• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Well I wanted Costa Rica to win from the beginning, all those Copenhagen rejects, I just want to see them happy.

But when it did go to penalties... and i had money on Greece winning on penalties...

nt5j5sS.png

bobito

Banned
Got rid of my Mac a week after having it. Missed windows too much. Also you can't get the latest version of excel on it. :/

Croyles

Costa Rica really deserved that. Held on with 10 men for an hour.

This should have been a walk-in-the-park game for Italy though.

Italy is always a team that starts slow and slowly build momentum throughout the tournament. Means they get caught out in the group phase sometimes, but yeah they should have won it really. Shame to see them crash out so early. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italy is always a team that starts slow and slowly build momentum throughout the tournament. Means they get caught out in the group phase sometimes, but yeah they should have won it really. Shame to see them crash out so early. :(
Thanks♡

Conte will fix Italy hopefully

(after he fixes Juve ff)

Wilbur

Banned
This is exactly why its done to be quite honest.

Why the fuck was it done in the first place :lol

Didn't know it was a thing until people started it, so clearly not the case.

It would be so weird if I started supporting Sweden just because they're from my fucking continent. I wanted Costa Rica to win because they've been better throughout the tournament.

Suen

News saying we're negotiating Parolo's price and news saying we aren't selling him. Fucking Parolo, couldn't you have scored some goals so you could become more expensive...

edit: pls no, pulga has gone full plugtard and is bringing the WC thread shit here.

FootballFan

I really don't get it, why does everything need to be about continents. UEFloppers is now a word that is being used.....

Can't wait until the US is out and with it half that thread's shit posts.

Why do so many of you hate usa?

I'd be thrilled to see them eliminate Belgium.

Also, you really shouldn't be surprised at the concacaf cheering.

How many times do they get called concalaugh, concalol etc. They suck but they are doing Well and just rubbing it into those peoples faces.

It's stupid, but so is "lol concacaf is so shit" every time too.

pulga

Banned
News saying we're negotiating Parolo's price and news saying we aren't selling him. Fucking Parolo, couldn't you have scored some goals so you could become more expensive...

edit: pls no, pulga has gone full plugtard and is bringing the WC thread shit here.

hahah just doing it because of wilburs crying

i mean how dont you see why concalaff is rallying around cr? its pretty obvious why

Suen

This photo is cracking me up :lol:

No offense to Chile fans, I wanted Chile to go through...
Love those pics. Like that other game when Italy played against Costa Rica and some fan was holding up some "Bye Bye England" banner :lol

It would be so weird if I started supporting Sweden just because they're from my fucking continent. I wanted Costa Rica to win because they've been better throughout the tournament.
Nothing wrong with supporting teams from your continent (when your team is out lol) but there's no need to troll other continents like it's something important and you're having a game between continents :lol

You guys are taking the Concacaf stuff way too seriously, which considering the shit discuss in this thread on a daily basis when a season is going on is quite amazing.

pulga

Banned
You guys are taking the Concacaf stuff way too seriously, which considering the shit discuss in this thread on a daily basis when a season is going on is quite amazing.

innit

shit on concacaf any opportunity they can

get pissed when concacaf does some minor ribbing since we never have the opportunity to do so

breathe in, breathe out, uefa peasants

EmiPrime

24 team Euros from now on. Even the shit teams can qualify. Like Slovakia, or Republic of Ireland. But not Northern Ireland.

Yep thanks for that Platini.

I wish it was 8 teams so that the qualifying rounds weren't such a snooze fest.

In my opinion when I've done it, its mostly because its fun to cheer for the underdogs. And we collectively share the underdog mentality. And its in response to the annoying fact that every time their are concacaf members in a group they 'easy'. Its annoying to be constantly told youre shit and can't win. So when you win, you rub it in.

We also don't have a lot of the rivalries between the countries. the gold cup isn't the euros....

When you say it'd be like supporting Sweden your missing the point and reason. it has nothing to do with the fact they're close. That and its a tradition (often times in response to outside stereotypes and reactions) for out sized patriotism.

my 2 ¢oncagaf ¢ents.

So it's basically this then?

not at all...

hahah just doing it because of wilburs crying

i mean how dont you see why concalaff is rallying around cr? its pretty obvious why

I see why people are doing it. What annoys the shit out of me is that they will post a bunch of CONCACAF posts and then when some guy asks confused why they are cheering for a confederation, there will be 50 salt posts and saying uefalol. It's just ... Shit to read through.

Why do so many of you hate usa?

I'd be thrilled to see them eliminate Belgium.

Also, you really shouldn't be surprised at the concacaf cheering.

How many times do they get called concalaugh, concalol etc. They suck but they are doing Well and just rubbing it into those peoples faces.

It's stupid, but so is "lol concacaf is so shit" every time too.

I honestly don't care about the US either way, I'd rather have the better team go through at all times though.

And I have no idea whether that happened or not and I never did that myself. I'll go "LOL US" or "LOL Honduras" but really I'll make fun of any team that does badly and I know a lot of others do the same.

Wilbur

Banned
innit

shit on concacaf any opportunity they can

get pissed when concacaf does some minor ribbing since we never have the opportunity to do so

breathe in, breathe out, uefa peasants

I've never shit on concacaf in my life :lol

I've been pulling for USA and Mexico all tournament. I don't judge countries by their continent, surprisingly.

I judge them on individual merit m8

I don't like Belgium or Germany or Spain

I don't really like Brazil or Uruguay

I don't like Honduras

These are based on that team's values and whatnot and not their location

Nesotenso

I see why people are doing it. What annoys the shit out of me is that they will post a bunch of CONCACAF posts and then when some guy asks confused why they are cheering for a confederation, there will be 50 salt posts and saying uefalol. It's just ... Shit to read through.

how blind must someone be to not recognize why they do it?

FootballFan

I've been pulling for USA and Mexico all tournament. I don't judge countries by their continent, surprisingly.

I don't like Honduras

Wow what a Neymar h8r.

pulga

Banned
i really want to see usa knock belgium out, i find the "freedom"/concacaf shtick absolutely hilarious
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
the thread would absolutely go mental, completely unreadable

Suen

I don't like Honduras

If you judge them on individual merit you would acknowledge that Wenger is a genius tactician and that Arsenal is England's future in Europe. You are not qualified to be a judge. Pls go and ly dow next to Bla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom