• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I never thought this moment would come. He is actually alive. Is he still playing assassins creed?

Remember when he got banned for photoshopping a face onto the homemade sex doll during one of the first Afer Darks.

God yes loooool

I miss him

Lightning

Banned
I read the world cup thread and wish I didn't. That was a penalty and a justified victory. Robben made the most of it? As an Arsenal fan I know this too well.

K1LLER7

I read the world cup thread and wish I didn't. That was a penalty and a justified victory. Robben made the most of it? As an Arsenal fan I know this too well.
It was a pen. Robben was the best player on the pitch today. Mexico keeper Ochoa is overrated.

Lightning

Banned
Fabergas made his debut at 16 son. Zelalem is better than him too.
I know all about fabregas, players like him are one of a kind and if Wenger had complete faith in Zelalem he would have played late last season instead we got a loaned Kallstrom.

I have great faith in Zelalem too but better than fabregas? Not at the moment he's not.

Lightning

Banned
So young but so good (for his age).

I'd say in a year or two he will start to feature in the team a bit more.
If that's the case then we should see sub appearances and he should start backing Ozil up. He trains with the first team so let's see if he can do it, Cesc did it at that age.

Meier

Training and playing with better players.
Anyone who thinks playing a handful of games for a national team has any sort of longstanding impact on a player's development is absolutely delusional.

Players grow at a club level. The other stuff is completely window dressing.

Rad-

Does anyone know anything about Roman Eremenko? We are linked heavily with him the past couple of days and I want to know what to think.

He's decent but I'm not sure he's big team material. Slow but ok passing and technique. I guess his style fits in Serie A though.

wedward

Anyone who thinks playing a handful of games for a national team has any sort of longstanding impact on a player's development is absolutely delusional.

Players grow at a club level. The other stuff is completely window dressing.

Sure, but why not play with better players if you have a choice?

Also I'd rather he play with players he will be playing with at his club. Can't see Arsenal signing any Americans anytime soon.

Meier

Sure, but why not play with better players if you have a choice?

Also I'd rather he play with players he will be playing with at his club. Can't see Arsenal signing any Americans anytime soon.
He is realistically 4-5 years away, at best, from Germany's senior team anyway. It's unlikely he'd ever play with any of them, except perhaps Özil.

Arjen Robben has apologised for diving during the first half of Netherlands' 2-1 last 16 win against Mexico at the World Cup.
Robben was denied a penalty on two occasions before a late foul on the winger by Mexico captain Rafael Marquez saw referee Pedro Proenca point to the spot, allowing Netherlands to complete a dramatic late comeback.
After the game Robben admitted diving on one of the first two occasions, when fouls were not given, but claimed the third time was a legitimate foul and said it is a tendency he must curb.
"I must apologise," Robben told Nederlandse Omroep Stichting. "The one [at the end] was a penalty, but the other one was a dive in the first half. I shouldn't be doing that."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/320093.html#G0x3TFq0QtfuC58j.99

Well.

Lightning

Banned
Why would you want him to choose Germany specifically? How does that benefit him over playing for America?
Because America are a throwaway team who cannot go anywhere. Germany compete at Euro's and World Cups with a chance to win them, USA make up the numbers and nothing more.

It's a no brainer and better competition for team selection to keep his performances at the level. Otherwise he can take tips from Ramsey and Bale what it's like sitting at home while everyone else enjoys a world cup.

wedward

Because America are a throwaway team who cannot go anywhere. Germany compete at Euro's and World Cups with a chance to win them, USA make up the numbers and nothing more.

It's a no brainer and better competition for team selection to keep his performances at the level. Otherwise he can take tips from Ramsey and Bale what it's like sitting at home while everyone else enjoys a world cup.

This is a good point. He won't be guaranteed a place in the lineup with Germany like he would with the US. His form with Arsenal will have to be high if he hopes of getting in the lineup.

Meier

Bale was eligible to play for England. Do you think he'd have become a better player if he had opted for England? Of course not. Your point is completely moot and pointless. It'd be one thing if it was New Zealand and Germant I suppose. That's definitely a country who just makes up numbers.

Lightning

Banned
Bale was eligible to play for England. Do you think he'd have become a better player if he had opted for England? Of course not. Your point is completely moot and pointless. It'd be one thing if it was New Zealand and Germant I suppose. That's definitely a country who just makes up numbers.
It's not about becoming the better player, it's about challenging yourself to be the best you can be and succeeding against the best. If Zelalem is the next Cesc he will be good enough to crack Germany and play with players on that level. Choosing USA is merely saying he isn't good enough to get into Germany, they are an inferior team in every respect.

There is only one clear choice if he's good enough. Only a fool would choose the USA over playing for Germany.

hiroshawn

Banned
I know all about fabregas, players like him are one of a kind and if Wenger had complete faith in Zelalem he would have played late last season instead we got a loaned Kallstrom.

I have great faith in Zelalem too but better than fabregas? Not at the moment he's not.

He is better than Cesc when Cesc was 17. I watched him play all season. He will feature a lot this season trust me. I've only owned 1 Arsenal kit with a nam on the back and that;s Henry, the nest will be Zelalem.

Marc

Oh god, I don't want to laugh but some charity bike race to raise money for Hillsborough had parked at Anfield to get a tour and ended up getting all their equipment stolen. £30K or so worth.

On the one hand, what a bastard. On the other... talk about living up to a stereotype.

pulga

Banned
| *Bienvenido J-Rod* | Ultimate Skills - Real Madrid 2014/2015 |

BmVUyzZIIAEonE3.jpg:large

pulga

Banned
Marca saying Kroos to Madrid is nailed on. 25-30m fee.

Damn its not even 9 am and Im going full on muppet pls understand

He is better than Cesc when Cesc was 17. I watched him play all season. He will feature a lot this season trust me. I've only owned 1 Arsenal kit with a nam on the back and that;s Henry, the nest will be Zelalem.

How is he better than Cesc at the same age??? Fabregas aas already playing in a midfield with Gilberto, Vieria and Pires. This midfield is nowhere near that level and he hasn't broken in yet. There is absolutely no way you can compare the two.

fuenf

sounds unlikely that Kroos would negotiate a transfer during the WC and it still doesnt make sense for Bayern to sell him

pulga

Banned
sounds unlikely that Kroos would negotiate a transfer during the WC and it still doesnt make sense for Bayern to sell him

well if he's dead-set on not renewing, of course it makes sense to sell him rather than let him go on a free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom