• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
i really want to see usa knock belgium out, i find the "freedom"/concacaf shtick absolutely hilarious
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
the thread would absolutely go mental, completely unreadable

I want USA to win too haha! Been wanting them to get out of the group and beat whoever in the second round the whole time.

I see why people are doing it. What annoys the shit out of me is that they will post a bunch of CONCACAF posts and then when some guy asks confused why they are cheering for a confederation, there will be 50 salt posts and saying uefalol. It's just ... Shit to read through.

Is it really that bad?

I guess I don't read every post.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it really that bad?

I usually find the first page or two after a match entertaining, and then depending on whether a UEFA team has lost or a CONCACAF team has done well, it gets boring real quick.

Not because I care about UEFA teams losing - was delighted your boys pulled through tonight for instance, and was pulling for Mexico earlier - but because every post is the same and then someone dares to go against the tide and there's eight thousand pictures of a fucking salt shaker

Suen

Is it really that bad?

It's annoying regardless and we tend to get pissed off at similar things here when it goes on for too long, although it's slightly more entertaining than reading United GAF's formation discussions and transfer muppetry.

edit: and yeah, as you guys said the salt thing is getting really bad there.

Baki

I feel like most of the super negative Arsenal fans in here have kinda backed off this thread a little bit lately, and I'm fine with it. All the bitching and complaining and the "Wenger out" or "we won't do shit" stuff is super annoying.

Well, if Wenger fucks up this transfer window. He has no excuses, we have money now.

Nesotenso

... It doesn't take an expert to realize why. It's still shit to read through when people start arguing about it for pages.

why do you let it get to you? Let people get it out of their system. A weaker confederation is doing well and hopefully a good performance ends talk of taking away slots.

why do you let it get to you? Let people get it out of their system. A weaker confederation is doing well and hopefully a good performance ends talk of taking away slots.

I'm... Not? All I said was the thread was turning to shit again, when people started arguing about the same crap again. The thread was turning to shit again, with the exact same repeated discussions.

Suen

alternatively people can create "WC: The shit thread" where people can keep trolling each other with the same stuff all the time and leave the original WC thread to be more decent with some trolling.

Hixx

I bet one of us has already created an offspring in Gamefaqs.

Footy-Gamefaqs

already a classic :lol

There is a football board on GameFAQs that has been going a LONG time (decade at least). I used to post on it. They didn't like me. Mainly because they knew nothing about football. There were more Sunderland fans on there than on here though so GameFAQs >>>>> NeoGAF.

Lightning

Banned
Well, if Wenger fucks up this transfer window. He has no excuses, we have money now.
Relax we got this window sorted!

Sit back and enjoy the Netherlands roll into the semis!

Got a real scare against Mexico. I was starting to accept we would go out which would've been very depressing.

There is a football board on GameFAQs that has been going a LONG time (decade at least). I used to post on it. They didn't like me. Mainly because they knew nothing about football. There were more Sunderland fans on there than on here though so GameFAQs >>>>> NeoGAF.

Of course gamefaqs got more sunderland supporters.

m8 we are going to the Euros. I know how you fuckers look

Footygaf goes on holiday

Sorry mate, I'm not going with a bunch of English men. I know how you fuckers look out on holidays

yPLMTex.jpg

Yen

Stop making fun of Ramadan pls :(

m8 what happens if for medical reasons you shouldn't be fasting? I know if my family were fasting I wouldn't do it 'cos I'd probably faint w/ my bad heart (but more importantly 'cos I'm a heathen)

Torygraph reporting what Arnie posted earlier about Liverpool spending £110m - Lallana, Can, Lambert, Lovren, Origi, Markovic, Sanchez and presumably Alberto, but the article doesn't mention him Let's hope this is better than the last time we spent £110m on 7 players comolligrin.jpg

m8 what happens if for medical reasons you shouldn't be fasting? I know if my family were fasting I wouldn't do it 'cos I'd probably faint w/ my bad heart (but more importantly 'cos I'm a heathen)

Torygraph reporting what Arnie posted earlier about Liverpool spending £110m - Lallana, Can, Lambert, Lovren, Origi, Markovic, Sanchez and presumably Alberto, but the article doesn't mention him
If it hinders your health you definitely shouldn't be fasting.

Liverpool are shit.

Hixx

Watching Disclosure's set at Glastonbury (well, got it on in the background) and it's reminding me how good their album is. Best British debut album since the Arctic Monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom