• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Still can't believe Wenger said no to Fabregas.

Still mad to me

Unless he's got some fucking top transfers lined up (and so far doesn't seem so) that has to be even for recent Arsenal transfer business completely brain dead

But hey we signed Billy bloody Clarke some I'm happy as a pig in shit.

ATF487

I'm hanging my hat on the idea that Barcelona would rather deal Sanchez when they know they have a replacement lined up, even if that replacement would cost them more money, is banned for the beginning of the season and can't stop biting people.

Barzul

I'm going to spam the hell out of this image every time Arsenal bungle a transfer this window.

They've already let a shit load of it pass by without a fart in the general direction of progress.

Although Arsenal as a football club don't exist to progress.

While Liverpool constantly bottle league challenge after league challenge. What's it now 24 years?

Talon

174611.jpg
Oh my God. This is fantastic.

K1LLER7

Non Muslim but I am doing it for kicks I am drinking though, i train twice a day so I need the hydration.
Yeah you'll need the water then. No gym for me.

Fast Started 02:11am and finishes 21:44pm.

Long day.

Shaqiri is fasting I think.

Brazils heat will kill him when he plays. :(
There'll be others too. Pretty much most if not all of Algeria's team. Ozil usually fasts too if I remember correctly. Though some don't fast if they have a match and then can keep it at a later date.

Should be smaller fasting periods for those in Brazil as it's winter over there.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This window could be obscene, such a mix of emotions, happiness at our deals but still, some of the names our competition is spouting. We have a small, well actually quite noticeable plus of no CL football in regards to the league, means we can get away with a smaller squad. Still, if Liverpool and Arsenal go ham we will need to get some more in, those two are the competition for that juicy 4th.

Lightning

Banned
Jesus christ if we don't sign Sanchez... we surely have the upper hand with Suarez, no??
Really depends on what the deal is, what other clubs are offering Sanchez and Barca, as Liverpool will take money so if they get enough from somewhere else or if Liverpool knock 40m off the Suarez price to account for Sanchez.

But if Liverpool want 80-100m then they can forget it because no matter the scenario I just can't see Barca paying that much. 30m + Sanchez is what I reckon the highest Barca would go.

pulga

Banned
50+

And would have to give 150k+ wages

Bale - Rodriguez - Ronaldo
-------- Goatzema ----------

Scary attack.

hnnngggg but that would mean reverting to 4-2-3-1

which means di maria out

which is something im not ready for

and fuck what do we do with isco lol

K1LLER7

hnnngggg but that would mean reverting to 4-2-3-1

which means di maria out

which is something im not ready for

and fuck what do we do with isco lol
DC's still waiting to hold a party for Isco in Manchester.

Di Maria bench or send him off to Arsenal for 40m.

Benzema stays though.

Meier

Each and every single of you have been pissing about on FM2014's editor, haven't you? You're all going to be broken men by the end of August.

It's funny, I've played like 2000 hours of FM in the past 4 seasons and never touched the editor. Don't even know how to access it.

Monaco paid £38m for James. He would cost £65-70m at a minimum now. But they won't sell any time soon. Why would they?

K1LLER7

Would rather see James in the PL but he's destined for La Liga.

It'll be James vs Neymar soon :(

Bale is better than both at the moment though.

Yen

Has that "buy a WiiU game, get another free" deal ended?
Got a deposit back from uni accommodation, and could be tempted to buy a WiiU if there was a good enough deal. £240 though? Nah

inky

I bought FM 2013 during the steam summer sale last year. It's so deep I just didn't have the patience to learn it's systems.

It's not that hard tbh. The good thing about the game is that you can be as hands on or hands off on the game as you want. You can analyze every little aspect of every team and player and set up training and tactics for each game, or delegate most of it and just name the squad and do the transfers. Once the game has its hooks on you tho, its pretty hard to stop.

I own FM 2012 only, and played it for months to the point that I didn't buy 2013 because I was seriously wasting too much time with it. It has that Civilization "just one more turn" effect, so when I found myself playing it on Mondays at 3 am I knew I had to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom