunch money to elsk for the month.

He can eat a mango a day until August. He'll turn orange.

Clegg

Yeah I think that too we'll just have to see after the WC.

I saw in the dailyfail:

"United swoop I" - Kuyt :loooooooool
"United swoop II" - De Jong 30m :looooooool
"United swoop III" - Janmaat

Why don't they just say we are buying the whole Dutch squad, shoddy stuff.
£30m for De Jong was a misprint.

The figure mentioned in the article is £10m.

Arnie

Why did you take it as a personal insult?
I didn't.

I just used myself as an example for why I think your opinion is naive.

Despite City's brief cameo in the competition Liverpool fans are equally if not more aware of what a gruelling European campaign can do to your league aspirations.
Ive honestly never heard of Origi. I'm not some dweeb who googles the top scorer charts across Europe to find out who unknown players are so I can say, oh I've heard of him - but I like to think I know a fair bit about football and I always assign scouts to France on FM.

Who the fuck is Origi. He looks like Lukaku but with quick feet. Brendan no :(
Street baller. Plays along the forward line, can play 10. Liverpool have scouted him for a long time. Vertonghen said "Januzaj is someone a bit like Origi". His dad's called Mike.

Brb reading the piece.

K1LLER7

That's less than Bayern's offer iirc

Sanchez and Vidal both have the same agent btw!
Hmm maybe we want both ;)

But mate, that's the first offer. We can go up to £300.000. Say your goodbyes. Woodwards on a roll this year and ain't nobody stopping him.

ed-woodward-manchester-united-executive-vice-chairman_3046697.jpg

From what my scouts gather, Origi is really good friends with Adnan. There are cliques in the Belgium team.

Adnan, Origi, Fellaini, Hazard, Fellaini, Witsel, Van De Boring and Lukaku is one of them. The one with Kompany is fucking shite. Boring cunts that clique is.

I like how playing 40 matches in France is now considered coming out of nowhere. Truly no one watches that shit.

Clegg

Speaking of DM, how does Carrick seem to cope with age during last season? Does he seem to regress or changing playing style?
Carrick was very poor last season. Although I think that may have something to do with the complete lack of attacking movement in front of him. There was an awful lot of sideways and backwards passing. Lot of misplaced passes too which isn't something you'd usually associate with him.

He's a deep lying midfielder anyway but I suppose you can classify him as a purely defensive midfielder albeit an unorthodox one. He's very good at winning the ball back through intercepting possession rather than tackling. I hope a new manager and better midfield partner in Herrera will help him get back on track.

pappe

Footygaf has gone full on muppet mode.

I love it.

Bring me Vidal Hamez and Sanchez Woodie.

UNITED WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP.

Going to be keeping a keen eye on De Jong come tea time.

Coming around to it fast. In lieu of my post yesterday about us needing a few midfielders De Jong represents a good option. Was quite good at City. Also a total thug and knob, much needed. £10m sounds like #value.

K1LLER7

Speaking of DM, how does Carrick seem to cope with age during last season? Does he seem to regress or changing playing style?
He'll most likely play in the deepest midfield role to help the defence and start attacks. A Busquets-ish role in 4-3-3. He can do it well and has great range to his passing when on form. However, we really need to find a replacement for him now that he's nearing his mid 30s

WJD

He was shite but it's hard to say whether it was age related or Moyes related. If we're moving more in line with a 4-3-3 he might find a way to the top of his game again.

Carrick, Herrera, Mata could be a pretty decent midfield even if we didn't sign anyone.

edit: christ I'm on the same wavelength as Killer

From what my scouts gather, Origi is really good friends with Adnan. There are cliques in the Belgium team.

Adnan, Origi, Fellaini, Hazard, Fellaini, Witsel, Van De Boring and Lukaku is one of them. The one with Kompany is fucking shite. Boring cunts that clique is.

I didn't know there were two Fellainis.

Is the other one the actual talented midfielder who played for Everton before?

Carrick was shit all of his own accord.

Was very disappointing considering the season previous.

He'll move to Newcastle next summer on a free.

Arnie

James is another example of this.
Nah everyone new Hames from his time at Porto.

This Origi piece ends with a sentence about Lukaku shitting himself. "Other players know when they see a future threat."

Also Independent saying United want De Jong, too. Odd signing. Weird. Not entirely convincing.

Carrick was very poor last season. Although I think that may have something to do with the complete lack of attacking movement in front of him. There was an awful lot of sideways and backwards passing. Lot of misplaced passes too which isn't something you'd usually associate with him.

He's a deep lying midfielder anyway but I suppose you can classify him as a purely defensive midfielder albeit an unorthodox one. He's very good at winning the ball back through intercepting possession rather than tackling. I hope a new manager and better midfield partner in Herrera will help him get back on track.

Honestly, almost all of our players were poor last season. Rafael, Carrick, RVP, Rooney were just shadows of themselves.

K1LLER7

He was shite but it's hard to say whether it was age related or Moyes related. If we're moving more in line with a 4-3-3 he might find a way to the top of his game again.

Carrick, Herrera, Mata could be a pretty decent midfield even if we didn't sign anyone.

edit: christ I'm on the same wavelength as Killer
My ITK protégé :*)

Carrick, Herrera, Mata is too lightweight. Mata is shit defensively too innit that's why we got him in the first place.

Bin Carrick. Sorry m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom