• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel a bit for Coutinho

Obviously he wasn't consistent enough last season to nail down a first 11 spot this season, but he's going to get fuck all gametime if we make the transfers we seem to be trying to make

If De Jong leaves Milan I will be so upset. I am planning on buying his shirt this year.

jmwekAHVc98cp.jpg

iRSE6Jqj0HXqO.png

Please, please don't hype up Astori. He is terrible.

Suen

Modric is coming to Chelsea, when Ramires goes to Madrid.
Ramires to Madrid would be jokes :lol.
It will happen when he scores the winning goal in the WC final

Glad James and Falcao both are interested in Madrid, both are great players but I don't think we're in need of both. I do want Falcao badly at Madrid though so if he could get back in form I'd sell Benz and take Falcao. Still you have to factor Bale and Ronaldo in this, playing with all three up there sounds amazing but at least one of them won't be scoring as many goals as he want. Not anyone of them want to be an assist-machine only, Bale used to pass Ronaldo the ball much more at the start of his season but anyone that followed Madrid's games saw that he gradually changed and started scoring more when he could.

Not sure about James at all. Our 4-3-3 formation removed Isco from his natural position and we saw how that affected his games (I do hope he'll do better in his new position but as it looks now his talent still remains as no 10). James as AM would just put us in the same situation again. Use him as a winger and you have problems with one spot in the hands of Di Maria and Bale and the other one exclusively Ronaldo's. As much as I want James in Madrid I don't think we have any room for him less we sell players and formation, and even then we have Isco to consider and I'd really want to keep Isco; despite his (mostly) shitty season he's pure talent.

Suen

Suen using the word 'we' is jokes
My football life has mostly been depressing the past nine years. All I wanted was to enjoy the feeling of winning one or two trophies. I did it this time with the FA Cup and La Decima till FIGC killed my soul because Italians hate happiness. I'm just a poor man now, let me live my life in peace Arnie.

My football life has mostly been depressing the past nine years. All I wanted was to enjoy the feeling of winning one or two trophies. I did it this time with the FA Cup and La Decima till FIGC killed my soul because Italians hate happiness. I'm just a poor man now, let me live my life in peace Arnie.

do you even know how many cups madrid won the past ten years?

Suen

do you even know how many cups madrid won the past ten years?
After a while no one cared because all focus was on the tenth, how could you not have noticed this throughout the years? No one is going to be very happy about just winning the cup or the league over and over again yet not even reach the semi or quarter finals of CL (and that's not even mentioning how Barca were dominating Spain and Europe so much that the few years before that became forgettable). Pls understand, this team does not set its aims at the lower bound like Feyenoord does, two team cunt.

News saying Parma has aquired all rights for Acquah now. Very good for the midfield, thanks again Wood.

Manager

News saying Parma has aquired all rights for Acquah now. Very good for the midfield, thanks again Wood.

Wasn't there some rule change that Italian teams had to acquire 100% of all players soon? Been any summer drama between clubs about this?

pulga

Banned
Watching Ep. 4 of Penny Dreadful. Don't know what I think of this so far. Premise intrigues me, especially as a fan of Moore's 'League of Extraordinary Gentleman'. Surprised no one had aped the concept since.

Suen

Wasn't there some rule change that Italian teams had to acquire 100% of all players soon? Been any summer drama between clubs about this?
Yeah rules are getting changed so they have to acquire 100% of all players now. I don't know about other clubs but there hasn't been any drama between Parma and other clubs in the league. Most of the deals are being dealt with fine, so far it's mostly complaints how bad some of the deals are (i.e. some players deserve to be sold for more money). What is interesting about the whole thing is this: Parma acquired Biabiany 100 % but there is a clause in his contract that says we need to pay a certain percentage of money made from selling him to Sampdoria. Sounds exactly like co-ownership to me :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the league is the only title that matters. Soon enough we'll all dump UEFA and play in our own super league anyway.

Even Madrid will hide their La Decima in shame. It'll just be a tale in the history books, a tale of despair.

the league is the only title that matters. Soon enough we'll all dump UEFA and play in our own super league anyway.

Even Madrid will hide their La Decima in shame. It'll just be a tale in the history books, a tale of despair.

Soon we will follow NBA's style of league, with playoffs and divisions.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is pretty funny :lol. I like Juve GAF though.
in all seriousness, the league will always be special but I don't think we care *now* as much as before.
whaaaaa Bojan interested in a move to Toro. Dat europa league prestige!

Sadly, Barca wants Darmian in return. :(
Sorry Timmy, but Darmian is coming to Juve.
Watching Ep. 4 of Penny Dreadful. Don't know what I think of this so far. Premise intrigues me, especially as a fan of Moore's 'League of Extraordinary Gentleman'. Surprised no one had aped the concept since.
So it's not good but there's potential?

Bates Motel is not bad so far, but I did roll my eyes a few times in the first three episodes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Luke Shaw is 6ft 1in.

He could play anywhere. CB. Wing. #10. In net.

What have we signed.

I hope he is good.

Hopefully new signings pick up again, seems like the WC is stalling all the new ones, the post world cup sale is going to be something to behold.

Manager

Yeah rules are getting changed so they have to acquire 100% of all players now. I don't know about other clubs but there hasn't been any drama between Parma and other clubs in the league. Most of the deals are being dealt with fine, so far it's mostly complaints how bad some of the deals are (i.e. some players deserve to be sold for more money). What is interesting about the whole thing is this: Parma acquired Biabiany 100 % but there is a clause in his contract that says we need to pay a certain percentage of money made from selling him to Sampdoria. Sounds exactly like co-ownership to me :lol

Isn't that sort of similar to a normal sell-on-clause, like many deals have internationally? That the clause club have no say in who Parma sell too, just get the money?

Barzul

Well that's always a possibility, although without any actual indication of which club he favours it's a bit of a non-point at the moment. There's nothing to suggest he wouldn't be favourable to a move to Brendan's battleship.

If you were Sanchez and it was either that or fourth place for eternity, or one of your peak years out of the Champions League struggling alongside Fellaini and Phil Jones, it might actually sound appealining.

Of course I'm aware that he probably does fancy a move to Juventus, but throw in the Suarez situation (and how heavily Barca will be pushing him to move to Liverpool) as well as Juve's inherent lack of finances and I just can't see that one happening.
Rich from a fan of a team that's about to plunge right back into midtable mediocrity. Your league challenge was a fluke. Your attacking prowess won't gloss over your defensive fragility again this season. Out scoring your opponents won't simply be enough to win games this season. Besides why would Sanchez want to play for a manager he probably hasn't even heard of and one that has own nothing of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom