• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Watching Disclosure's set at Glastonbury (well, got it on in the background) and it's reminding me how good their album is. Best British debut album since the Arctic Monkeys.

My friend knows them through a friend, went to a party with them and apparently they were so boring until they started snorting lines and then BOOM life and soul

Cracking album

I already said that man. Jesus.

I'm sorry man, didn't know you were so sensitive about it.

Serious question though : The rules are just you can't eat while there's day light right? Isn't it kind of cheating if you're like on a night working shift then? It's not like you are even skipping out on meals then.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
plesae no more concacaf or freedom bullshit, let's just celebrate that we finally did something, even if Holland will absolutely destroy us! :D

Hixx

My friend knows them through a friend, went to a party with them and apparently they were so boring until they started snorting lines and then BOOM life and soul

Cracking album

They're reet fucking dullards in interviews and that. Proper boring southerners.

But not everyone can be Liam Gallagher m8

I'm sorry man, didn't know you were so sensitive about it.

Serious question though : The rules are just you can't eat while there's day light right? Isn't it kind of cheating if you're like on a night working shift then? It's not like you are even skipping out on meals then.

It's not strictly daylight. Currently it's about a 19 hour fast. Can only eat and drink between 9.30 and 2.30 ish.

But it's more than just not eating and drinking.

This explains a bit of the wider context of the month.

But yeah - if that is your working pattern, no problem. There is no cheating or circumventing rules to worry about really. The no eating/drinking part is just one aspect of it and honestly for me it's the easiest. Your body adjusts to it very quickly.

Elchele

Sorry mate, I'm not going with a bunch of English men. I know how you fuckers look out on holidays

yPLMTex.jpg

that pic is amazing

Pennywise

Arsenal making a £25m bid for Khedira.

Wenger finally getting down to business.

Wenger has no idea what he's doing.

There are so many talented players for that position...if he want's another German that badly, he could have gotten Bender from Leverkusen who is better and cheaper.

Pennywise

Then how do you know we could get him?

Leverkusen wouldn't rule out a good offer and as I said, he certainly wants to improve...
When Bayern tried to get him, he was pretty sure it was possible to achieve something with Leverkusen.
It didn't work obivously.

Well, the situation is different now, they've got someone with Kramer who is coming back from a loan, who is pretty talented as well and is good enough to fill that gap.
Why should they deny a good offer, if they have a pretty good back up for him ?

Messi

Manchester United were offered Colombia’s James Rodríguez for £5m
• Attacker touted to Old Trafford but Bebé signed instead
• Agents drew blank despite his billing as a world beater

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/29/james-rodriguez-manchester-united-colombia-world-cup-2014

Attacker touted to Old Trafford but Bebé signed instead

What in the world...guess Bebe was a hot talent back then?

Hindsight is 20/20. Many united have a long list of targets they were in for and missed out on. Like Ronaldinho.

FuturusX

Hindsight is 20/20. Many united have a long list of targets they were in for and missed out on. Like Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho...is just mindless. He was great from day zero.
Missing out on a target and passing up are two different things. But yeah hindsight and all that.

Have there been new links? If we sell him to you guys and replace with someone like Lovren, can't say I'd be disappointed tbh.
Nothing major but seems clear we want him and I can't see why you'd say no to anything £10m+. Just for prides sake I guess but it's not like he's important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom